Christian County 65 Rowan County 63 (2OT)

Is Anthony Hickey going anywhere on a scholarship?

He has basketball offers from WKU and Nebraska with more expected to follow after this week.

Edited by gold sunrise
Fixing quote

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't at the game to say it was a two or three, but based on the footage and real-time, it could have gone either way but did look like his foot was on the line... Either way, there were 2 minutes left in the game, you have to move on and play the game to win! Great Season for both School's, a well played tourney and hard fought championship.

Andy Wing is a name we should familiarize ourselves with over the next football and basketball season.

Maybe you should try learning his name first. Seriously what does I guy have to do to get some respect. :rolleyes::lol::lol:

Football I believe. Not sure where.

Nope. According to the folks that cover sports on that end of the state, he has been courted in the regional tournament by Nebraska and by TCU. Also some have said that Mississippi State was there at the sweet 16 also, although I have no idea who they were watching.

I thought it was a 3 but it was the deciding factor.

One of if not the best high school games I've ever seen. I'm really proud of Rowan and how they represented the 16th region.

I don't know what it was, but even if it was a three, the last 9 seconds would have played out differently. We always assume the script would still play the same and that simply can't be stated.

And I totally agree that Rowan was spectacular. I couldn't be happier for them. Sure was rooting for them, and sadly that can't be said by all of the 16th region folks there in Rupp. That was the most fun I've had watching any tournament I can recall.

I told spindoc that Rowan County needed to foul Hickey with about 20 seconds left, to give them a shot at winning the game. Hickey had struggled from the line, and I thought it was the best chance Rowan Co. had at winning.

When Rowan Co was up 5 and turned the ball over about 3 times in a row it was the deciding factor. They take care of the basketball and run some clock we could have a different story.Rowan Co will have a solid team next year.

Rowan will be tough, but Hunter leaves a huge void in the middle.