The Highlands-Boyle County 2011 Season Opener is Looking Great...!

jbwill2

Rarely do Kentucky prep football fans get such a treat in the opening week of a football season, but that's what's in store in 2011. Boyle County will roll into this home game as defending Class 4A state champion and riding a state-best 30-game win streak, while Highlands will enter as defending Class 5A state champion and is the winningest program in KY prep football. Boyle County has won seven state titles and the Bluebirds have captured 20 state titles in football.

Plus, the two programs are 2-2 against each other all-time, have split state title games played against each other 1-1 and will be in the same football class in 4A in 2011.

What a game to look forward to!

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boyle loses nearly the entire team. What does HHS lose? Should still be a good game.

Birds lose a bunch of very good Srs as well but also return some experienced players along with numerous underclassmen coming off undefeated JV and Frosh seasons.

Come on guys' date=' these kids just made a statement last night in Bowling Green. Let's talk 2011 in 2011.:thumb:[/quote']

You should know by now that in these two football communities, the 2011 season starts today, and both will be hard at work for next season long before we ring in the new year. This game will get typed about for the next 9 months on here.

If the Birds/Rebels freshman game was any indication of what's to come the next two years, Highlands will roll both years.

I especially think the Birds roll next year with everything Boyle loses. Highlands will reload the next two years and the current frosh, when seniors, will be something special to watch.

Boyle's 30 game win streak ends in week 0 next year.....

Come on Walter, those freshmen will be sophomores next year and less than 3 of those kids will get major time next year. Please, I hope you and everyone in NKY including the Highlands team thinks this game in week 0 will be like the freshman game was. We will be returning 3 defensive lineman with plenty of experience, our entire secondary, our entire receiving corps, 3 running backs(including leading rusher Devon Cox), one of our tight ends, one linebacker and our entire coaching staff. My concern is solid qb play from our new qb and replacing our entire offensive line. As was mentioned earlier, the 2011 season starts today and those boys know what is needed from them and what is expected from them. I honestly have no worries and I am not scared of Highlands. I expect us to beat Highlands. Both times. They don't scare me. Lexington Catholic scares me.

Come on Walter, those freshmen will be sophomores next year and less than 3 of those kids will get major time next year. Please, I hope you and everyone in NKY including the Highlands team thinks this game in week 0 will be like the freshman game was. We will be returning 3 defensive lineman with plenty of experience, our entire secondary, our entire receiving corps, 3 running backs(including leading rusher Devon Cox), one of our tight ends, one linebacker and our entire coaching staff. My concern is solid qb play from our new qb and replacing our entire offensive line. As was mentioned earlier, the 2011 season starts today and those boys know what is needed from them and what is expected from them. I honestly have no worries and I am not scared of Highlands. I expect us to beat Highlands. Both times. They don't scare me. Lexington Catholic scares me.

Then you are in for a big surprise brother. I was scared this year about the Birds and look what they did.. The next three years HHS is loaded. SIZE and SPEED!! Go Birds 21n11!!

Not that anyone should be scared about a game, but you are scared of the wrong animal if the Knights scare you more than the Birdies.

Not that anyone should be scared about a game, but you are scared of the wrong animal if the Knights scare you more than the Birdies.

The Knights are in our district. We have to beat them in the regular season for home field advantage against them in the playoffs. We have to go through them before we get to you guys in the playoffs so yes, they scare me more than you. IF you guys win in week 0, what do we lose? Absolutely nothing. A little chest puffing on BGP? Please. Big deal. If you need ego stroking for beating us, I'll give it to you now. You guys are the greatest. We will never ever beat you in any sport. :rolleyes::p:isurrender:

I want home field advantage against LexCath in the playoffs. That is what I want.

I think we've found uk#1fan's long lost brother! :cool:

Purple talks loud but he's just saying the confidence every Rebel fan has.

You know as well as anyone Birdsfan that the Rebels respect Highlands so much, that if we were to pull of a "miracle win" it would make it that much sweeter because the Rebs know what they are up against next year. Boyle loses a lot more than HHS but it's why they play the game.