iPhone to Verizon January 2011

Blue Magic

My son and I just got Droid Eris' this year. We talked about how many more options there are now...the Incredible, the X, the possibility of an iPhone....we love our Eris', though, and both of us agreed that at this point we have no desire to get any of the newer phones. One of the biggest drawbacks for both of us was the size and weight of the newer phones.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My son and I just got Droid Eris' this year. We talked about how many more options there are now...the Incredible, the X, the possibility of an iPhone....we love our Eris', though, and both of us agreed that at this point we have no desire to get any of the newer phones. One of the biggest drawbacks for both of us was the size and weight of the newer phones.

The Eris is a good phone but I think if you used one of the newer devices (Incredible, X) you'd see the differences in hardware and software. The best of the best phones aren't for everyone though, and I understand that.

Other than having the name iPhone and Apple, what does it do better than the Droid X?

The X runs a better processor, HDMI out, wifi hot spot, better reception, a bigger screen and a couple other things. iPhone has a front facing camera, better resolution screen, better battery, it's way more user friendly and has more than 3 times the applications. They both have their pros and cons. Can't go wrong with either one especially when the iPhone is on Verizon's network. Right now though, I'll take a Droid X over the iPhone if the iPhone was sticking with AT&T but if they're both on Verizon, give me an iPhone.

If Apple signed an exclusive contract with AT&T, then yes they do.

It's been reported before this numerous times, and yet no iphone for Verizon. :idunno:

Most all "exclusive" contracts have buy outs and escape clauses.

If true I really hope Verizon offers better service for the Iphone then AT&T. I love my Iphone but AT&T's service for it is TERRIBLE! I use to never have a complaint about AT&T's service until I got the Iphone. I was in Destin several weeks ago and my phone showed full signal on 3G but I couldn't make a call, send a text and the data wasn't working. I tried turning it off and back on but nothing. Still full signal but couldn't do anything. It's happened a couple of times since. I have had times where the signal strength would go up and down and I would never move. You could watch the bars go all the way up then all the way down until it said Searching...

Not to mention they have probably less then 5% 3G coverage.

I am the exact opposite. Verizon bought Cellular One in Danville last year. I had Verizon from October to March. Worst cell phone provider I ever had from phone malfunctions to dropped calls to customer service. Awful customer service. The new Verizon phone they sent me for the buyout was a Motorola Rival that white screened for no reason. They told me they would send me another phone. Two weeks later I still had no phone. Called them up and they never ordered me a replacement phone. For some reason I had to send the phone through Fed Ex. I couldn't take it to a store and switch there. Ended up being without a phone for close to a month. I cannot stand Verizon. No problems whatsoever since we switched to iPhones.

I am the exact opposite. Verizon bought Cellular One in Danville last year. I had Verizon from October to March. Worst cell phone provider I ever had from phone malfunctions to dropped calls to customer service. Awful customer service. The new Verizon phone they sent me for the buyout was a Motorola Rival that white screened for no reason. They told me they would send me another phone. Two weeks later I still had no phone. Called them up and they never ordered me a replacement phone. For some reason I had to send the phone through Fed Ex. I couldn't take it to a store and switch there. Ended up being without a phone for close to a month. I cannot stand Verizon. No problems whatsoever since we switched to iPhones.

:thumb:

Verizon has the absolute worst customer service I've ever encountered with any product. I had them for all of 3 months before I realized how awful it was. Haven't had any problems with AT&T in over 4+ years. Yes, I've had phone issues, but those were a result of my "abuse" of my phones rather than the service. Their customer service has been phenominal as well.

I need to clarify. I am not saying Verizon is better. As a matter of fact as far as phone reception I would say AT&T is better in my area. Our company uses Verizon and our sales man has a time with dropped calls. One of the guys I work with can't get reception in his office. All cell company's have dead zones and problem areas. Anyone that tells you they have zero reception problems is either lieing or never goes anywhere. Until I bought an Iphone I didn't have much bad to say about AT&T. But their 3G service sucks, period. I am not saying Verizon is any better because I just don't know. I do know what AT&T's is like and it ain't good. I spend quite a bit of time in Louisville for work and it's great there. It's great here in Evansville / Henderson. But in between it's nonexistent. Venture outside of a decent size town and you will have no 3G service.

I need to clarify. I am not saying Verizon is better. As a matter of fact as far as phone reception I would say AT&T is better in my area. Our company uses Verizon and our sales man has a time with dropped calls. One of the guys I work with can't get reception in his office. All cell company's have dead zones and problem areas. Anyone that tells you they have zero reception problems is either lieing or never goes anywhere. Until I bought an Iphone I didn't have much bad to say about AT&T. But their 3G service sucks, period. I am not saying Verizon is any better because I just don't know. I do know what AT&T's is like and it ain't good. I spend quite a bit of time in Louisville for work and it's great there. It's great here in Evansville / Henderson. But in between it's nonexistent. Venture outside of a decent size town and you will have no 3G service.

I hear you there. In Harrodsburg where I work there isn't 3G service but in Danville where I live there is. I use wifi at home and at work so the lack of 3G at work isn't an issue although I understand where you are coming from. It is disappointing being in areas where there isn't 3G but fortunately in my situation everything I use my iPhone for is still operational even without 3G or wifi.

I hear you there. In Harrodsburg where I work there isn't 3G service but in Danville where I live there is. I use wifi at home and at work so the lack of 3G at work isn't an issue although I understand where you are coming from. It is disappointing being in areas where there isn't 3G but fortunately in my situation everything I use my iPhone for is still operational even without 3G or wifi.

Mine too but it is so slow without it.