Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How do you think Knight stacks up against Wall ?

Featured Replies

I for one think he may be as quick as Wall ,a better shooter and will commit fewer turnovers because he looks to score more around the hoop than Wall did . I don't think he is the jumper nor the athlete that Wall was so fewer nasty dunks and not as many rebounds . I know I will catch a lot of flack for even saying or thinking this ,but if he can play all season like he did this weekend he may be a better COLLEGE player than Wall . I also know that he didn't face a lot of talent this week but I really like his controlling the game . Fingers crossed and hoping to see a lot more of what we saw this week out of Knight . I am anxious to see the team play a quality opponent with Kanter and Jones (healthy), This team has the potential to be a very GOOD team .:ylsuper:

  • Replies 76
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Knight is going to be very solid.

 

He's not as quick as Wall and hasn't shown the athleticism Wall has either. As I said in another thread, I'm not expecting as many "oh my god" plays out of Knight as I saw from Wall. I am expecting to see someone who is under more control with the ball, gets plenty of assists and commits fewer turnovers. I'm a little confused on point production from Knight, I really don't know what to expect from him there, I think he'll score less than Wall did but have a higher shooting percentage. I think he'll be streaky with his buckets. I can't see Knight adjusting to the college game as quickly as Wall did, but when he does, he's going to make the pain of losing Wall hurt a little less.

I think people will like Knight's game more because I think the players on his team will make Knight look better than Wall's teammates did.

 

Knight will have a great shooting playing his two guard, as well as a few slashers in Jones, Liggins, and Miller (Miller and Liggins currently look like different players. I think this will benefit Knight very much. Wall had to do a lot more on the court than I think Knight will have too. At the end of the day, it is going to be tough to compare the two because I think they have two different styles.

I think he'll end up being a much better college player.

I think he'll end up being a much better college player.

 

Interesting.

He's a better shooter and looks to be way more under control.

I think people will like Knight's game more because I think the players on his team will make Knight look better than Wall's teammates did.

Knight will have a great shooting playing his two guard, as well as a few slashers in Jones, Liggins, and Miller (Miller and Liggins currently look like different players. I think this will benefit Knight very much. Wall had to do a lot more on the court than I think Knight will have too. At the end of the day, it is going to be tough to compare the two because I think they have two different styles.

I think Knight is a more complete player than Wall. He will not try and drive through three or four defenders and turn it over. Another difference is Knight will use his teammates were Wall tried to do it all by himself a lot of the time. Wall is a better athlete no question but Knight will be a better player for the team.

I don't think Knight can even begin to compare to Wall as a player.

 

However, I think the things that he brings to the table may end up being just as good or even better than what Wall gave the Cats last year. He can shoot better, he's not as fast but he's still quick with the ball, and he is more consistent at taking care of the basketball. In the halfcourt game, which is where I think tourney games are won, he could really thrive IMO. With Wall you get the highlight plays, great passes, and at times complete domination of the game but you also get turnovers because of his style of play IMO. Knight will probably be a little more consistent over the course of the game, but let's agree that he's not John Wall.

I think Knight is a more complete player than Wall. He will not try and drive through three or four defenders and turn it over. Another difference is Knight will use his teammates were Wall tried to do it all by himself a lot of the time. Wall is a better athlete no question but Knight will be a better player for the team.

 

Knight might have better overall teammates to use though. Like others have said Knight will not have to do as much as Wall did. Lamb is better than Bledsoe IMO, this year's Miller is better than last year's Miller. Same goes for Liggins. Jones will be better in the Dribble Drive than Patterson was, I doubt Jones is the defender or rebounder PP was though. Finally, Kanter is probablly going to be just as good as Cousins was.

 

Sometimes Wall probably felt like he had to drive around three or four defenders because his team couldn't hit outside shots. I don't think Knight will have to feel the same way.

Knight might have better overall teammates to use though. Like others have said Knight will not have to do as much as Wall did. Lamb is better than Bledsoe IMO, this year's Miller is better than last year's Miller. Same goes for Liggins. Jones will be better in the Dribble Drive than Patterson was, I doubt Jones is the defender or rebounder PP was though. Finally, Kanter is probablly going to be just as good as Cousins was.

 

Sometimes Wall probably felt like he had to drive around three or four defenders because his team couldn't hit outside shots. I don't think Knight will have to feel the same way.

 

Lamb is better than Bledsoe? Since when?

Kanter as good as Cousins? Seriously?

Lamb is better than Bledsoe? Since when?

Kanter as good as Cousins? Seriously?

 

As college players both claims are very reasonable...

As college players both claims are very reasonable...

 

They may be, but I'm not sure how one can reach that conclusion based off of 3 exhibition games against NAIA level talent...

They may be, but I'm not sure how one can reach that conclusion based off of 3 exhibition games against NAIA level talent...

 

Would you feel better if it's a conclusion I agree with after watching all involved much more extensively???

I don't think Knight can even begin to compare to Wall as a player.

 

However, I think the things that he brings to the table may end up being just as good or even better than what Wall gave the Cats last year. He can shoot better, he's not as fast but he's still quick with the ball, and he is more consistent at taking care of the basketball. In the halfcourt game, which is where I think tourney games are won, he could really thrive IMO. With Wall you get the highlight plays, great passes, and at times complete domination of the game but you also get turnovers because of his style of play IMO. Knight will probably be a little more consistent over the course of the game, but let's agree that he's not John Wall.

 

I agree. :thumb:

Would you feel better if it's a conclusion I agree with after watching all involved much more extensively???

 

All I'm saying is I think it's way way too early to come to those conclusions.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.