August 26, 201016 yr I missed it, what he say? He was still fired up & I found it to be a fairly emotional interview after a big win. Pic commented on how nice it was to go 6-3 on the West coast when this team has struggled so much out here. Votto said "That's not fair. This club, this organization has struggled in recent years out here but this TEAM" has done fairly well & has been playing good baseball (I can't remember the end of the quote). He's absolutely right. The team knows that they are the real deal. I'm a believer too.
August 26, 201016 yr Author Bruce had ONE bunt for a hit & it was with nobody on (and nobody expecting it). Big West Coast trip & I loved Votto's interview after the game. I too am hoping he wins the Triple Crown. Who cares when it was. He proved he can get a bunt down. He had a much better chance of getting a bunt down there than he did of getting a hit. Thank goodness he didn't hit into a double play.
August 26, 201016 yr Author I had a friend call me in PANIC!!! when the Reds gave up the tying run in the 8th. I was en route & listening to 700 WLW at the time. I thought it was the 9th inning. When I found out it was the 8th, I told him to relax & that we would win. Wilson was already done. I told the guy at the front desk (concierge) that we have won these types of games all year & that we'll win this one too. It's disappointing that BGP, with so many die hard fans, are so quick to assume that we'll lose when crap hits the fan. This team has shown its resiliency over & over & over again. This is not the same Cincinnati Reds of the last 10 years. Most of us know it, but some fans seem hesitant to embrace it. I don't know if it's just cynical attitude we Cincinnati fans have developed over the past few decades of losing (in football, too) or what it is...but I fully believe that this team will come through when the game is on the line. Who gave up? The point remains the Reds should have never been in that situation.
August 26, 201016 yr Author Yeah, in a situation when it wasn't imperative to get a bunt down. See even you are saying that it was imperative to get a bunt down there. Even you know, but Dusty doesn't.
August 26, 201016 yr I had a friend call me in PANIC!!! when the Reds gave up the tying run in the 8th. I was en route & listening to 700 WLW at the time. I thought it was the 9th inning. When I found out it was the 8th, I told him to relax & that we would win. Wilson was already done. I told the guy at the front desk (concierge) that we have won these types of games all year & that we'll win this one too. It's disappointing that BGP, with so many die hard fans, are so quick to assume that we'll lose when crap hits the fan. This team has shown its resiliency over & over & over again. This is not the same Cincinnati Reds of the last 10 years. Most of us know it, but some fans seem hesitant to embrace it. I don't know if it's just cynical attitude we Cincinnati fans have developed over the past few decades of losing (in football, too) or what it is...but I fully believe that this team will come through when the game is on the line. I have a lot of faith in the players. I have no confidence in all that the manager will put them in the best position to win. I think they're going to win all of their close games too, but it doesn't mean they will win them. For a couple examples of games I never thought they would lose check the blown leads against Atlanta and Philly.
August 26, 201016 yr LRCW you are absolutely correct about Bruce bunting. It is inexcusable for him to be swing in that situation I don't care if he have never bunted in his life. I want Baker to do well but he leaves me scratching my head time and time again.
August 26, 201016 yr Author Does all the Dusty bashing on here still mean I'm a bitter Cubs fan? :lol: You know how it is when you finally grow up, and realize your parents weren't so dumb after all?
August 26, 201016 yr You know how it is when you finally grow up, and realize your parents weren't so dumb after all? :lol: :lol: I still live that every day, especially when it comes to parenting.
August 26, 201016 yr Author Here is a bit of scary news. :scared::scared: Brandon Phillips was hit on the right wrist by a 95 mph fastball from Santiago Casilla. Phillips stayed in the game to run the bases but he left the game before the bottom of the inning. “We don’t know,” Reds manager Dusty Baker said. “They took some x-rays.” Phillips will be x-rayed again when swelling subsides. He told a reporter he is is concerned. Phillips is a key component for the Reds. He is hitting .290 with 16 home runs and 50 RBI. He’s tied for the team lead with 90 runs scored. He has also played sensationally at second base. http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/2010/08/25/reds-will-learn-more-on-phillips-wrist-after-more-x-rays/
August 26, 201016 yr Author :lol: :lol: I still live that every day, especially when it comes to parenting. You and me both.
August 26, 201016 yr Author Fly the Jolly Rancher. Pirates Win!!! Pirates Win. Reds lead by 3.5 games. Cards play Nationals tomorrow night. I'll go ahead and give them the win with Carpenter on the mound. The Reds will have at least a 3 game lead heading into Friday night's series opener against the Cubs. :dancingpa:dancingpa
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.