Christian County 65 Rowan County 63 (2OT)

I haven't watched a replay of it but it seems pretty obvious when watching it live. I think that one ended up hurting the Vikings more than the 3-pointer that was ruled 2.

When you see it on video, you will be surprised how close it was to the ball not being out of his hand when he made contact. I had to slow it down and watch it a couple of times to make sure. But it is clear the ball was out of his hand.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like I ask this every year and can never remember the answer, but when was the last time a district runner-up won the tournament? I think it was perhaps Hopkinsville in 1985, but can't remember for sure. Christian County lost to University Heights in their district. Champions of the state, but not the 8th District.

The last two times a district runner-up won the state tournament was from the 8th District. Hoptown lost to Christian County in the district finals and edged them by one in the region final, then went on to beat Pelphrey and Paintsville for the title.

Christian County lost to UHA in the district finals this year.

I'm very glad I made the decision to go tonight. That was an outstanding game. The call that probably bothers me more than the three-pointer that was called a two is the charge that was called on Rowan's PG. If it was a charge then so be it, but he released the shot before he charged. The basket should've counted.
This isn't college basketball. No baskets are allowed on charges in high school basketball.

It doesn't really matter because of when it happened. Everything that happened after that shot was based on that shot being counted as 2. As others said, would Rowan Co. have shot the 3 pointer that tied it if they were only down 2? How would Christian County have played it on defense if they were up 2 instead of three? Too many other factors after that shot to be saying they would have won if it were counted as a 3. If that was the last shot of the game, it would be worth debating.

It did matter , it cost Rowan Co the game.

I watched the replay on the video board at Rupp, and to me it was very inconclusive. In my opinion, the shot looked like a two and not a three. Of course, the replay was only shown once.

That is my opinion as well. Still waiting for definitive evidence that it was a 3. Haven't seen it yet.

From the youtube clip the lead is also signaling that the shot was a 2. Again we have people who have looked at the REPLAY which is slowed down and there is still debate on whether it is a two or a three. Put yourself out on the floor in real time......