5 of the 8 State Finalist are Private. Does Propostion 20 hold water?

kissinger

How did it look last year? How about the year before that? Care to share???

Remember there are approximate 200 public schools and 12 private schools. So both sides of the argument can use these stats to bolster their claim. For example, you can say in 2004, publics had 75% of the championship game spots but only 3% of the public schools were represented in the championship game while 17% of the private schools were representing even though the private schools only comprise 5.7% of the football playing schools.

Before this year.

publics took 6 of 8 spots

A both are publics.

AA 1 public, 1 private

AAA 2 publics

AAAA 1 public/1 private.

Public took 6 of 8 spots

A both teams public

AA both teams public

AAA both teams public

AAAA 2 privates

publics took 7 of 8 spots

A 2 publics

AA 2 publics

AAA 2 publics

AAAA 1 of each

publics took 6 of 8 spots

A 1 of each

AA 2 publics

AAA 2 publics

AAAA 1 of each

publics 6 of 8 spots.

A 1 of each

AA 2 publics

AAA 2 publics

AAAA 1 of each

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2003 was only T and X. Not looking as powerful is it???

Since T and X are the ONLY 2 private schools in AAAA and they have combined to claim 6 of the 10 spots in the AAAA championship game, I would say yes as far as AAAA is concerned.

Give the championship game spots another view and look at rural counties. Out of the 50 championship game spots from 2000 to present, 9 have been from a county school with Boyle County accounting for 5 spots, Rockcastle County 2, Breathitt and Scott each with 1.

Since T and X are the ONLY 2 private schools in AAAA and they have combined to claim 6 of the 10 spots in the AAAA championship game, I would say yes as far as AAAA is concerned.

And that's where the concern ends. Why would Publics outside of the 52 or so in 4A care about kicking them out???

And that's where the concern ends. Why would Publics outside of the 52 or so in 4A care about kicking them out???

I have maintained from the beginning that while football may have been the last straw it is not the only straw that is on this camel's back. When you begin to look at some of the other sports especially on the girls' side, there is more domination. Hopefully, the AD's/Principals are equally concerned with the young ladies who participate in sports as the young men.

Also, I have maintained that for a lot of schools it is not just about state championships but also about regional/district championships.

Since 1998

How many private schools have won the 1A (where the majority of private schools reside) title? 0 How many have made the finals? 1

How many private schools have won the 2A title? 0 How many have made the finals? 1

How many private schools have won the 3A title. 0 How many have made the finals? 1 (this year)

Give the championship game spots another view and look at rural counties. Out of the 50 championship game spots from 2000 to present, 9 have been from a county school with Boyle County accounting for 5 spots, Rockcastle County 2, Breathitt and Scott each with 1.

I would guess that's the case for just about every state in America...

I would guess that's the case for just about every state in America...

Probably so. Not sure what to make of it. I do not buy into the thought that those coaches and players of rural schools just need to work harder.

Is it a situation that needs to be fixed. Not even sure on that. Just an interesting observation to me.

I have maintained from the beginning that while football may have been the last straw it is not the only straw that is on this camel's back. When you begin to look at some of the other sports especially on the girls' side, there is more domination. Hopefully, the AD's/Principals are equally concerned with the young ladies who participate in sports as the young men.

They (AD's/Principal) should be concerning themselves with getting classification in sports such as soccer, volleyball, basketball, softball.

News flash: If football wasn't classified Trinity, St. X, Male would still be playing for the championship every year with maybe Highlands being the only smaller school with a chance most years.

Since 1998

How many private schools have won the 1A (where the majority of private schools reside) title? 0 How many have made the finals? 1

How many private schools have won the 2A title? 0 How many have made the finals? 1

How many private schools have won the 3A title. 0 How many have made the finals? 1 (this year)

According to the tone some have had on here and not necessarily you, APNW, but I guess they just need to work harder than. ;)

They (AD's/Principal) should be concerning themselves with getting classification in sports such as soccer, volleyball, basketball, softball.

News flash: If football wasn't classified Trinity, St. X, Male would still be playing for the championship every year with maybe Highlands being the only smaller school with a chance most years.

I would agree with this except the money that runs the Sweet 16 won't let basketball become classified. Politicians would be losing their minds. Sweet 16 heroes from the past would be losing their minds. It would be pandemonium. Bring on Chicken Little if KHSAA proposed to classify basketball.

Question....

WHAT IF:

Counties who had small football participation/only one school/only one school with barely enough interest to field a team/ were allowed to combine and field a team of interested students together and compete?

Since 1998

You do raise an interesting point. An argument has been on here that St. X and Trinity hold an advantage because they can have so many kids on the team.

At the A and AA levels where you are not going to have those numbers because of the size of your school, that advantage is negated.

According to the tone some have had on here and not necessarily you, APNW, but I guess they just need to work harder than. :D

You are actually correct.

Not too up on 2A in the western part of the state and O'Cath, but LexCath/CovCath do need to work harder to beat Highlands on a consistant basis. And NewCath which has to have the worst facilities in 1A, has had their coach say that Beechwood has raised the bar and made everyone work harder in 1A.