The Highlands-Boyle County 2011 Season Opener is Looking Great...!

jbwill2

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doing a fine job.:D:thumb: Hopefully, between the Highlands and BC fans (and others), we can make this the longest running football thread in BGP history.:banana:

:DNot gonna lie, I think the prediction of 5 pages by the time this game is closer is a little unrealistic. I think it'll be more like 10+

:DNot gonna lie, I think the prediction of 5 pages by the time this game is closer is a little unrealistic. I think it'll be more like 10+

10+ maybe by next week. Before the kickoff, it could be 100+ pages. 1 page is almost already down in 12 hours.

Yea I can agree on the Birds being 2 TD favorites as well.

You're right, I forgot where Boyle County is located, the refs probably will be an asset for Boyle County..... For the record I won't be at this game, I'm not a Highlands fan, but I do enjoy listening to every one hate on them.

Huh?

In '11 if the Birds finish 1st in their district, I believe Highlands will have home field for the playoffs. It's possible that Boyle will play a playoff game against Highlands at Highlands.

Henry -- better check w/ someone knowledgeable :) From the research I have been able to come up with, I think under the new alignment HHS moves from an "all or nothing" school (either both Rd 3 & 4 at home OR both away) like it has been for several years to a "1 each" school (if Rd 3 is home, Rd 4 is away & vice versa) in 2011.

In 2010, HHS was District 5 and I'm pretty sure that means Region 3. (assuming Districts 5 & 6 comprise Region 3). As such, since both District and Region were odd #s, HHS traveled in Round 3 since both JC and HHS were #1 seeds and in Round 4 regardless of seed (odd travels in even years, even travels in odd years).

In 2011, HHS is District 7 which I'm pretty sure means Region 4 (assuming Districts 7 & 8 comprise Region 4). As such, HHS would host same seeds in Round 3, but travel in Round 4 due to even # Region.

CLASS 4A

District 1 - Calloway County, Hopkins County Central, Lone Oak, Madisonville-North Hopkins, Owensboro

District 2 - Allen County-Scottsville, Breckinridge County, Franklin-Simpson, Warren East

District 3 - Atherton, Collins, North Oldham, Spencer County, Waggener

District 4 – Doss, Fairdale, Moore, Valley, Western

District 5 - Boyle County, Lexington Catholic, Marion County, Mercer County, Taylor County

District 6 - Clay County, Knox Central, Rockcastle County, Russell County

District 7 - Covington Catholic, Harrison County, Highlands, Holmes, Pendleton County

District 8 - Ashland Blazer, Boyd County, Greenup County, Johnson Central, Rowan County

If I am wrong, someone please correct me. After travelling to Paintsville, Harlan and Bowling Green for the past 3 weekends, I would love to be wrong and be home for any playoff games next year if earning a #1 district seed.

Yeah, but we'll have to beat LexCath before we'd have to meet Highlands in the playoffs. I would think the Boyle or LexCath/Highlands game would be the State Semis if I am not mistaken. We would need to defeat LexCath for the Region Championship.

Lexington Catholic is going to raise some eyebrows this season. I'm in no way saying they are better than Highlands, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them Knights make some noise. Also, like you said, we need to defeat them guys for the Region Championship. So for that reason, I couldn't agree with you more.

Also, why would anyone bring up the freshman game from this past season? Like you said in a different post, only a few players from that team will get a little bit of playing time. I'm not sure about Highlands soon-to-be sophomores.

As for the game. Boyle County has ALOT of work to do before the Highlands game. The Rebels have to replace some key players but they also return some key players.

Question to the Highland's fans: How many starters do they lose off this season's team? Or was that already posted?

Come on Walter, those freshmen will be sophomores next year and less than 3 of those kids will get major time next year. Please, I hope you and everyone in NKY including the Highlands team thinks this game in week 0 will be like the freshman game was. We will be returning 3 defensive lineman with plenty of experience, our entire secondary, our entire receiving corps, 3 running backs(including leading rusher Devon Cox), one of our tight ends, one linebacker and our entire coaching staff. My concern is solid qb play from our new qb and replacing our entire offensive line. As was mentioned earlier, the 2011 season starts today and those boys know what is needed from them and what is expected from them. I honestly have no worries and I am not scared of Highlands. I expect us to beat Highlands. Both times. They don't scare me. Lexington Catholic scares me.

Birds return the following juniors that either started or saw a lot of time this year: Qb Pat Towles (2418 yds passing, over 850 yds rushing), WR Austin Sheehan, RB Jake True, DB Drake Bruns, DL Devin Bruns, LB Josh Quillen, DB Carter New, LB Luke Dressman, and TE Ian McGurn. Oh..they also return two o-line starters in Austin Trapp and Aaron Robinson, as well as Jason Waldenmeyer who saw a lot of time as a back up.

Add a deep and talented junior to be class of: WR Jac Collinsworth, Qb/DB Donovan McCoy, WR David Christian, DB Colin Seidl, DB Quentin Murray, RB Ben Streeter, and Ryan Donovan.

In the frosh/soph to be class, well you should already know that group is absolutely loaded with Harris, Hayes, and Wrobleski to name a few.

Highlands will be very deep next year and that's why I don't see Boyle Co staying within 2 td's of the Birds.

They'll return over 4,000 yards of offense on next years' team. The defense will be flat out nasty with the speed they'll have out there.

Lexington Catholic is going to raise some eyebrows this season. I'm in no way saying they are better than Highlands, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them Knights make some noise. Also, like you said, we need to defeat them guys for the Region Championship. So for that reason, I couldn't agree with you more.

Also, why would anyone bring up the freshman game from this past season? Like you said in a different post, only a few players from that team will get a little bit of playing time. I'm not sure about Highlands soon-to-be sophomores.

Highlands has been known to start sophomores , and sometimes in key positions . One thing about Dale , if your good enough , you will start regardless of which grade your in . With all the talent in the junior and senior class , I don't know how many sophomores will start , but they will get lots of playing time. (On the job training ! )

Edited by Birdsfan

Birds return the following juniors that either started or saw a lot of time this year: Qb Pat Towles (2418 yds passing, over 850 yds rushing), WR Austin Sheehan, RB Jake True, DB Drake Bruns, DL Devin Bruns, LB Josh Quillen, DB Carter New, LB Luke Dressman, and TE Ian McGurn. Oh..they also return two o-line starters in Austin Trapp and Aaron Robinson, as well as Jason Waldenmeyer who saw a lot of time as a back up.

Add a deep and talented junior to be class of: WR Jac Collinsworth, Qb/DB Donovan McCoy, WR David Christian, DB Colin Seidl, DB Quentin Murray, RB Ben Streeter, and Ryan Donovan.

In the frosh/soph to be class, well you should already know that group is absolutely loaded with Harris, Hayes, and Wrobleski to name a few.

Highlands will be very deep next year and that's why I don't see Boyle Co staying within 2 td's of the Birds.

They'll return over 4,000 yards of offense on next years' team. The defense will be flat out nasty with the speed they'll have out there.

Excellent.:thumb:

Wait........didn't you pick Highlands to beat Ryle by the score of 33-20 when they met the second time? :confused:

Yep. Your 2td prediction in December means a whole lot to me now.:rolleyes: