August 26, 201016 yr You mean the guy with one sacrifice in his MLB career? I wouldn't have had a problem if he asked him to bunt but if he didn't get it down we would've had to hear from the masses about how Dusty should know not to bunt Bruce. Just like if Massett came in for the 8th and retired the side we would have heard how he shouldn't be using his late inning guys in a blowout...
August 26, 201016 yr Author You mean the guy with one sacrifice in his MLB career? I wouldn't have had a problem if he asked him to bunt but if he didn't get it down we would've had to hear from the masses about how Dusty should know not to bunt Bruce. Give me a break about the 1 sac bunt in his career. He barely has a career. How many times has he failed? The 1 sac bunt proves he can do it. It was definitely the best option of the two.
August 26, 201016 yr You mean the guy with one sacrifice in his MLB career? I wouldn't have had a problem if he asked him to bunt but if he didn't get it down we would've had to hear from the masses about how Dusty should know not to bunt Bruce. Just like if Massett came in for the 8th and retired the side we would have heard how he shouldn't be using his late inning guys in a blowout... :thumb: :thumb:
August 26, 201016 yr You mean the guy with one sacrifice in his MLB career? I wouldn't have had a problem if he asked him to bunt but if he didn't get it down we would've had to hear from the masses about how Dusty should know not to bunt Bruce. Just like if Massett came in for the 8th and retired the side we would have heard how he shouldn't be using his late inning guys in a blowout... :thumb: We are 3.5 games up after the cursed west coast trip, be happy!
August 26, 201016 yr Author Just like if Massett came in for the 8th and retired the side we would have heard how he shouldn't be using his late inning guys in a blowout... That would be the dumbest comment ever.
August 26, 201016 yr That would be the dumbest comment ever. And yet it would've been one we'd have been reading on here....
August 26, 201016 yr Author :thumb: We are 3.5 games up after the cursed west coast trip, be happy! Perhaps you missed where I said I was ecstatic.
August 26, 201016 yr Give me a break about the 1 sac bunt in his career. He barely has a career. How many times has he failed? The 1 sac bunt proves he can do it. It was definitely the best option of the two. There's a reason they don't ask him to bunt. I'll take it from the guy who sees him all spring training, in the cage, taking live BP...etc. Dusty has shown that he likes to bunt so for him not to speaks volumes, IMO.
August 26, 201016 yr Just like if Massett came in for the 8th and retired the side we would have heard how he shouldn't be using his late inning guys in a blowout... That would be the dumbest comment ever. They have a day off today and Masset wasn't used a ton in SF before yesterday. I'm with LRCW here. I don't understand why Dusty lets guys get abused. He waits to long to yank a guy after he struggles.
August 26, 201016 yr There's a reason they don't ask him to bunt. I'll take it from the guy who sees him all spring training, in the cage, taking live BP...etc. Dusty has shown that he likes to bunt so for him not to speaks volumes, IMO. I'm with you on the non bunt. Dusty likes to bunt but won't let Bruce in obvious bunting situations. We should just expect Bruce to not sacrifice bunt. It would be nice if he would learn how by next year though.
August 26, 201016 yr I'm with you on the non bunt. Dusty likes to bunt but won't let Bruce in obvious bunting situations. We should just expect Bruce to not sacrifice bunt. It would be nice if he would learn how by next year though. No doubt!
August 26, 201016 yr They have a day off today and Masset wasn't used a ton in SF before yesterday. I'm with LRCW here. I don't understand why Dusty lets guys get abused. He waits to long to yank a guy after he struggles. He really only hung with Ondrusek for one pitch too long. He only gave up two hits to that point and was a grounder and pop up from getting out of it. Rhodes gave up three hits before Dusty could sit down. He probably could've gone with Massett a little earlier but, like the players, he isn't going to get everything right every time.
August 26, 201016 yr And yet it would've been one we'd have been reading on here.... I think there's a difference in using a guy in a 5 run lead with a day off the following day after getting drilled the two previous games. Had the Reds won the two previous games and not given up a ton of runs and a ton of hits I could see letting Ondrusek start the inning. I still don't get why he faced the third batter no matter what though. Just like I have no idea why Leake faced as many guys as he did in the 9th at Philly. There's a disturbing pattern with Dusty to some. I'm one of them. Nobody will be able to explain why he lets Leake PH though. He does that way too often for a team that has blown big leads to good teams.
August 26, 201016 yr Author And yet it would've been one we'd have been reading on here.... Not from me you wouldn't. Perhaps from a guy who said I was living in a fantasy world way back in April or May when I stated the Reds bad the talent to compete for the NL Central title. Anybody know what happened to that poster?
August 26, 201016 yr Author There's a reason they don't ask him to bunt. I'll take it from the guy who sees him all spring training, in the cage, taking live BP...etc. Dusty has shown that he likes to bunt so for him not to speaks volumes, IMO. You mean the same guy that saw Taveras and Patterson as the best options in two separate years?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.