Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cal to the Bulls?

Featured Replies

I love UK basketball...However, I share close to the same feelings as Jim Schue and RockPride on UK fans. So while it would suck, because UK basketball would take a hit, it would be oh so entertaining to watch the fan base react.

  • Replies 227
  • Views 23.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It depends on what Cal's goals are and what is important. He has as close to lifetime security as it can get in coaching at UK. He has a great place to raise his family without threat of having to uproot them again. He knows there is no security in the NBA (how many coaches has LeBron had in 7 years?) and that the NBA is very much a crapshoot even with the best players. If Cal values his family and job security and the knowledge that he controls his destinty at UK much more so than the NBA, then why would he go? Money is not an issue because he is set for life. I think there are many more positives in staying than in going.

 

 

I think he wants to win, and win big....LeBron, DRose, Noah, and the possibility of a sign & trade of Deng for Chris Bosh would guarantee he would not only win in the NBA, but win bigger than can be imagined IMO.

I think he wants to win, and win big....LeBron, DRose, Noah, and the possibility of a sign & trade of Deng for Chris Bosh would guarantee he would not only win in the NBA, but win bigger than can be imagined IMO.

 

Even with "IMO" tagged on at the end, thats a ridiculous statement.

I think he wants to win, and win big....LeBron, DRose, Noah, and the possibility of a sign & trade of Deng for Chris Bosh would guarantee he would not only win in the NBA, but win bigger than can be imagined IMO.

 

Having a large amount of talent doesn't guarantee a championship. Cal should remember that lesson from a couple months ago.

Even with "IMO" tagged on at the end, thats a ridiculous statement.

 

How so? Those 4 guys could be playing together for the next 6-7 years. You honestly think any team would be able to take them down in a 7 game series when they boast a starting 5 that contains 3 of the top 20 players in the league, all of whom are either just entering or in the middle of the primes of their careers?

 

They'd win multiple titles and challenge for the all-time wins mark every year...

Having a large amount of talent doesn't guarantee a championship. Cal should remember that lesson from a couple months ago.

 

Completely different when dealing with college freshman and NBA studs.

I think he wants to win, and win big....LeBron, DRose, Noah, and the possibility of a sign & trade of Deng for Chris Bosh would guarantee he would not only win in the NBA, but win bigger than can be imagined IMO.

 

You are completely ignoring the family side of the equation. I don't think his wife and family want to move again, especially into the very insecure NBA climate with zero job security that could end up forcing another move in just 2-3 years.

I love UK basketball...However, I share close to the same feelings as Jim Schue and RockPride on UK fans. So while it would suck, because UK basketball would take a hit, it would be oh so entertaining to watch the fan base react.

 

This is funny to me. Do you really think there is a coach that exists that is bigger than the UK program? Sure, our stability would take another hit, but BBN would rebound just like they have for many, many years. Cal is a great PR guy and a great recruiter, but don't think he can't be replaced with someone who would not miss a beat. However, he is not going anywhere. Would be a horrible career move. Coaches don't coach in the NBA, they are just observers, the inmates run that asylum.

I love UK basketball...However, I share close to the same feelings as Jim Schue and RockPride on UK fans. So while it would suck, because UK basketball would take a hit, it would be oh so entertaining to watch the fan base react.

 

:laugh: Somehow I knew this was coming. So you love UK basketball, but hate the fans. So basically, you hate yourself.

I love UK basketball...However, I share close to the same feelings as Jim Schue and RockPride on UK fans. So while it would suck, because UK basketball would take a hit, it would be oh so entertaining to watch the fan base react.

 

I have said this numerous times before......

 

I would have a most difficult time swallowing the whole Cat fan thing if I was not one of them.

:laugh: Somehow I knew this was coming. So you love UK basketball, but hate the fans. So basically, you hate yourself.

 

That was exactly what I was thinking.

 

You cannot have both, you either love UK or hate UK.

But what will become of us???

 

:lol:

I don't think Cal is going anywhere. However, he's probably loving all the national attention he is getting, and having your name constantly mentioned on ESPN with connections to the NBA and one of its best players is not bad for recruiting the top high school players. Guys like Quincy Miller are watching too.

I honestly believe these rumors get started by his arch rivals to have a detrimental affect on UK's recruiting.

 

:lol: :lol: :lol:

 

I love this guy.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.