Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the Reds (2nd Half, Week 7, Part 2)

Featured Replies

  • Replies 1k
  • Views 80.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm in complete agreement with that. But, I don't doubt a couple of posters here believe we'd have 100 wins by now if Dusty Baker weren't the manager. Every time I check this thread it sounds like the ship is sinking.

 

I think he makes some very questionable decisions. Every great move he makes doesn't mean they will win games and every terrible move doesn't mean they will lose games either. I just think he doesn't put them in the best possible position to win some games. Maybe they're a fraud against good teams b/c their manager continues to not be as good as some of the better managers.

I'm in complete agreement with that. But, I don't doubt a couple of posters here believe we'd have 100 wins by now if Dusty Baker weren't the manager. Every time I check this thread it sounds like the ship is sinking.

 

 

More like 84.

More like 84.

 

:rolleyes:

 

Yeah, because if it weren't for Dusty the Reds would have the best record in baseball.

I've been chiming in sparingly. Due to the times of the games, I have not been able to watch. 6-3 on the last road trip is awesome. I did say a while back that I was getting a getting a good feeling about the the Reds. While I wouldn't have predicted their success this season, I don't think I have blasted them very much. They got rid of all of the garbage players that I couldn't stand, and it has seemed to have worked out so far. I very much would like to see them continue the good season and get to the playoffs. it's been a long time coming.

 

:thumb:

:rolleyes:

 

Yeah, because if it weren't for Dusty the Reds would have the best record in baseball.

 

I couldn't have said it better myself.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

 

The scary (or sad) thing is, you actually believe that.

Looking at the standings....

 

The Reds have 35 games remaining. If they go 20-15 (very doable, and probable with their schedule IMO), that puts them at 93-69.

 

The Cardinals have 38 games remaining. If the Reds go 20-15, they'll have to go 25-13 the rest of the way to reach 93-69.

What the tiebreaker if they finish with the same record? And, the Wildcard comes from a different division.

 

Please don't tell me its head-to-head.

What the tiebreaker if they finish with the same record? And, the Wildcard comes from a different division.

 

Please don't tell me its head-to-head.

 

One game playoff....Home team decided by a coin flip I believe.

Looking at the standings....

 

The Reds have 35 games remaining. If they go 20-15 (very doable, and probable with their schedule IMO), that puts them at 93-69.

 

The Cardinals have 38 games remaining. If the Reds go 20-15, they'll have to go 25-13 the rest of the way to reach 93-69.

 

If the Reds reach 93 wins, they won't have to worry about a playoff.

One game playoff....Home team decided by a coin flip I believe.
Home-field advantage is awarded to the team with the best head-to-head record.
  • Author

Phillips x-rays were negative, and he is available to play this weekend.:dancingpa

Home-field advantage is awarded to the team with the best head-to-head record.

 

Coulda sworn last year they flipped a coin for the Twins/Tigers playoff...Obviously not, though.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.