Raceland Rams 2011 Schedule

sidelinedoc

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a fairly tough path for next season. I commend you on playing tough competition. I'm sure all the whining about the schedule and those who would/wouldn't play made all the difference in the world. Thanks again BGP!!:lol:

We are just arrogant enough to think we did something to alter the process.:cool:

Looks like a tough schedule, especially when you factor in five away games, in a row!!!

That is what first stood out to me as well, that coupled with the teams that we are playing will be very tough. That is a good thing :thumb:.

I love it. A good upgrade and some nice competition. Roadwarriors. Bring it on.

RoadWarriors??? We had better go back to the "Ramblers" rather than "Rams". This team will have to send postcards back home.

Wonder if anyone else in our District will play this tough of a schedule? Biguglys wants to brag about all their wins and wants respect but that will come when they play something like we do. You don't ask or demand respect, you earn it. JMO.
Oh No You Did.....n't ! :popcorn::lol:

Actually fairview has had better sucess in the last 10 years. I will give them credit. They currently will have had 4 straight winning seasons and from 2000 thru 2009 they had won 64 games. That averages out to about 6.5 wins a season. Mainly that high bc of the previous 2 seasons where they won 8 games in each and in 2002-2004 where they had the Huntington transfer C. Jennings and a couple of others that transferred from Russell and they won 27 games.

So Fairview has averaged 6.5 wins per year from 2000-2009. That (6 wins per season) is not a good record at all at some places like Ashland,LCA, Russell and Raceland (and we had a few bad seasons during the early 2000's) but for Fairview it is outstanding. Especially considering all of their previous history since they started playing footbal around 1970/71 or so thru 1999. I think Fairview has beaten Raceland around 8 to 10 times in the history of the 40 years or so series, I'm not sure. I believe Raceland won around 16 years in a row over Fairview (from the early/mid 80's thru the late 90's I believe).

So, bottom line is that it is true that Fairview has improved since the year 2000. and should be commended for that :thumb: Now, who they have played through most of those seasons may have something to do with it but their schedule is their choice and I am not going through that again :lol:

That's a fairly tough path for next season. I commend you on playing tough competition. I'm sure all the whining about the schedule and those who would/wouldn't play made all the difference in the world. Thanks again BGP!!:lol:

BTW Doc, I like the Thunder Chicken avatar......Great pic.

Wonder if anyone else in our District will play this tough of a schedule? Biguglys wants to brag about all their wins and wants respect but that will come when they play something like we do. You don't ask or demand respect, you earn it. JMO.

I agree doc. Where Biguglys anyway, I figured he would chime in on this one. Raceland plays as touch a schedule as possible to mimic the post season. Big games are not just for the playoffs, big games prepare you for the playoffs.

They very well could have, that time I seen was a while back. I still doubt they are a powerhouse.

I'm not sure how strong they will be. Raceland tried to schedule some stronger Kentucky teams, but many have a travel restriction and could not play, including some Northern-Kentucky teams. But, I look forward to Kentucky putting up a W on an Ohio team.