Christian County 65 Rowan County 63 (2OT)

I don't have a dog in the fight I'm not from either place. Shouldn't take away from either team. They both hit clutch shot after clutch shot! It was a treat for fans across the Bluegrass. Both teams have a lot to be proud of.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did Rowan let Christian County run off all that clock at the end of regulation and the double OT? Why not keep playing defense? They let them run off over 2:00 minutes of clock total. That baffled me.

Excellent game. Much like the Holmes/Central game of 2009 the best was saved for last. Hate it for Rowan and my hat's off to Christian County and Anthony Mr. Basketball Hickey.

I thought the refs did a fine job. Couldn't tell from my seat and haven't seen a replay but that one play has no bearing on why Rowan lost, IMO. Great game. Glad I was there.

Edited by PurplePride92

It's a lot tougher to tell on iHigh than it was on TV. I really felt it was a three. But to those who indicate that Rowan would have won had it been called that way, you have no idea whether or not they would've shot the three for the win after that. I know I would have driven for the two if my team were down two.

I feel like I ask this every year and can never remember the answer, but when was the last time a district runner-up won the tournament? I think it was perhaps Hopkinsville in 1985, but can't remember for sure. Christian County lost to University Heights in their district. Champions of the state, but not the 8th District.

It's a lot tougher to tell on iHigh than it was on TV. I really felt it was a three. But to those who indicate that Rowan would have won had it been called that way, you have no idea whether or not they would've shot the three for the win after that. I know I would have driven for the two if my team were down two.

You could be right. I'd like to see (and I'm sure it will surface) the TV shot.

I was sitting three rows from the floor behind Rowan bench and it was a no doubt three. They should give Pouncy a ring!!

In reality the other official across the floor had a better angle. Had he thought it was a "no doubt three" he could have blown his whistle and told james that he was 100% sure.

Easy now. I work with what I have.

Even with that said are you one who believes it was a no doubter 3?

I watched the IHigh broadcast but I must have missed the replay so I have no idea if he was toeing the line or not.