Christian County 65 Rowan County 63 (2OT)

I hated to see Rowan lose like that, but this was a great championship game. Congrats to Christian County, they've had a great week at the tourney. For the kid to hit a game winning shot in the state championship it doesn't get any better than that. He'll be a legend in Christian County for the rest of his life. Keep your head up Rowan County, it was a great run.

Man what a great game, I wish I could have been there rather than watching it on the tv, working on my stupid TPA.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We must have seen different replays. I was watching online on IHigh, and they showed a couple of replays...looked to be clearly a three.

God bless your young eyes. I , too, watched it on IHigh and the left foot looked like it was either touching the line or less than 1/2" off of it.

The official that called it 2 was running up from behind the play since the kid took off on a dead sprint. That's a tough angle for him to get a good look.

Congratulations to the Christian County Colonels!!!!

What a fantastic group of athletes; many playing in the 5A football title game and now winning the state basketball championship in just a three month time span!!

This Fort Campbell fan is very proud of our neighbors in Christian County and their accomplishments.

A special congrats to Anthony Hickey & Bubba Tandy, two of the top football/basketball players in the state - we are very proud of you here in Western Kentucky.

Who carried the game? ICN6 in NKY used to show it but that channel went away.

Clyde, I don't remember the name of it to be honest. It's a local channel out of Lexington but I don't think it's Wazoo Sports. It's channel 99 on Time Warner Cable in the Morehead/Carter County area. I'll see if they show the name on the channel at some point tonight.

http://www.ihigh.com/khsaa/broadcast_155199.html?silverlight=1

Go to the 2:01:00 mark to see the play. You can see that the official coming up from behind had a tough angle.

There were two replays. No chance anyone can tell anything from the first replay.

The 2nd replay is the replay I'm referring to that IMO is too hard to tell. The left foot is the question.

If you were watching on IHigh then you also heard the announcers saying that it sure looked like a three. No doubt a tough call for an official coming up from behind, but I don't know how you can watch that replay and not say it was a three. And I sure don't have young eyes, I think the officials kind of got the lines mixed up like some others suggested. I have watched it several times and while the left foot is closer than I thought the first time I watched it, I still see seperation. Good game though, I am not a Rowan Co. fan but they represented the 16th very well.

They announcers even said it was for sure.

Rewind it. At first he was dead sure that it was an obvious 3. He then watched the replay and he wasn't as sure. Still thought it was but wasn't as confident. No question it was a tough call and it might have been incorrect.