The Killing

The fiance wasn't even in Sunday's episode, which led to me ruling him out. I have a hard time believing the killer would not even show up in one of the episodes. Mr. Larsen's friend/co-worker played an incredibly minimal role early, but has been getting much more involved in the story as of late. I'm probably to the point that I'd put money on him being the bad guy.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fiance wasn't even in Sunday's episode, which led to me ruling him out. I have a hard time believing the killer would not even show up in one of the episodes. Mr. Larsen's friend/co-worker played an incredibly minimal role early, but has been getting much more involved in the story as of late. I'm probably to the point that I'd put money on him being the bad guy.

I'm sorry...I typed fiance, but in my head I was thinking the teacher's wife. That's what I meant in the previous post. Brain cramp.

I'm sorry...I typed fiance, but in my head I was thinking the teacher's wife. That's what I meant in the previous post. Brain cramp.

The teacher's wife is tempting on the surface, but it's hard to imagine a very pregnant woman chasing down Rosie at night in the woods.

If you check ot the AMC website for the Killing, it shows some characters not introduced yet. For example, the mob boss. Apparently dad was an inforcer for him in the past.

He was briefly introduced in one episode when Mr. Larsen needed money for the funeral. But that was just one brief scene out of six episodes thus far. I've got a feeling the whole thing's about to get crazy!

The teacher's wife is tempting on the surface, but it's hard to imagine a very pregnant woman chasing down Rosie at night in the woods.

I forgot about that. Assuming that was Rosie of course. I wonder what the deal is with the detectives past and becoming obsessed with a girl and/or case. Also, the teacher's wife seems to obvious for...well...obvious reasons. :lol: For a show touting her murder as a big mystery, that seems a bit of a letdown if its something as simple as a teacher/student affair and a jealous wife.

I forgot about that. Assuming that was Rosie of course. I wonder what the deal is with the detectives past and becoming obsessed with a girl and/or case. Also, the teacher's wife seems to obvious for...well...obvious reasons. :lol: For a show touting her murder as a big mystery, that seems a bit of a letdown if its something as simple as a teacher/student affair and a jealous wife.

Good point on Linden's past. There has to be something there, other than she's just a workaholic.

On your last sentence, that's why I think it's the friend/co-worker of Mr. Larsen. The story of The Killing is a painful one & I think a close friend of the family being the killer will be icing on the cake. The teacher/student affair is simple IMO, as is the political slant. I think that leaves us with the fiance & the friend/co-worker.

Did you understand why Mrs. Larsen's sister was crying & so visibly upset toward the end? She attempted to speak to the older man @ the funeral & he shunned her. Not sure what went on there. You have any theories?

Good point on Linden's past. There has to be something there, other than she's just a workaholic.

On your last sentence, that's why I think it's the friend/co-worker of Mr. Larsen. The story of The Killing is a painful one & I think a close friend of the family being the killer will be icing on the cake. The teacher/student affair is simple IMO, as is the political slant. I think that leaves us with the fiance & the friend/co-worker.

Did you understand why Mrs. Larsen's sister was crying & so visibly upset toward the end? She attempted to speak to the older man @ the funeral & he shunned her. Not sure what went on there. You have any theories?

No. I wondered about that as well. Wasn't that Jasper's dad? Did she have some kind of relationship with him in the past? Also, the show's web site calls her a party girl or something, but the show hasn't really shown that to me. I think there's more to her than we've seen at this point. To date, its been a good show and well done. I hope they can keep it up.

No. I wondered about that as well. Wasn't that Jasper's dad? Did she have some kind of relationship with him in the past? Also, the show's web site calls her a party girl or something, but the show hasn't really shown that to me. I think there's more to her than we've seen at this point. To date, its been a good show and well done. I hope they can keep it up.

Could have been her Dad, but I hadn't remembered him being on in the past. That would make a lot of sense.

Without question a quality show. AMC has been knocking it out of the park recently.

Could have been her Dad, but I hadn't remembered him being on in the past. That would make a lot of sense.

Without question a quality show. AMC has been knocking it out of the park recently.

I thought I heard him say something about Jasper not being able to make it when he was shaking hands with the Larsens. I wish I hadn't deleted the episode or I'd check.

I thought I heard him say something about Jasper not being able to make it when he was shaking hands with the Larsens. I wish I hadn't deleted the episode or I'd check.

I deleted it too. But I think it's on again tonight so I might try to catch it.

Here is a twist, the killer is the Mom's sister??? She has been in most episodes and has said some weird things and had odd reactions. Maybe she didn't do it, but she could be involved.

Here is a twist, the killer is the Mom's sister??? She has been in most episodes and has said some weird things and had odd reactions. Maybe she didn't do it, but she could be involved.

That is both an interesting & plausible theory.

Once again, a weird statement about the sister. They keep bringing her in the story in small parts. Is that a Red herring or is that when its all over you can look back and see the connection.