Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the Reds (2nd Half, Week 7, Part 2)

Featured Replies

Not from me you wouldn't. Perhaps from a guy who said I was living in a fantasy world way back in April or May when I stated the Reds bad the talent to compete for the NL Central title. Anybody know what happened to that poster?

 

MC?

  • Replies 1k
  • Views 80.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You mean the same guy that saw Taveras and Patterson as the best options in two separate years?

 

If you're going to pick on every wrong decision he's made managing then we're wasting our time. He's done many more things right, which is why he's still managing in the league.

  • Author

I'll be the first to admit that you can't argue with the results that Dusty has gotten this year. The players love him, and it seems they have the best clubhouse attitude we've seen in years. I give Dusty all the credit in the world for that, and I say BRAVO!!! All of that being said his in game management still has left me shaking my head on many an occasion. I'm sure Cardinals fans would say the same thing about Doubleday on occasion. It's part of the game, yet some of you act like Dusty manages a perfect game.

  • Author
MC?

 

You mean HT? Nope it wasn't him.

Not from me you wouldn't. Perhaps from a guy who said I was living in a fantasy world way back in April or May when I stated the Reds bad the talent to compete for the NL Central title. Anybody know what happened to that poster?

 

Wouldn't have the slightest clue who that would be....:D

I'll be the first to admit that you can't argue with the results that Dusty has gotten this year. The players love him, and it seems they have the best clubhouse attitude we've seen in years. I give Dusty all the credit in the world for that, and I say BRAVO!!! All of that being said his in game management still has left me shaking my head on many an occasion. I'm sure Cardinals fans would say the same thing about Doubleday on occasion. It's part of the game, yet some of you act like Dusty manages a perfect game.

 

I never implied that he has ever managed a perfect game. I just have faith in a manager at that level to know his players capabilities a lot better than any of us.

You mean HT? Nope it wasn't him.

 

That would seem to lead to a credibility issue with said poster...:sssh:

  • Author
I never implied that he has ever managed a perfect game. I just have faith in a manager at that level to know his players capabilities a lot better than any of us.

 

As he should, but it's still not going to save him from the criticism and wrath of LRCW if I think the moves he makes or doesn't make are bonehead moves. And we all know the importance of that.:lol:

I'll be the first to admit that you can't argue with the results that Dusty has gotten this year. The players love him, and it seems they have the best clubhouse attitude we've seen in years. I give Dusty all the credit in the world for that, and I say BRAVO!!! All of that being said his in game management still has left me shaking my head on many an occasion. I'm sure Cardinals fans would say the same thing about Doubleday on occasion. It's part of the game, yet some of you act like Dusty manages a perfect game.

 

I'm in complete agreement with that. But, I don't doubt a couple of posters here believe we'd have 100 wins by now if Dusty Baker weren't the manager. Every time I check this thread it sounds like the ship is sinking.

  • Author
That would seem to lead to a credibility issue with said poster...:sssh:

 

 

Oh, wait till UKMF sees that. :scared: Did I just say his name out loud?:lol:

I don't think it was me.

 

I thought LRCW was implying that the poster wasn't around much anymore and I haven't seen/read a lot from you lately.

That would seem to lead to a credibility issue with said poster...:sssh:

 

:taz: :madman:

 

:lol: :lol:

Oh, wait till UKMF sees that. :scared: Did I just say his name out loud?:lol:

 

:laugh: :laugh:

I thought LRCW was implying that the poster wasn't around much anymore and I haven't seen/read a lot from you lately.

 

I've been chiming in sparingly. Due to the times of the games, I have not been able to watch. 6-3 on the last road trip is awesome. I did say a while back that I was getting a getting a good feeling about the the Reds. While I wouldn't have predicted their success this season, I don't think I have blasted them very much. They got rid of all of the garbage players that I couldn't stand, and it has seemed to have worked out so far. I very much would like to see them continue the good season and get to the playoffs. it's been a long time coming.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.