St. Henry 40 Highlands 37

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice win for St. Henry . I was there and it was never more than a 5 point lead for either team. Very physical at times and very poor shooting most of the game. It was definately a "Grinder".

It certainly was a 'Grinder'. Ugly doesn't begin to describe certain stretches of this game, but a win, is a win, is a win. St. Henry's 50% foul shooting in the last 1:36 was just enough to hold off the Lady Bluebirds, who got off a heavily contested '3' from the corner at the buzzer. St. Henry did not grab their first lead until midway in the 3rd quarter. Highlands lost two players (Fisse & Abner) to fouls, and St. Henry lost one (Knaley) and had Taylor Gamm play the last 6 minutes with 4 fouls. St. Henry will need the same defensive performance, and a much stronger offensive performance on Friday against Boone. The Lady Cru is right back where they've been the last two years. They need to figure out a way to take it one step further.

Congrats to St Henry on the win, Birds just came up a little short.

A big Congrats to Srs Ally Connor, Kelsey Dunn and Sydney Groneck for all solid careers at Highlands and for the quality time spent with my daughter.

Birds left it on the floor tonite, literally (LOL) and have nothing to hang their heads about.

Thanks so much to these Srs for teaching my daughter to be a sweet and "ladylike" person on the basketball floor. LOL.

Edited by Sweeperboy

How was the game officiated by the 8th Region crew?

I listened via the interent and Coach Stamm was beside himself at times over the officiating. I heard him say at one point during the game the free throw advantage was 27 - 9 in favor of SH. The game literally sounded ugly with the non-stop whistle's that could be heard in the background.

A ton of fouls called, both coaches were in the refs faces throughout the contest and more traveling calls than I can remember all season(odd for a game this late in the season). In their defense it was one of those scrappy, belly to belly games with everything hotly contested. The first game of the night was no where near this controversial from an officials perspective.

I believe St H attempted 9 perimeter shots for the game. Thats right Nine. Points came off pounding it inside and from the free throw line. Very good FT shooting team BTW, thinking St H made near 75%. This is what it takes when a team takes away their strengths and forces them into another phase of the game that makes or breaks ya.

The FT advantage is what it is, Highlands didnt take it to the hole enough to draw the fouls and St H sorta did. LOL.

A ton of fouls called, both coaches were in the refs faces throughout the contest and more traveling calls than I can remember all season(odd for a game this late in the season). In their defense it was one of those scrappy, belly to belly games with everything hotly contested. The first game of the night was no where near this controversial from an officials perspective.

My experience has always been that when you play 8th region teams (meaning the refs) we were ready to hug 9th region refs when we got back into town :) assuming I heard correctly that 8th regions refs are doing this tourney?

Shock: from my experience, if Ryle plays their typical aggressive style (especially Jenna & Dawn) you better take a couple of "calm down pills" before the game starts :)

The classic call of the night and could be for the tourney was the "no" call on the over and back. Highlands player saves a loose ball from out of bounds and throws it over her head across the backcourt. HHS guard beats St H to the ball, catches it, puts it under her arm and begins to walk it to the ref, no whistle, begins to dribble and off they go. Unbelievable to say the least. That is when even as a recipient fan of the call just has to laugh and shake their head in disbelief.

BTW, I have heard Shock get a little excited at times on here because of poorly officated games and my suggestion is perhaps a stop at the ole "Skyline" tavern for a little pre-game. LOL

The classic call of the night and could be for the tourney was the "no" call on the over and back. Highlands player saves a loose ball from out of bounds and throws it over her head across the backcourt. HHS guard beats St H to the ball, catches it, puts it under her arm and begins to walk it to the ref, no whistle, begins to dribble and off they go. Unbelievable to say the least. That is when even as a recipient fan of the call just has to laugh and shake their head in disbelief.

BTW, I have heard Shock get a little excited at times on here because of poorly officated games and my suggestion is perhaps a stop at the ole "Skyline" tavern for a little pre-game. LOL

And isn't it ironic that the most obvious miss of the night was a "no call".