May 25, 201016 yr It's been common knowledge for quite some time now that Dawkins will probably be the predecessor of Coach K whenever he hangs it up. You're stretching a bit trying to belittle my fellow Dukies on this board IMO. No need to hate, oh wait, Duke 2010 NCAA Champs. :ylsuper: Order has been restored.
May 25, 201016 yr It's been common knowledge for quite some time now that Dawkins will probably be the predecessor of Coach K whenever he hangs it up. You're stretching a bit trying to belittle my fellow Dukies on this board IMO. No need to hate, oh wait, Duke 2010 NCAA Champs. You guys are so sensitive. I apologize for being out of the Duke "loop". I wasn't trying to belittle anyone, just giving props where they are due. Just FYI, it might be hard to be a predecessor when you follow someone. I believe the correct terminology would be successor.
May 25, 201016 yr You guys are so sensitive. I apologize for being out of the Duke "loop". I wasn't trying to belittle anyone, just giving props where they are due. Just FYI, it might be hard to be a predecessor when you follow someone. I believe the correct terminology would be successor. Most Duke fans are.
May 25, 201016 yr You guys are so sensitive. I apologize for being out of the Duke "loop". I wasn't trying to belittle anyone, just giving props where they are due. Just FYI, it might be hard to be a predecessor when you follow someone. I believe the correct terminology would be successor. Whatever. I came in peace into this discussion and post 207 is when I realized you were being sarcastic. Luckily, other Duke fans had my back. You can call it sensitive or whatever but how do you expect us to react to your sarcasm when we try to explain what has been discussed amongst Duke fans already? Being the proud fans that we are.
May 25, 201016 yr You guys are so sensitive. I apologize for being out of the Duke "loop". I wasn't trying to belittle anyone, just giving props where they are due. Just FYI, it might be hard to be a predecessor when you follow someone. I believe the correct terminology would be successor. Got me. Whoops. :lol: Didn't expect you to know common knowledge about Duke but you probably shouldn't question a Duke fan's knowledge about it. :thumb:
May 25, 201016 yr I was wondering why Duke was brought up. Duke insider? I wish. Duke fan? Yeah, for 20 years now. All my answers about Duke are purely speculation on my part. Here's more speculation.....no chance he goes to Cleveland. I wish you guys had a coach like Coach K also. Hopefully Cal sticks around and establishes a family for UK. Probably because of this: Duke's Mike Krzyzewski, who has a long-standing friendship with Ferry is now being mentioned. http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/Lebron-James-reason-Cavs-fired-Mike-Brown Now why doesn't K call a press conference and deny it himself instead of sending Administration to address the issues? Why doesn't he stand his team behind him and deny it to the world that way? K is closer to Ferry than Cal is to LeBron and K coached LeBron in the Olympics. I'm just funning with you Purple but I'm hearing as much about Coach K down here each day. Could K finally leave Duke? Naww, but it's fun to speculate. :thumb:
May 25, 201016 yr Actually, Coach K apparently made a comment in the past few days that IF he was ever going to leave Duke, he would let everyone know. He's not going anywhere and will retire from Duke IMHO. He has built a hall of fame career, and the greatest coaches in the game generally built their resume and reputation based on being at one place for a very long time. There are very few exceptions of coaches who have moved around a lot, if any.
May 25, 201016 yr Just asking, but why is it that when Coach K says he's not going anywhere ESPN takes it as 100% the truth, and when Cal says it they make it sound like he's lying?
May 25, 201016 yr Just asking, but why is it that when Coach K says he's not going anywhere ESPN takes it as 100% the truth, and when Cal says it they make it sound like he's lying? I would have to say reputation IMO.
May 25, 201016 yr Just asking, but why is it that when Coach K says he's not going anywhere ESPN takes it as 100% the truth, and when Cal says it they make it sound like he's lying? Because Coach K has never left Duke but has been rumored to have other suitors on numerous occasions. On his own, Cal left UMass and Memphis. However, on Mike and Mike, Greenburg says that after talking face to face with Coach Cal, he is convinced he is not leaving UK.
May 25, 201016 yr Probably because of this: Duke's Mike Krzyzewski, who has a long-standing friendship with Ferry is now being mentioned. http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/Lebron-James-reason-Cavs-fired-Mike-Brown Now why doesn't K call a press conference and deny it himself instead of sending Administration to address the issues? Why doesn't he stand his team behind him and deny it to the world that way? K is closer to Ferry than Cal is to LeBron and K coached LeBron in the Olympics. I'm just funning with you Purple but I'm hearing as much about Coach K down here each day. Could K finally leave Duke? Naww, but it's fun to speculate. :thumb: I hear you Hatz, but I already posted the link in pro sports forum where Coach K already said he isn't interested in the Cavs opening. The team is not due back in Durham until Wednesday so he had to make the announcement with the 2010 National Championship trophy in the background. See he nips things in the bud within 12 hours while other coaches wait a couple of days before they let their "followers" know on twitter.
May 25, 201016 yr Just asking, but why is it that when Coach K says he's not going anywhere ESPN takes it as 100% the truth, and when Cal says it they make it sound like he's lying? Mountain Thunder touched on it but come Cats, you know the answer to that question.
May 25, 201016 yr Because Coach K has never left Duke but has been rumored to have other suitors on numerous occasions. On his own, Cal left UMass and Memphis. However, on Mike and Mike, Greenburg says that after talking face to face with Coach Cal, he is convinced he is not leaving UK. I truly hope Cal makes the right decision and stays at UK. LeBron got Mike Brown fired. He'd fire Cal too.
May 25, 201016 yr I truly hope Cal makes the right decision and stays at UK. LeBron got Mike Brown fired. He'd fire Cal too. The coaches that most consider to be the 'greats' all stayed at one place for a LONG time. Wooden, Rupp, Smith, Coach K, Knight, etc. Their names and legacies go hand in hand with the team they coached for all those years. By staying with a program, it also enhances the chances of winning titles (and all the above I believe have multiple titles).
May 25, 201016 yr http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2010/05/coach-k-no-interest-in-cavs-job/1
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.