Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky - 2012 Recruiting

Featured Replies

If Lamb is the most NBA ready player, then all should be returning. Lamb has proven to have some skill on the offensive end and deceptive strength, but he is nowhere near ready to defend the last guy on an NBA bench.

 

:thumb:

 

I don't see Lamb leaving and I don't see him being a first rounder if he does (unless this is a very weak draft).

 

Of course, I would add that NBA-ready doesn't mean that much. It's all about potential, which is why Jones and Knight are the two guys.

  • Replies 549
  • Views 82k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm starting to question Jones at the next level. If he was so athletic he wouldn't get so many shots blocked. Of course, I don't doubt that he'll be gone after this year. Hype is all that matters and I think he's already had enough that it will carry him to the draft.

 

He gets so many shots blocked because he doesn't look to pass it out to the perimeter when the defense collapses down on him. I just don't know how good his "court vision" actually is or if he is just turning his head and trying to do it on his own. I definitely agree with you on the hype. He got all he needed in the first two weeks of the season.

He gets so many shots blocked because he doesn't look to pass it out to the perimeter when the defense collapses down on him. I just don't know how good his "court vision" actually is or if he is just turning his head and trying to do it on his own. I definitely agree with you on the hype. He got all he needed in the first two weeks of the season.

 

His passing is one thing, but he's getting shots blocked because he can't (or won't) take it strong to the rim. He's always trying the finger roll/layup/flip shot. Just dunk the ball and be done with it.

:thumb:

 

I don't see Lamb leaving and I don't see him being a first rounder if he does (unless this is a very weak draft).

 

Of course, I would add that NBA-ready doesn't mean that much. It's all about potential, which is why Jones and Knight are the two guys.

And with his size, I assume Lamb is going to have to play PG in the NBA. Only PG I know he could keep up with defensively would be Derek Fisher. That is not saying much. He has also shown to be very poor handling the ball which is why Knight plays 40 minutes a night.

:thumb:

 

I don't see Lamb leaving and I don't see him being a first rounder if he does (unless this is a very weak draft).

 

Of course, I would add that NBA-ready doesn't mean that much. It's all about potential, which is why Jones and Knight are the two guys.

 

I see Lamb getting drafted at the end of the first round. From what I've read elsewhere, he has the NBA on the mind more than any other UK player--including Jones. I feel certain it's a lock that Jones leaves. Knight and Lamb I'm not sure about--but I'm probably more confident in Knight's return than Lamb's.

  • Author

At this point, I don't think any of them will make even a minimal impact on an NBA team next season. I'm also leaning toward near certainty that Knight and Jones are gone, and I think Lamb has a foot out the door. If he's given any indication that there's a 1st round possibility, he's gone.

UK MustangFan, I agree with what you said mostly but the LA Lakers Scout was looking at our guys when he maid those assumptions and we are the Mecca of College Basketball and any top recruit would at least look our way because of a shot at the NBA! Go Big Blue

  • Author
UK MustangFan, I agree with what you said mostly but the LA Lakers Scout was looking at our guys when he maid those assumptions and we are the Mecca of College Basketball and any top recruit would at least look our way because of a shot at the NBA! Go Big Blue

 

That's just not true. Not all guys want to play for Coach Cal. Sure a ton do, but not all of them.

 

I don't care if it was a Lakers scout that said it. NBA scouts thought Kwame Brown was a #1 pick, they thought Marvin Williams was a top 3 pick, they thought Darko was a better pick than DWade, etc., etc.

Add 5 star G Ricardo Ledo to the mix now. He is now decommited from Providence and Louisville has backed off. His former High school coach says playing for Cal would be great. Most think he is considering Kentucky, Providence and Uconn.

 

I don't care if it was a Lakers scout that said it. NBA scouts thought Kwame Brown was a #1 pick, t.

 

That's probably a very small group and may have just been Jordan.

UKMustangFan, go look at the top prep site and almost all of them list us as at least an option and you don't think Cal and UK has something to do with that! However, I didn't say the LA Lakers Scout was the only authority you said I pulled my opinion out of thin air and I just told you were I got the information! We will disagree to agree but the the end result is we both love the Cats! Go Big Blue!

It's crazy how much Murphy's game seems to resemble Singler's from watching his tapes.

 

Murphy is much, much, much, much more explosive...

^ That's what I said. As much as I hate to say it, everyone knows the comparison comes mostly from skin color. Happens all of the time in sports and it bothers me a bit.

Murphy goes out of his way to dunk on people HARD. Loved him the few times I got to see him last summer...

Murphy goes out of his way to dunk on people HARD. Loved him the few times I got to see him last summer...

 

Is Duke the favorite to land him?

 

Who sticks out in your mind as it relates to the 2012 class?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.