Boise State to be #1? NO WAY I say.

titletownclown

Boise has been deserving for a long time. I hope this is the year they finally get their due diligence. They are well deserving. I have honestly thought they could win a one game series over anybody for a long time. I cannot believe Petersen has not been hired away. One of the great offensive minds I have seen in a very long time. Love the guy.

That's the problem I have with the Boise supporters. They "can win a one-game series over anybody..."

There are a lot of teams that can make that claim.

IMO your body of work has to support your chance to get that one-game chance.

Boise's doesnt.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the problem I have with the Boise supporters. They "can win a one-game series over anybody..."

There are a lot of teams that can make that claim.

IMO your body of work has to support your chance to get that one-game chance.

Boise's doesnt.

Their schedule is as good as anyone in the Big LEast, and they are as good as anyone in the Big 10.....and I'm a PSU fan first, SEC fan 2nd.

Take away the names and historical whatever, as someone mentioned above, and if you can look at me and say that Boise St. is NOT as good as anyone in the nation outside 1-2 teams in the SEC, then you have lost all credibility about college football this year.

Boise St. is as deserving to play in the title game this year if they win out as O$U has the past few times they played in it.

People are hating on Boise St. because it is knocking one of their beloved, non-SEC schools, take away the names on the front of the jersey, schedule is just as easy, teams out of the title game.......get over it.

Their schedule is as good as anyone in the Big LEast, and they are as good as anyone in the Big 10.....and I'm a PSU fan first, SEC fan 2nd.

Take away the names and historical whatever, as someone mentioned above, and if you can look at me and say that Boise St. is NOT as good as anyone in the nation outside 1-2 teams in the SEC, then you have lost all credibility about sports on this board.

Boise St. is as deserving to play in the title game this year if they win out as O$U has the past few times they played in it.

Let them play. If you don't think they deserve a chance then "race", in a sense, is the factor. :sssh: They've played two ranked teams this year, which is better than previous years. Give them a chance.

Take away the names and historical whatever, as someone mentioned above, and if you can look at me and say that Boise St. is NOT as good as anyone in the nation outside 1-2 teams in the SEC, then you have lost all credibility about sports on this board.

Like most of us, I have a full-time gig outside of BGP so I don't have time to break down tape of every top 20 team in the country. So what I do is base it on a relative measure. I look at their body of work - who have they played - when did they play them - where did they play them - how good is their conference - total body of work.

I'll ask you like I asked others - lay out the case and don't give me the "they're as good as anyone else" crap. Prove it. I've listed their schedule. Back up your claim that they DESERVE to be in the game.

The fact that the NCAA keeps licensing new bowl games every year, shows their interest in a play-off system. It's not going to happen. Controversy is a good thing. College football has never been as popular, as it is now.

Personally, I'd love to see Boise make the Championship game. The prediction threads would be great!

Like most of us, I have a full-time gig outside of BGP so I don't have time to break down tape of every top 20 team in the country. So what I do is base it on a relative measure. I look at their body of work - who have they played - when did they play them - where did they play them - how good is their conference - total body of work.

I'll ask you like I asked others - lay out the case and don't give me the "they're as good as anyone else" crap. Prove it. I've listed their schedule. Back up your claim that they DESERVE to be in the game.

I will if they make it.

Right now it doesn't matter, but dismissing them this early is just crazy talk.

The BCS is likely a few years away from being abolished. The new "playoff system" will take the champions of the 4 major conferences, all of which will now have Conference championships. The Big 10, SEC, Big 12 & Pac 10. Each champion will somehow be inserted into a bracket, and there will be a 2 game, 4 team playoff to determine who the national champion is.

That allows the bowl games to continue & appeases many fans who are clamoring for a playoff system. Also, it won't drag out the season too much longer & force the NCAA to make students miss even additional class time.

Shows how silly the system is, doesn't it?

Let's take away the rankings that were assigned.

I challenge you to lay out the argument for them.

Obviously, the majority of coaches & sports writers look at Boise State and believe them to be the third best team in the country. That is my argument. To take that out of the equation is a ludicrous notion.

The BCS is likely a few years away from being abolished. The new "playoff system" will take the champions of the 4 major conferences, all of which will now have Conference championships. The Big 10, SEC, Big 12 & Pac 10. Each champion will somehow be inserted into a bracket, and there will be a 2 game, 4 team playoff to determine who the national champion is.

You may WANT to see it, but the ACC and Big East aren't going anywhere in the power structure. Too much money and exposure on the east coast for that to happen...

I will if they make it.

Right now it doesn't matter, but dismissing them this early is just crazy talk.

Read post 7. I said it was too early.

However, your only hope to justify them is if a few teams have 2 or more losses. Otherwise, they're going to lose the argument based on their weak schedule.

Obviously, the majority of coaches & sports writers look at Boise State and believe them to be the third best team in the country. That is my argument. To take that out of the equation is a ludicrous notion.

The coaches also had VaTech #9 when the season started. So?