February 5, 201115 yr Is Duke the favorite to land him? Who sticks out in your mind as it relates to the 2012 class? Not really sure on most of the 2012 kids just yet. Will know a lot more once I get back out on the road in April. Of the ones I have seen a decent amount I love Shabazz, Murphy, Gary Harris and Torian Graham. Hanner Perea and Wannah Bail have all kinds of up side, but both are pretty raw still. Liked Brandon Ashley a lot, but that AAU team was LOADED with guards and wings so not totally sold on him yet. Just set my spring schedule so I'm getting excited about hitting the road. Still a lot of movement in the 2012 class coming soon...
February 7, 201115 yr Is Duke the favorite to land him? Who sticks out in your mind as it relates to the 2012 class? Landed!
February 21, 201115 yr Let's see, we have 3 scholarships available, and we have Harrellson graduating so that's 4. Off top of my head Teague, Gilchrist, Davis and Wiltjer coming in, there goes those 4. THEN we have Jones and Lamb being one and done (you watch they will be, plus I was told they will ). And I hear Lamb struggles in the classroom anyway. Then Poole will leave (You watch), so now we still have 3 scholarships. Who else do we get? I know of one from overseas they are really looking at (and one they just have their eye on now but i'll touch on him another time but he is a 2012 guy), But are we looking at good players that will actually see the floor? And stay a few years? I am starting to wonder, is this how it will be for now on? About 4 All Americans each year, then people who are just going to sit on the bench, then a few players leave at the end of the year, and the next year the same thing?
February 21, 201115 yr Let's see, we have 3 scholarships available, and we have Harrellson graduating so that's 4. Off top of my head Teague, Gilchrist, Davis and Wiltjer coming in, there goes those 4. THEN we have Jones and Lamb being one and done (you watch they will be, plus I was told they will ). And I hear Lamb struggles in the classroom anyway. Then Poole will leave (You watch), so now we still have 3 scholarships. Who else do we get? I know of one from overseas they are really looking at (and one they just have their eye on now but i'll touch on him another time but he is a 2012 guy), But are we looking at good players that will actually see the floor? And stay a few years? I am starting to wonder, is this how it will be for now on? About 4 All Americans each year, then people who are just going to sit on the bench, then a few players leave at the end of the year, and the next year the same thing? Lamb is leaving? I don't care who else leaves but I want him to stay. Plus I seriously think he needs to. He'll rot on an NBA bench IMO if he doesn't stay and develop.
February 21, 201115 yr Lamb isn't a 1st round pick in the NBA right now. I feel like if Lofton can't get drafted and make the NBA as a four year player, Lamb won't after one.
February 21, 201115 yr I feel like if Lofton can't get drafted and make the NBA as a four year player, Lamb won't after one. As much as I love Lofton, Lamb is a more complete scorer. Has a better mid-range game & can drive. A better overall athlete than Lofton too. But overall, I see your point.
February 21, 201115 yr From what I remember, Lofton wasn't a true PG and he wasn't big enough to play the 2. At least Lamb has a little height. He's listed at 6'4, about 2-3 inches taller than Lofton.
February 21, 201115 yr Anyone have any information on Alex Poythress of Clarksville, TN? He is number 35 on rivals, i've heard UK is recruiting him but they have no offered. He has offers from Vandy, Tennessee, Cincinnati, Flordia, Memphia, Georgia, Miami, Marquette, and a couple others. Any chance UK will offer him?
February 21, 201115 yr Anyone have any information on Alex Poythress of Clarksville, TN? He is number 35 on rivals, i've heard UK is recruiting him but they have no offered. He has offers from Vandy, Tennessee, Cincinnati, Flordia, Memphia, Georgia, Miami, Marquette, and a couple others. Any chance UK will offer him? Solid post player, but still has a lot to work on. From what I'm told he is highly unlikely to leave the state and sounds like Vandy is the leader...
February 21, 201115 yr Solid post player, but still has a lot to work on. From what I'm told he is highly unlikely to leave the state and sounds like Vandy is the leader... Heard Vandy wants him very bad. I have a small connection to him and heard he would like to go to UK because it would be the best place for him to go pro. Would like to see him at UK just because of the connection I have to him but Vandy is a great school as well. Thanks Gametime i enjoy reading your posts and your insight.
February 21, 201115 yr I know this thread is about 2012 so this is off topic, but I just saw a list of the top players in the 2013 class and noticed that #9 was Soloman Poole. Being from Jacksonville FL, I would assume that this is a relative to Stacey Poole? Brother? Cousin? Anyway I figured someone reading this thread would know.
February 21, 201115 yr I know this thread is about 2012 so this is off topic, but I just saw a list of the top players in the 2013 class and noticed that #9 was Soloman Poole. Being from Jacksonville FL, I would assume that this is a relative to Stacey Poole? Brother? Cousin? Anyway I figured someone reading this thread would know. Brother...
February 21, 201115 yr Partially intentional move by Cal? No clue. Don't know a ton about the kid yet...
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.