How do you think Knight stacks up against Wall ?

Wildcat Dad

I feel the one big improvement will be this years MILLER over last Years MILLER. He seems to have really gotten the idea this year and I believe that will really help out Knight (an option Wall really never had last year )!!

Amazed at how much bigger Miller has gotten in just a few months.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with a lot of things said and thanks GT for the back up with your expertise. :D

To get to the Bledsoe Lamb debate. UKMF let me ask you this. Did you see Bledoe play defense last year? Now did you see Lamb's defense over the past 3 days? It is completely different. Bledsoe had his moments don't get me wrong and is a good player but IMO Lamb will be better. There is no evidence in this, like I said before in my post earlier this is just all my opinion could be wrong but also could be right.

Lamb is better than Bledsoe? Since when?

Kanter as good as Cousins? Seriously?

I said Lamb was better IMO.

I said Kanter would probably be just as good as Cousins.

Basically what I was saying is that UK would not lose much. Kanter is predicted to be a top 3 pick in the upcoming draft, so that must mean something.

I agree with a lot of things said and thanks GT for the back up with your expertise. :D

To get to the Bledsoe Lamb debate. UKMF let me ask you this. Did you see Bledoe play defense last year? Now did you see Lamb's defense over the past 3 days? It is completely different.

You're not going to win any points by making that the first statement of your arguement. I agree with you, that I think Lamb will be better for this team, but you can't compare Bledsoe's defense against top D-1 players vs. Lamb's defense against no-namers from Canada. UKMF will rip that apart lol.

Doesn't matter who Bledsoe would play. He always looked lazy on defense. I remember one play in particular where he let some Vandy player dribble right by him and dunk it. With a player as fast as Bledsoe on offense, not be able to keep up with a Vandy wing on defense? He let player after player drive right around him. Bledsoe and Dodson's defensive intensity were on the same level.

In what little footage and game I saw of Kanter, I expect a more mature, polished player than Cousins. Boogie dominated based on physicality and raw ability.

Cousins wasn't polished? What big man has came into college with better footwork in the post than Cuz had last year?

Cousins wasn't polished? What big man has came into college with better footwork in the post than Cuz had last year?

By saying one is more polished than the other does not mean the other (Cousins) possessed none :D Kanter has been playing in Europe against men and not brought up through the AAU circuit. It is not uncommon for European players to exhibit more polished attributes at a younger age.

Knight

-better shooter

-takes better care of the ball

-gym rat, will work harder than anyone in college basketball

-proven winner, cares about winning

-not as freakish as Wall

-not as fast end to end (but 99% aren't)

-will not be able to finish at the rim as efficient as Wall

-not the highlight reel Wall was/is

Unfair to have to compare BK to Wall because they are totally different players with two totally different styles. Wall is a phenom type who doesn't come around that often. I mean a point guard you can run back door lobs too? C'mon, thats just sick. Wall was able to do things from the PG position that we had never saw done before. Knight on the other hand is going to be more of your typical PG type, and a PG that is able to shoot the ball very well. He will take better care of the ball, and will shoot it a lot better than Wall did. He may not make you jump out of your seat on the break the same way Wall did, but he will still get the job done effectively on the break. On the otherhand, he will be much better in the half court.

It comes down to the fact that Wall is a once in a lifetime talent for a college team and Knight is just an extremely talented player. UK is lucky that both decided to come here and I feel comfortable with either running the show for the Cats.

Very well said.

By saying one is more polished than the other does not mean the other (Cousins) possessed none :D Kanter has been playing in Europe against men and not brought up through the AAU circuit. It is not uncommon for European players to exhibit more polished attributes at a younger age.

In the post? Which Euro has ever proven that to be true? I can't think of one player. I mean since Darko was so much more advanced than Bosh, Andrea Bargnani was such a dominant force when he came over, and Dirk is well known for his Shaq-like post presence.