The Highlands-Boyle County 2011 Season Opener is Looking Great...!

jbwill2

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am asking a qestion. They were asked to get a game. They declined. Both schools have the same two weeks open and could schedule either week, so why would they decline. It would be a good game for both teams.

I really don't know. You mentioning this to me is the first I have heard of it. If I had an answer I'd tell you but I honestly have no idea. Me, personally, I'll take on any and all comers but I don't make the schedule. If I had to guess maybe they are worried about travel expenses or maybe they don't want to play them. I honestly don't know because that information hasn't made it to civilian ears. I'll look into it and see what I can find out.

Then why is he coaching and not still putting points on the board?:idunno:

Perhaps you could answer that question yourself with a little research as to what the average length career is for an NFL player? I'll do it for you the average is right around 3.5 years. He was in the league for 4. That has no impact on the game but since you asked I felt obligated to answer. Now though his coaching ability may help Highlands QB that just had a HUGE game in the finals this past weekend. Could be tough for Boyles defense if he continues to grow and improve in the off season. I didn't realize just how big Towles is, he's pretty big for a HS QB especially when you consider his athleticism.

Once again, could you give me some numbers. The only player that stands out in my head is 45.

There were others but I'm not getting into it as it serves no purpose on this thread or otherwise.

My son has finished at HHS but I plan on buying season tickets again if for no other reason than this game.

I couldn't tell you nor will I speculate. If you want to think we are scared then go ahead but it doesn't make sense to schedule Highlands in week 0 and run from Ryle in week 3 or 4.

1 loss you can learn from, 2 losses and people may start asking questions....

Highlands also wasn't fully healthy for that second game against Ryle when they lost by 2 (on missed 2 pt conversion tries). It took Ryle's best team in school history to beat Highlands by a missed 2 pt conversion. Nicely done, sir.

And fwiw, had your team stepped up and played a team like Ryle, we wouldn't be talking about a 30 game win streak heading in to next year. :sssh:

What does Ryle have to do with Boyle Co/Highlands 2011? Nothing.

20 state titles allows you to be just "a little" arrogant.

:laugh: I love it Walter. Last thread didn't teach you to look before you leap? :idunno:

Do we have to go over Boyle's 2010 schedule again for you??

Played and defeated:

Johnson Central (you remember them don't you? :confused:)

Danville (Class AA semi-finalist if memory serves)

Corbin (Class AA semi-finalist again, if memory serves)

Lafayette (Class 6A Regionals)

Christian County (Class 5A Finalist who got smoked by HHS but did defeat Bowling Green, Warren Central & John Hardin along the way)

Out of 10 Regular Season games, 9 had winning records.

As to the District; the Rebs District won every playoff game against outside competition in the playoffs. A lot better performance than the NKY 4A district had. :D

Now as to Ryle. They had an excellent team this year. They only lost to HHS and Trinity. Solid schedule too. They played Trinity closer than anyone did in the playoffs.

As to Boyle's scheduling: Everyone's schedule was made over 2 years ago, you do know that don't you? Why should Boyle "step up" (your words) and schedule Ryle? They aren't geographically close to them like HHS is. They aren't class rivals. It makes no sense. Why didn't Ryle call Boyle? Because there was nothing to gain by either. Everyone's schedule is designed to get them ready for a run at a title. Looks like Boyle's has worked these last 2 years rather well. :banana:

1 loss you can learn from, 2 losses and people may start asking questions....

Asking questions like what? I would think that we would benefit from both games win or lose. I also thought I said I care more about the LexCath game than the Highlands game or the would be Ryle game. Like I said if you guys want to turn it into a Boyle is running from Ryle situation that's cool. This is the first I have heard of it. If we have 2 losses and people start asking questions they can catch the wind that the fair-weather brings them on the way out of the door as far as I am concerned. Or if they are outsiders doubting the validity of our program because we lose to Highlands or Ryle or both then they can kiss the rings. We don't have to prove anything to any of you. Two losses on two different Fridays in 2011 will not erase the blood, sweat, tears and years these boys have put into building the Boyle County program into what it is today.

Perhaps you could answer that question yourself with a little research as to what the average length career is for an NFL player? I'll do it for you the average is right around 3.5 years. He was in the league for 4. That has no impact on the game but since you asked I felt obligated to answer. Now though his coaching ability may help Highlands QB that just had a HUGE game in the finals this past weekend. Could be tough for Boyles defense if he continues to grow and improve in the off season. I didn't realize just how big Towles is, he's pretty big for a HS QB especially when you consider his athleticism.

I look forward to watching him play. Being able to see Towles and Bolin next year does have me excited.

As far as Boyle County, I understand that they have weeks three and four open on the listserve and were contacted by Ryle to play, who has the same weeks open for next year. Boyle declined. I wonder why?

That's the first I've heard of that.

As to next year's schedule here's what I know:

Allen County-Scottsville

John Hardin

Highlands

Danville (Crosstown Rival)

Christian County (I believe that one is confirmed and renewed I think)

(4 District games that are set: Marion, Taylor, Lex Cath, Mercer)

As to why, why should they? What would they gain by playing Ryle that they don't gain from the rest of the schedule? :idunno: