Chad Montgomery named head baseball coach

TR23

Did he play baseball in HS at Bellevue? I remember him as a football player.

Yes I heard he was a better baseball player than football player. Had oppurtunity to play for NKU, but did not. From my understanding he was an unbelievable CF. He was all-conference his junior and senior year. I heard he even lettered his 8th grade year in baseball. He also coached 3 years @ Bellevue when he graduated.

Yes I heard he was a better baseball player than football player. Had oppurtunity to play for NKU, but did not. From my understanding he was an unbelievable CF. He was all-conference his junior and senior year. I heard he even lettered his 8th grade year in baseball. He also coached 3 years @ Bellevue when he graduated.

That's according to my uncle who played against Chad in high school in football and baseball. I saw his football highlights that he sent away to colleges and the guy would punish people when running the ball. So if he's just as good as a baseball player as we was a football player man. Question is can he get the kids out to play? I play, but quit last year because I could not get along with the coach. I think Coach Montgomery will get the kids out. A bunch of guys already told me they were going to go out for baseball now.

That's according to my uncle who played against Chad in high school in football and baseball. I saw his football highlights that he sent away to colleges and the guy would punish people when running the ball. So if he's just as good as a baseball player as we was a football player man. Question is can he get the kids out to play? I play, but quit last year because I could not get along with the coach. I think Coach Montgomery will get the kids out. A bunch of guys already told me they were going to go out for baseball now.

That is good to hear, I remember some heated rivalry games against the Greenies back when I played at Bellevue. We used to play down behind St. Bernard and they had some good teams. I'd like to see Dayton get back on the map with their baseball program and Chad sounds like a dedicated young guy to do that.