How do you think Knight stacks up against Wall ?

Wildcat Dad

I just don't see how saying that Cousins is better than Kanter is underestimating or not give Kanter enough credit. I thought Cousins was the most impressive true post player I've seen in college the last few years on the offensive end.

Kanter seems very good and he may be great for all I know, but I just can't elevate him to Cuz's level without seeing what he can do in a real game first.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kanter seems very good and he may be great for all I know, but I just can't elevate him to Cuz's level without seeing what he can do in a real game first.

I agree Cats. I feel like Kanter needs to get a few games under his belt before we can make that statement. The same isn't necessary for Lamb over Bledsoe in my eyes.

I agree Cats. I feel like Kanter needs to get a few games under his belt before we can make that statement. The same isn't necessary for Lamb over Bledsoe in my eyes.

:thumb:

Cousins was an elite player so its hard to say someone is just as good or better than him before we see them play IMO, especially a guy coming from Europe where they don't play physical in the post and don't play great defense.

Bledsoe was up and down last year and hardly the dominant presence that Cuz was so I have no problems saying Lamb is just as good or even better.

:thumb:

Cousins was an elite player so its hard to say someone is just as good or better than him before we see them play IMO, especially a guy coming from Europe where they don't play physical in the post and don't play great defense.

Bledsoe was up and down last year and hardly the dominant presence that Cuz was so I have no problems saying Lamb is just as good or even better.

Kanter can play physical.. Have you not seen this guy play at all? If you haven't then you should not say anything about Kanter because how can judge anyone at all if you haven't even watched him play in any type of game.

Kanter can play physical.. Have you not seen this guy play at all? If you haven't then you should not say anything about Kanter because how can judge anyone at all if you haven't even watched him play in any type of game.

Like I said, from the game I watched him and in his highlights I can't say that he's better than Cousins or even on the same level. Maybe when he plays in an organized game against real American style competition I will be impressed. Euro ball doesn't impress me and a HS all-star game doesn't impress me.

If Kanter is the truth I'll give him his due but until he starts doing it in a game I think it's silly to even compare him to Cuz. How many big guys in college have been in Cuz's league talent and production-wise the last decade? If people will remember correctly I was very slow to praise Cousins as well. I'm the last person in the world who is ever going to praise a big guy early because I think most end up being proven as overrated or frauds. Not saying Kanter is, but how would any of us really know until he plays in a college game?

So tell me, how many times have you watched him play a full game? If it was just that all-star game please don't even respond because that would be a joke going on an all-star game performance.

He isn't judging Kanter though? That's why he isn't prepared to say that he's better than Cousins, because he's not prepared to judge him lol.

He isn't judging Kanter though? That's why he isn't prepared to say that he's better than Cousins, because he's not prepared to judge him lol.

Saying that I can't put Kanter in Cousins class without seeing him play at the college level first, automatically means that I think Kanter is garbage. He couldn't play at Morehead and I'm mad Cal signed him :lol:.

This is a whole thread about comparing Knight ( a player that has not played against college level talent) to Wall. Same as comparing Kanter and Cousins. If people aren't allowed to compare yet why do we even have this thread or people post in it?

We all better hope Kanter turns out to be good or UK will not have a final four caliber season.

I like the fact that Kanter is considered a top 3 pick by virtually all the scouts. Number one by some.

I understand this thread is all speculation because very few of the Uk players have even played in a regular season college game. This is just fans speculating though and having high hopes. Everyone could be wrong who knows. Everyone has a different opinion on players and if they are on other certain players "level". I mean Kanter could put up just as good stats and be a physical force just like Cuz but might not have the same footwork would you still not say Kanter was on his level if that happens hypothetically? Or to be on someones level does the player have to do literally everything just as well? Just trying to see what you mean by being on the same level or comparable to a certain player.

I'm not saying Kanter is on Cousins level. I agree we can't say that yet. In my honest opinion I think he will be though.

What's your opinion, if you had to choose right now and say what you think will happen. How do you think he will do this season? Nothing about being right or wrong just speculation from your point of view? It's fun to speculate that's why so many fans do it.

This is a whole thread about comparing Knight ( a player that has not played against college level talent) to Wall. Same as comparing Kanter and Cousins. If people aren't allowed to compare yet why do we even have this thread or people post in it?

We all better hope Kanter turns out to be good or UK will not have a final four caliber season.

I like the fact that Kanter is considered a top 3 pick by virtually all the scouts. Number one by some.

I understand this thread is all speculation because very few of the Uk players have even played in a regular season college game. This is just fans speculating though and having high hopes. Everyone could be wrong who knows. Everyone has a different opinion on players and if they are on other certain players "level". I mean Kanter could put up just as good stats and be a physical force just like Cuz but might not have the same footwork would you still not say Kanter was on his level if that happens hypothetically? Or to be on someones level does the player have to do literally everything just as well? Just trying to see what you mean by being on the same level or comparable to a certain player.

I'm not saying Kanter is on Cousins level. I agree we can't say that yet. In my honest opinion I think he will be though.

What's your opinion, if you had to choose right now and say what you think will happen. How do you think he will do this season? Nothing about being right or wrong just speculation from your point of view? It's fun to speculate that's why so many fans do it.

If I had to say, I would put money on Kanter not being as good as Boogie. True Freshman being all-Americans are few and far in between. Though recently it is more prevalent with guys like Oden, Hansborough, Brandon Wright, etc. (not all the way back to Shaq). Despite Boogie's high praise out of high school, he was not near as ready for the NBA as Kanter is today... according to scouts, that is. Cuz was more untapped raw ability that took off around mid-season. Kanter is seen as more of an NBA ready talent. That is all I am saying.

All I have ever said is that I couldn't personally put him in Cuz's class. To me I think it's ridiculous to do that. To others not so much. I just hate that people are acting like I said Kanter is awful or something. Not being as good as Demarcus Cousins is something about 99% of freshmen basketball players this year will have to deal with and they'll be fine.

I personally don't even think Kanter will be close to what Cousins brings, especially on the pro level. College-wise he could probably put up similar or even better numbers than Cousins, but I think there is a difference between putting up numbers and dominating. Cousins dominated IMO. He played only about half the game but scored at will and seemed to get every other rebound when he was on the floor. I can't imagine Kanter being able to physically impose his will on people the way Boogie could consistently do it all year.

Personally, I think Kanter is over-hyped. He's not very athletic, I've always thought his footwork seemed sloppy (though it has been effective when I've watched him), and I think he seems small for what he's listed at. I just think he's more Tyler Hansbrough or Luke Harangody than DeMarcus Cousins or Shaq. Obviously I think he's more talented that Hansbrough or Harangody but you know what I mean. I would love to be wrong though. I was extremely wrong about Cousins last year and he ended up being my favorite Cat of all-time.