Boise State to be #1? NO WAY I say.

titletownclown

No they don't. Would Toledo deserve the chance to play for the title if they went undefeated?

Boise plays a schedule that would allow UK to have a very realistic chance at going undefeated year in, year out. That garbage scheduling doesn't merit a chance to play for the title.

You probably didn't appreciate what Butler did in the NCAA last year either.......they beat West Virginia, who beat your beloved UK Wildcats. So Butler lasted two games longer playing their crappy schedule too. Right? You are a big conference elitist. And UK would go about .600 playing Boise State's schedule.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You probably didn't appreciate what Butler did in the NCAA last year either.......they beat West Virginia, who beat your beloved UK Wildcats. So Butler lasted two games longer playing their crappy schedule too. Right? You are a big conference elitist. And UK would go about .600 playing Boise State's schedule.

Butler didn't beat West Virginia...

In a one game scenario, sure I would like Boise State's chances. Which is why I believe the current system gives them the best chance of winning a title, whether they publicly admit it or not. But if you ask any coach in college football if they would trade Alabma's talent, player-for-player, with Boise State, they would laugh at you. The "gap" between Boise State and the teams you listed can be overcome with hard work and determination in a given game, but ultimately talent and depth will prevail over the course of a season. To me it makes the debate interesting as to who is more deserving.

To clarify, I am not saying it is fair. But it is the reality of the situation and what we have to work with.

That's what absolutely kills me about people that stick up for Boise. Boise's only legitimate shot at a title is the current system. They'd get mopped if they had to win 3 straight games against big conference schools in a playoff. Their best chance is just like this year. Schedule teams like VT and Oregon St so you can act like you tried and hope all of the big boys go down. When was the last time VT was a legitimate title threat? I'm pretty sure South Carolina would beat Boise 7 out of 10 times and South Carolina isn't that great. If Boise really is serious about playing anyone anywhere quit asking Nebraska for $ and play them.

The absolute worst UK does with Boise's schedule is 10-2. Your letting your hatrad for UK cloud your judgement.

Also, quit using basketball to back up your argument, apples and buicks my friend.

That's what absolutely kills me about people that stick up for Boise. Boise's only legitimate shot at a title is the current system. They'd get mopped if they had to win 3 straight games against big conference schools in a playoff. Their best chance is just like this year. Schedule teams like VT and Oregon St so you can act like you tried and hope all of the big boys go down. When was the last time VT was a legitimate title threat? I'm pretty sure South Carolina would beat Boise 7 out of 10 times and South Carolina isn't that great. If Boise really is serious about playing anyone anywhere quit asking Nebraska for $ and play them.
Then let's have a playoff and settle everything on the field.

Also consider this, though ... if Boise State played in the SEC or the Pac-10, they would probably put more talent on the field on the basis of conference affiliation helping their recruiting.

The absolute worst UK does with Boise's schedule is 10-2. Your letting your hatrad for UK cloud your judgement.

Also, quit using basketball to back up your argument, apples and buicks my friend.

Completely disagree with you. Sorry Boise State is a little far away to be in the SEC.

They are doing what the system asks of them. You want to penalize them for that.

No they didn't. Duke beat West Virginia.

And comparing Butler's basketball schedule to Boise's football schedule is apples and oranges. Butler played a very tough schedule.

No they didn't. Duke beat West Virginia.

And comparing Butler's basketball schedule to Boise's football schedule is apples and oranges. Butler played a very tough schedule.

And what were the Bulldogs seeded going into the tourney?? They overacheived and beat "better program from better conferences." They were in the championship game not the team with the first round draft picks.

In football, if there is no playoff, how do you know who beats whom?. I am certain you thought the Sooners would blow them out two years ago in the bowl game.

And you want to reward them for playing a bunch of laughable programs....

Yeah I would reward them for remaining unbeaten. Mighty Alabama lost. Sorry SEC fans. That was a major upset of the great coach Saban and Heisman winner Ingram. The next week the Gamecocks fell to lowly Kentucky.

And what were the Bulldogs seeded going into the tourney?? They overacheived and beat "better program from better conferences." They were in the championship game not the team with the first round draft picks.

In football, if there is no playoff, how do you know who beats whom?. I am certain you thought the Sooners would blow them out two years ago in the bowl game.

Are you kidding me. Now your saying the SEC is a better basketball conference then the Big East. You are quickly losing credibility.

Completely disagree with you. Sorry Boise State is a little far away to be in the SEC.

They are doing what the system asks of them. You want to penalize them for that.

I don't want to penalize them for anything. But I'm sure not going to reward them for playing what amounts to a middle school schedule. I would say 75% of the teams in the Big 4 BCS conferences would have a real chance of going undefeated against Boise's schedule. I would say 50% of them would go undefeated.

Yeah I would reward them for remaining unbeaten. Mighty Alabama lost. Sorry SEC fans. That was a major upset of the great coach Saban and Heisman winner Ingram. The next week the Gamecocks fell to lowly Kentucky.

Even though they play a schedule that includes a bunch of high school level talent?

And please, will you answer my question....If Toledo would go undefeated against the mighty MAC would you think they deserved a shot at the title?

The funny thing is, even if there was a playoff system in place, it would be more of a hinderance for schools like Boise and TCU....Yeah, they may win the first game they play when they have a month or so to prepare, but once they have to turn around the next week and play another big time school, they'd get it handed to them.

I don't want to penalize them for anything. But I'm sure not going to reward them for playing what amounts to a middle school schedule. I would say 75% of the teams in the Big 4 BCS conferences would have a real chance of going undefeated against Boise's schedule. I would say 50% of them would go undefeated.

:thumb:

Va Tech is bad this year, Oregon State is average, Nevada is a nice little team. Outside of those 3 games, a team like Vandy would win every other game on that schedule and be favored in doing so...