Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

St. Henry 40 Highlands 37

Featured Replies

:DPlease tell me Cornbread is not still officiating...................Surely you jest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Yes, he is still officiating.

  • Replies 32
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ask and you shall receive. In the 6 years I have covered the 8th Region (but more recently the 9th), You know who is going to call the good games and who is not. In the first game, you had Brian Sandlin who is good, there was another guy that Coach Stamm and I thought was from the 10th region as they had to piece together a team as the fire on I-71 prevented a few of the guys from traveling north to the BOKC.

 

In the second game, at the top of the broadcast, you heard me mention "Mr. Watkins". Those who know me, know that He and I have had a "stare down or two" due to his hearing me call the game and some of the calls he makes. I think I even said last night that about half of the teams in the 8th at one time had him scratched. How he makes the 9th Region I don't know. There are plenty of other good 8th Region officials, that we will look for throughout the week and into the boys games. Coach Stamm is waiting for "Cornbread" to make his appearance.

 

When I heard the ref rotation I knew it would be not only interesting on the floor but what we heard from the stands. Last night didn't dissappoint and I'm sure the rest of the Tournament will be the same way!!!

 

How does a guy with that many scratches get picked to ref a regional tournament?

I listened via the interent and Coach Stamm was beside himself at times over the officiating. I heard him say at one point during the game the free throw advantage was 27 - 9 in favor of SH. The game literally sounded ugly with the non-stop whistle's that could be heard in the background.

 

Coach Stamm always whines and complains about the officiating whether he is on the bench or in the booth. Just ask any 9th Region official, they have heard his outbursts/complaints for years! I take him with a grain of salt.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.