Boise State to be #1? NO WAY I say.

titletownclown

I found this article talking about how little scrutiny there is on the actual formulas that determine the BCS rankings.

This line made me laugh.

Wait, what? A computer that helps determine who plays for the national title inputs data from the same web site with message-board comments from BamaFaShizzle and ToomersBound?

http://mobile.al.com/advbirm/db_/contentdetail.htm;jsessionid=2D544E6F5C2482716E99ABF9B13A2B31?contentguid=grDjnRxW&full=true#display

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one who not only likes Boise, but hopes they make it to the national title game and win?

With upcoming games against such power-houses as Louisiana Tech, Hawaii, Idaho, Fresno State, and Utah State, I guess we'll just have to refer to them as "giant killers" if they run the table.

Don't hate Boise, hate the system. I hope Boise plays TCU in the title game. Blow the BCS to bits, IMO.

Oregon should be number 1, but Boise having the BCS #1 ranking is fine by me. They win the formula game right now and deserve to be #1 according to how the system is set up. They pass the eye test, too, IMO.

Boise has been deserving for a long time. I hope this is the year they finally get their due diligence. They are well deserving. I have honestly thought they could win a one game series over anybody for a long time. I cannot believe Petersen has not been hired away. One of the great offensive minds I have seen in a very long time. Love the guy.

Anyone else hoping for two of the following 4 teams to play for the BCS Title?: Oregon, Boise, Auburn, Oklahoma. I don't much care which two teams it is, but any combination of those 4 and we're going to have a shootout of epic proportions IMO. Boise has a good defense but I don't know if they have the horses to slow down one of the other 3 teams. Auburn, Oregon, and Oklahoma play the 3 fastest paces in college football. Just give me two of those 4 and I don't care.

Anyone else hoping for two of the following 4 teams to play for the BCS Title?: Oregon, Boise, Auburn, Oklahoma. I don't much care which two teams it is, but any combination of those 4 and we're going to have a shootout of epic proportions IMO. Boise has a good defense but I don't know if they have the horses to slow down one of the other 3 teams. Auburn, Oregon, and Oklahoma play the 3 fastest paces in college football. Just give me two of those 4 and I don't care.

Almost, I would hate to see Oregon against Oklahoma, I'd watch it, but it's not what I want to see.

I don't think you will see a playoff system any time soon. The bowls generate too much revenue and a playoff system would kill the bowl system. IMO - the best we can hope for is a four school playoff. I think you could work that into the bowl system without destroying the bowls. You could put two teams into the semi finals in two of the big bowls and then have another of the big bowls host the title game the week after New Year's. That isn't too far from what they are doing now.

But as to Boise State and I will include TCU also, here is some food for thought. Coming into this weekend, Ohio State, Oregon, Boise State and TCU all had 3 ranked teams on their schedule. Nebraska has not played a ranked team yet and only has 2 currently ranked teams on their schedule. Drop the historical presumptions and just think about that. Boise State has proven themselves over the past few years and this year. If they qualify under the BCS formula, to say they don't belong there is your own prejudice at work.

Don't hate Boise, hate the system. I hope Boise plays TCU in the title game. Blow the BCS to bits, IMO.

Oregon should be number 1, but Boise having the BCS #1 ranking is fine by me. They win the formula game right now and deserve to be #1 according to how the system is set up. They pass the eye test, too, IMO.

Agree hope that Boise and TCU play in title game. They maybe two best teams but what is needed is an 8 or 16 team playoff. You could use existing bowls to handle these games and rotate championship game between major bowls each year. The BCS is a terrible system and needs to be replaced.

A team ranked in the pre-season at #3 in the country & remains undefeated halfway through the season can't be a justified BCS title game contender?

Shows how silly the system is, doesn't it?

Let's take away the rankings that were assigned.

I challenge you to lay out the argument for them.