Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the Reds (2nd Half, Week 7, Part 2)

Featured Replies

Reds started the West Coast trip 1 game ahead of the Cards & are now 3.5 ahead.

  • Replies 1k
  • Views 80.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about my boy, Janish, today? Some big knocks today. If not for Paul in the 9th, Joey doesn't get a chance to win it in the 12th. Can I get some love for Pauly?

Come on Crash. You're smarter than that, and you know me better than that. No, Masset can't pitch everyday, but he had only pitched 2/3 of an inning the whole series. The Reds are off tomorrow, and there was no reason not to have him out there on the mound to start the 8th inning. If any had been over used, it was Ondrusek. I guess you're going to defend pinch hitting Leake with a runner on 2nd and 2 outs instead of using Nix, Cairo, Bruce or Hernandez. How about not bunting Bruce in the 12th inning against Zito after Janish started the inning with a hit. Was it Dusty's fault that Bailey couldn't hold a 10-1 lead? NO!! It is the manager's job though to put your team in the best position to win a ballgame, and Dusty didn't do that today. As far as being happy. The Reds have a 3.5 game lead with 35 games to go. I'm beyond ecstatic.

 

I have been saying this all year and guys on here have been crucifying me for it and defending the "toothpick" to the end. Bottom line is Dusty does a lousy job of making the split second decisions. Regardless of that I am VERY happy with the 6-3 road trip. They exceeded my expectations based on their West coast history. This team has shown great resiliency and does show a great no quit attitude. I do have major concerns with the recent pitching performances of the young guns and quite honestly don't know what to think going into September. They really do not have any veterans other than Bronson that they can turn to with any experience and I think their failure to get Cliff Lee will come back to bite them down the road. Can we be happy with the season play as a whole, YES? Will we be happy that they will probably fail in the playoffs, NO?

Votto is the man. There is a very short list of guys on this planet that have the ability to go to the opposite field like he does (Howard, Pujols...) It seems like they miss hit a pop up and it just keeps flying. The Reds pitching staff is also limping badly to the finish line right now(besides Arroyo). They really need a few good starts out of some guys because they just can't keep out slugging people.

Up 10-1 and used multiple pitchers prior to giving up the lead. Everyone is harping on Ondrusek and he was taken out with a 2 run lead that Rhodes couldn't hold. I guess it was a bad decision to bring a guy in with a 1.84 ERA. That most certainly is a position to win the game.

 

As for Leake, I don't know what he was doing.

There's another thread about the possibility of the Reds picking up Manny.

 

With Manny in LF, does that ball that Heisey made the sliding catch on drop in? Or can we safely asume that Dusty has a defensive replacement in the game in the bottom of the 12th?

I don't see Manny getting picked up by a NL team.

 

Agreed.

I have been saying this all year and guys on here have been crucifying me for it and defending the "toothpick" to the end. Bottom line is Dusty does a lousy job of making the split second decisions. Regardless of that I am VERY happy with the 6-3 road trip. They exceeded my expectations based on their West coast history. This team has shown great resiliency and does show a great no quit attitude. I do have major concerns with the recent pitching performances of the young guns and quite honestly don't know what to think going into September. They really do not have any veterans other than Bronson that they can turn to with any experience and I think their failure to get Cliff Lee will come back to bite them down the road. Can we be happy with the season play as a whole, YES? Will we be happy that they will probably fail in the playoffs, NO?

 

 

Lee probably would have meant the difference between early October baseball and late October baseball.

 

BTW, Toothpick Baker is awful... Simply splendid job of mismanaging the game yesterday. The Reds( thanks to Paul and Joey) won in spite of Captain Toothpick on Wednesday.

Manny makes Gomes look like Cesar Geronimo.

Lee probably would have meant the difference between early October baseball and late October baseball.

 

BTW, Toothpick Baker is awful... Simply splendid job of mismanaging the game yesterday. The Reds( thanks to Paul and Joey) won in spite of Captain Toothpick on Wednesday.

 

I hope you are kidding.

  • Author
Up 10-1 and used multiple pitchers prior to giving up the lead. Everyone is harping on Ondrusek and he was taken out with a 2 run lead that Rhodes couldn't hold. I guess it was a bad decision to bring a guy in with a 1.84 ERA. That most certainly is a position to win the game.

 

As for Leake, I don't know what he was doing.

 

 

I had no problem with Baker bringing Rhodes in. I still say either he or Masset should have started the inning. Thank God Votto got the hit in the 12th or we would have seen Volquez in the 13th. Now how smart would have that move been? Still no comment on not bunting Bruce?

I had no problem with Baker bringing Rhodes in. I still say either he or Masset should have started the inning. Thank God Votto got the hit in the 12th or we would have seen Volquez in the 13th. Now how smart would have that move been? Still no comment on not bunting Bruce?

 

You mean the guy with one sacrifice in his MLB career? I wouldn't have had a problem if he asked him to bunt but if he didn't get it down we would've had to hear from the masses about how Dusty should know not to bunt Bruce.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.