Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky - 2012 Recruiting

Featured Replies

Shabazz is getting tired of the recruiting process? Cal needs to go woo him ASAP.

  • Replies 549
  • Views 82k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shabazz is getting tired of the recruiting process? Cal needs to go woo him ASAP.

 

Some guys seem to think he's a UCLA lean right now. Others are fearful of UNLV, because of some recent hires. Then others say he's UK bound. There are rumors that UNC pulled its scholarship, but they're just rumors.

Andre Drummond apparently has 2 favorites. UConn and Kentucky according to a source from Adam Zagoria. I recently read where Drummond wasn't even considering UK. At this point, I'm assuming UConn is going to land him, but it was worth posting.

Andre Drummond apparently has 2 favorites. UConn and Kentucky according to a source from Adam Zagoria. I recently read where Drummond wasn't even considering UK. At this point, I'm assuming UConn is going to land him, but it was worth posting.

 

I'm assuming the NBA will land him.

Shabazz said today there are no leaders and that his first official visit will be to Lexington.

  • Author

Saw that 10 of the top 30 players in the class are interested in UK....Can't imagine Cal not getting at least 3-4 of the ones he wants if that's the case.

Shabazz said today there are no leaders and that his first official visit will be to Lexington.

 

Still wide open right now and you cannot count Calipari out on anything, especially elite recruits wanting to get into the league. BUT, Bazz is really devoted to Adidas. He has been with them since he was younger and has stayed true to them. He even declined an invite to the Lebron Camp, that is why he is in Indy this week while others are at the Lebron James Skills Academy. UCLA is an Adidas school and keeping him away from there will not be an easy task.

Saw that 10 of the top 30 players in the class are interested in UK....Can't imagine Cal not getting at least 3-4 of the ones he wants if that's the case.

 

 

Right now with no commitments my early prediction is a class that looks like this....

 

Dajuan Coleman

Archie Goodwin

Anthony Bennett/Brandon Ashley

 

 

Then perhaps someone else, maybe a Ricardo Ledo or someone like that.

According to Zags Blog Calipari has turned up the heat and focused his attention on Mitch McGary here over the last week or so. McGary says he is "intrigued" by Kentucky.

 

If Calipari can masterfully land Coleman and McGary I can't see a front court that would even be able to compete, especially if Wiltjer is here for a sophomore campaign. Thats a lot of skill, size, banging ability, and a little bit of everything you would want in a front court right there.

 

 

 

The more this process moves along the more confident I am that Kentucky lands at least one of the trio of Coleman, Drummond, and McGary. Drummond the least likely, long shot really. Still, any team who can get either one is in for a treat. Lot of elite bigs in this class.

Saw that 10 of the top 30 players in the class are interested in UK....Can't imagine Cal not getting at least 3-4 of the ones he wants if that's the case.

 

There also seem to be an unusually low number of commitments from those top players. Only 3 of the top 25 players are committed.

I really like Devonta Pollard. Would be really nice to land him.

Bob Gibbons tweeted that he thinks the first UK verbal for 2012 will be PF Robert Carter from GA.

Right now with no commitments my early prediction is a class that looks like this....

 

Dajuan Coleman

Archie Goodwin

Anthony Bennett/Brandon Ashley

 

 

Then perhaps someone else, maybe a Ricardo Ledo or someone like that.

 

I'd be surprised if Coleman ended up at UK. He is Syracuse to lose IMO.

 

He played high school ball with Brandon Triche and is from that area.

 

Also, Anthony Bennett listed West Va, Cincy, Zona, Oregon, Florida, and Pitt as his final 6 a day or two ago.

 

Not saying UK won't get either because of Cal, but I'd be a little surprised if one or both committed to UK.

 

Goodwin, Ledo, Ellis, McGary, and Asley are all more likely to committ IMO.

 

I think it will be like a domino effect though. Once one commits, several more will jump on board in the days following.

I'd be surprised if Coleman ended up at UK. He is Syracuse to lose IMO.

 

True, but then again all Calipari has to say is DeMarcus Cousins, Fab Melo. Josh Harrellson, Rick Jackson. I mean Calipari can basically say look I took the last man off the bench from the 2010 team and turned him into a draft pick in 2011. Boeheim had a top 5 center come in and he averaged 5 pts a game.

 

Cal uses things like that to his advantage. He may not include Melo wasn't as polished coming in as his ranking suggested but none the less don't think he wouldn't go there.

 

 

 

 

 

As for Bennett its hard to say where he will end up. Since he made a big splash this Spring/Summer, he is just now on a lot of peoples radars. Most kids like this are very interested in Kentucky, Anthony Davis was right away once all the big guys got on him hard. I just had a feeling about him but the way its looking Kentucky may not be in as good as shape as others but can still be a player in the end if they show enough interest I believe. If he keeps bringing his game at this same level with even some progress I think your going to see a lot more teams get after him much harder now that he has made his way onto the elite scene. I think it is still early in his recruitment since a lot of the heavy hitters are just now entering the picture.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.