John Hardin 2009 vs. John Hardin 2010

theguru

At this point in the season, they are not as good as last year. They lost QB Dingle, who was a 3 year starter and a real leader on the field. This is QB Mitchell's first year, and he is going through some growing pains. He showed great improvement last night and has things going in the right direction, but Dingle is hard to replace. The o-line is really struggling this year and are missing too many blocks. The guards must be disciplined when pulling and find someone to hit. The RBs are better this year (I think). Savoy is back and is having a great year, and this year they moved Jeremy Harness to the backfield from WR. He is very, very good. The defensive line this year really dominates, but last year's LBs were better.

Overall, this year John has a good team but has a ways to go before overtaking last year's team. As for beating Highlands, not right now but there are several weeks of improvement that can be made until they will find out.

This is a really young Bulldog team. There still breaking in a new QB. In my opinion the running game seems to be better this year than last years. The defense is getting better each week, but over all I'll have to say no there not as good as the 2009 team. They do have the potential to be better though, but that will come with time. If John can get there passing game on track and keep it that way then yes they would have a good chance to compete with this years Bluebirds. Others may think different but thats just my opinion. John still has to make it past the Purples in order to get crack at the Bluebirds.

BG always has a say. Let's hope there are more than two teams with a legitimate shot out of the west. That being said, glad to see JH's quarterback throw for 225 last Friday vs. Nelson Co. Very atypical considering he went 0-4 the week prior. Shot at the bluebirds??? Ha! :lol:That'll never happen, no matter how much they progress throughout the year. There's really no point to the thread....nobody's beatin Highlands.:cry:

Highlands is beatable...They certainly aren't going to be easy to beat and any other 5a team will have to play error free and be on there A game or get a couple of breaks/turnovers, but, it's not like they're unbeatable...I say the same with Trinity and X, but, to a lesser degree... Those 2 have major, major built in advantages that noone else in the state has, but, on a given night, stranger things have happened... It would be an upset if someone else knocked Highlands off in 5a, but, not to the degree of a T or X knockoff...

Highlands is beatable...They certainly aren't going to be easy to beat and any other 5a team will have to play error free and be on there A game or get a couple of breaks/turnovers, but, it's not like they're unbeatable...

Well said! I don't think anyone would have thought that then-5A Bryan Station would have Highlands on the ropes with less than a minute to go in a first-round playoff game at HHS, but that's exactly what happened in 2008.

That's why they play the games!

I think the entire region is a bit down this year, which could make for some exciting early round playoff action. It's all up to the teams to show that they can evolve from very good to legit contenders... Anderson just took it on the chin against a very good 3A team, Henry County...Oldham County has been beat by three good 6A teams....Jeffersontown is improving, but looking for a signature win... Doss continues to be a bundle of unrealized potential... South Oldham may be the sleeper that nobody respects and somebody pays for...

And then there's JH. The Bulldogs don't appear to be playing as well as last year's machine, but - they're kings of the region until someone knocks them off. that was a nice win Friday against a very good 6A Nelson County team. The main contender has been Oldham County for the past two years, but the Colonels haven't been able to take that final step and knock off the 'Dogs. Right now, it looks like another Colonel - Bulldog regional final - but I think this year, there's a lot more opportunities for one or both to take a mis-step along the way to the rematch...

Don't blink, folks - there's no annointing the region champ just yet...

John Hardin would have to be the favorite to come out of Region II, although Oldham County might have a say in that. The big advantage the Region II team will have is hosting the state semifinal game. I still think Bowling Green would be too strong for either John Hardin or Oldham, although it would be a nice game.

As for which John Hardin team was better, it seems like 2009's team is better. They just happened to meet an outstanding Highlands team in the final. This year's team maybe isn't quite that good, but then some say Highlands isn't quite that good either. My guess is that John Hardin will be considered the third best team in 5A when this season is finished.

Alot of true statements here. You have to remember alot of the starters this years are juniors so this year is probably more of a learning year for the Bulldogs. Im going to be honest I don't see John making it back to state this year, but next year things will look alot brighter. Just an opinion by the way.