Christian County 65 Rowan County 63 (2OT)

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The official at the table was trying to tell him it was a three but his ego wouldn't let him huddle up and talk about it with the other officials. He missed the call bottom line and possibly cost a bunch of hard working kids a state title.

I've seen that ref that was at the table before on 16th region games. Where did he transfer to?

I told spindoc that Rowan County needed to foul Hickey with about 20 seconds left, to give them a shot at winning the game. Hickey had struggled from the line, and I thought it was the best chance Rowan Co. had at winning.

Hurrah!!! Somebody finally said it!!!

YES, foul someone with 15 or so seconds to go. Always put your team in a win or overtime situation. Twice Rowan County stood back in a zone and invited Chirstian County to apply the coup de' grace (lose or go overtime) - the second time they did.

I felt terrible for the Rowan County kids at that juncture.

Perhaps the Rowan coach felt that he had a sizeable advantage in 3OT, but unfortunately for the Vikings they didn't get there.

I watched the IHigh archived broadcast ... to me, the disputed three is still inconclusive, regardless of what the announcers said.

One more pet peeve ... the color analyst thought the play should be reviewed, which anyone that remotely knows high school basketball knows that officials don't have that option at this level.

I watched the IHigh archived broadcast ... to me, the disputed three is still inconclusive, regardless of what the announcers said.

One more pet peeve ... the color analyst thought the play should be reviewed, which anyone that remotely knows high school basketball knows that officials don't have that option at this level.

I have watched some games on IHigh and in each one the announcers gave out wrong info such as the above. Dosn't suprise me that they missed this one too.

Hurrah!!! Somebody finally said it!!!

YES, foul someone with 15 or so seconds to go. Always put your team in a win or overtime situation. Twice Rowan County stood back in a zone and invited Chirstian County to apply the coup de' grace (lose or go overtime) - the second time they did.

I felt terrible for the Rowan County kids at that juncture.

Perhaps the Rowan coach felt that he had a sizeable advantage in 3OT, but unfortunately for the Vikings they didn't get there.

It baffled me that they let all of that time run off. It was over 2:00 minutes total when you add those moments together.

Townsend had fouled out at this time also. Why would he want a 3rd OT is my question.

Its been a while since Ive been on. Stinks not having a computer of my own.

Congratulations to both teams on making the finals and to Christian on the championship. I did listen to the game on the radiio and it sounded like a great one.