Highlands 29 Ryle 14

I had a hamburger at around 7:00 and it was second only to Mary Gruber's Grill at CovCath. Then I talk it up to Coach Hilvert from Thomas More and at half time he tells me they ran out. I'd say it was a huge crowd.

I had two and they gave me one with two bottom halves of the bun. I didnt care, they were very good. They could have sold 500 of them.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 fumbled the opening 2nd drive not 34.....The game was over when Ryle punted the ball on 3rd down early in the 3rd. Can't really say I have seen a team quit so quickly when that happened!!!

I couldn't believe they did that???

Play(s) of the game were the TD at the end of the first half by Highlands to cut it to 1 and the fumble on the first posession of the 2nd half. Huge momentum shift. Would have been a lot better game and really, really interesting if Ryle had not had 3 turnovers in the 2nd half.

How many turn overs did Highlands have in the second half?

18 fumbled the opening 2nd drive not 34.....The game was over when Ryle punted the ball on 3rd down early in the 3rd. Can't really say I have seen a team quit so quickly when that happened!!!

I like I said months ago Ryle is over hyped.

I like I said months ago Ryle is over hyped.

Nah, they are a very solid team. They just lack a big target and their receivers were having a hard time tonight. Hempel is a very good QB and Elliot is a stud. They ahve a very nice offensive line with some very nice size. Their defense looked pretty solid at times, they did give up a big play or two but Highlands for the most part got some scores off short fields.

I think its between SK and Ryle for Class 6A supremecy in NKY.

Defense Defense Defense. Superb defensive game for the Birds. Shut down Elliott and pressured Hempel. Textbook. Good licks on both sides of the ball. Emotions ran high a DCMS. Fans even throwing objects on the field. Warner animated as always at halftime. Towles looked shaky tonight. Nerves, but settled in and salvaged the 1st half. Game could've gone anyway tonight. Offense looks anything but a sure thing in the Red Zone. Running game sputtered at times. Towles forcing a couple trying to make something happen. 1st real test of the Birds tonight. almost a carbon copy of last year's JC game although Ryle didn't gas out as bad as JC. Tonight was a preview of a future matchup in Eagleland. Towles passing saved their hides on more than a couple series. Alot of 3rd and longs for the Birds. He did overshoot a wide open receiver early that would've given them breathing room in the 1st half. Offense C+ Defense A+

Does anyone know what happened in the 3rd quarter, when Ryle's offense was called for a penalty -- but nothing happened? It was a 3rd down pass, which fell incomplete, but Ryle was called for a penalty. The ref placed the ball right where it started, but they kept it marked as 3rd down. If HHS would have taken the play, it should have been 4th down. It there was a penalty, it would have been marked off. Everyone on our side of the field was livid, but the play stood. Only thing we could guess was that it was called "no play." After the next play went no where, I think Ryle did their quick-kick punt.

I couldn't believe it either since they converted a 3rd and 20 earlier in the game. Thet did get to play the third down over again due to the HHS penalty but the Birds picked the pass. I was very suprised HHS decided to throw the ball (Towles 3rd pick), they pretty much had the game in the bag at that point, and were fortunate the Raiders turned it right back over. I heard many HHS fans talking about the lack of an intermediate passing game, seems like it's either a dump off or a bomb. I have to say the Towles TD pass to end the half was a nice ball.