Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How do you think Knight stacks up against Wall ?

Featured Replies

All I'm saying is I think it's way way too early to come to those conclusions.

 

All I'm saying is I have seen all 4 guys enough to think the original point is pretty spot on...

  • Replies 76
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As to the original point, Knight does quite a few things as good or better than Wall that should make him a very good PG as long as he doesn't revert to the high school habit of jacking up a shot any time he feels the need. He isn't close to the quickness or athleticism of Wall, but he can be much more under control on the break. The half court ability is really where he should have the advantage on the offensive end. Wall at times just looked lost trying to run the team when the game slowed down, and Knight plays with a better feel for the game in those situations...

GT, let me ask you this: If you were drafting a team that you would coach, and the talent pool was last year's UK team & this year's UK team, who would your first three picks be? For me, I would take Wall #1 & Cuz #2. Not sure yet at #3, but Patterson & Kanter are probably the two likely candidates.

 

My point is this: It seems to me that last year's team had cream-of-the-crop talent. Three lottery picks don't lie. But from there, I think the talent dropped off quite a bit. With this year's team, it seems the talent is more evenly distributed. Granted, I've yet to see Kanter, but do you think this is a fair assessment?

GT, let me ask you this: If you were drafting a team that you would coach, and the talent pool was last year's UK team & this year's UK team, who would your first three picks be? For me, I would take Wall #1 & Cuz #2. Not sure yet at #3, but Patterson & Kanter are probably the two likely candidates.

 

My point is this: It seems to me that last year's team had cream-of-the-crop talent. Three lottery picks don't lie. But from there, I think the talent dropped off quite a bit. With this year's team, it seems the talent is more evenly distributed. Granted, I've yet to see Kanter, but do you think this is a fair assessment?

 

I'd say that's pretty fair. I think last season was a team full of NBA ready talent, where the roster this year is made up of players more suited to play the college game. I wouldn't sleep on Jones at the #3 slot though. Kanter and Pat get the nod now, but I think Jones can be very, very good with his skill set in the DDM...

I do agree with the sentiments that this group is much better equipped for the DDM then last year's.

I think I would honestly rather have had Lamb last year than Bledsoe as well. I won't say anything about Cousins vs. Kanter just yet.

 

It is not a question of talent, its getting players that play well together.

I can take Lamb over Bledsoe. But I refuse to believe that Kanter is even in Cousin's league until I see it on the floor.

I can take Lamb over Bledsoe. But I refuse to believe that Kanter is even in Cousin's league until I see it on the floor.

And you wouldn't want to take the word of the guys playing against him every day in practice. :lol:

I can take Lamb over Bledsoe. But I refuse to believe that Kanter is even in Cousin's league until I see it on the floor.

 

I agree. I've only seen a couple clips on Kanter, but he's not Cousins and that's not a slam against him. Knight isn't Wall neither. Comparing him as an incoming freshman against Wall at this point, Wall was a better athelete. Knight certainly demonstrates better control, but that's in part to Wall's amazing speed. I'm impressed and thankful that we've got Knight. Wall was a rare kid for anyone to have on their team that you just don't see every year. Knight is a gift in his own right and again, we're lucky to have him!

And you wouldn't want to take the word of the guys playing against him every day in practice. :lol:

 

Not until I see him do it all season. Beating up on Harrelson in practice isn't extremely impressive to me.

I'd say that's pretty fair. I think last season was a team full of NBA ready talent, where the roster this year is made up of players more suited to play the college game. I wouldn't sleep on Jones at the #3 slot though. Kanter and Pat get the nod now, but I think Jones can be very, very good with his skill set in the DDM...

 

On Jones, no question. The guy oozes talent. Just hope he's coachable and injury-free.

I can take Lamb over Bledsoe. But I refuse to believe that Kanter is even in Cousin's league until I see it on the floor.

 

Agree on both counts. But I will say that in regards to Kanter, a big plus with him is his free throw shooting ability--something Cousins lacked a lot.

Agree on both counts. But I will say that in regards to Kanter, a big plus with him is his free throw shooting ability--something Cousins lacked a lot.

In what little footage and game I saw of Kanter, I expect a more mature, polished player than Cousins. Boogie dominated based on physicality and raw ability.

  • Author
Knight might have better overall teammates to use though. Like others have said Knight will not have to do as much as Wall did. Lamb is better than Bledsoe IMO, this year's Miller is better than last year's Miller. Same goes for Liggins. Jones will be better in the Dribble Drive than Patterson was, I doubt Jones is the defender or rebounder PP was though. Finally, Kanter is probablly going to be just as good as Cousins was.

 

Sometimes Wall probably felt like he had to drive around three or four defenders because his team couldn't hit outside shots. I don't think Knight will have to feel the same way.

 

I feel the one big improvement will be this years MILLER over last Years MILLER. He seems to have really gotten the idea this year and I believe that will really help out Knight (an option Wall really never had last year )!!

In what little footage and game I saw of Kanter, I expect a more mature, polished player than Cousins. Boogie dominated based on physicality and raw ability.

 

The bolded says it all.

 

I'm with you in that I've seen very little footage of Kanter, and he seems to be more polished than Cuz. I just want to see if he can dominate too.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.