Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cal to the Bulls?

Featured Replies

With Vinnie D getting fired, the near consenus on Around the Horn was that John Calipari should be and would be the next Bulls coach. Making him a one and done also. Said lure of coaching Rose and possible high level free agents would be enough to get him back in the NBA.

 

 

How do you guys and gals think this will play out?

 

:popcorn:

  • Replies 227
  • Views 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just like Pitino, he's been there and done that. Money is not much of a factor when he's raking the dough at UK. Plus, he is basically getting all the high profile players he wants with the Wildcats. IMO, he stays.

Plus, "Around the Horn" panelist aren't really "sources" or anything like that so I don't know how much I'd put into the whole thing. Although I did read that the Bulls may have Cal on their list.

Interesting...but I doubt he leaves UK to go back to the NBA.

Just posted on facebook:

 

John Calipari Throughout my career I've been mentioned for other jobs. Now that I'm here u won't hear about other colleges because I've got the best job. Every year you will hear my named mentioned for NBA jobs because I coached in the league before. I'm very happy at Kentucky. Go Big Blue!

Do we have to hear this every time an NBA job opens up...

Do we have to hear this every time an NBA job opens up...

 

Ha, yep, get out the lawn chairs and sit back, just like with recruiting, who knows.

:banana:Cal put this to rest early. He said he was not interested.

 

 

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=5159051

 

 

Reported by Andy Katz...

 

I don't think he's going, but HIM saying it doesn't mean anything IMO. Coaches usually say they're happy and not planning on leaving. Right until they've signed the new contract anyway.

These are interesting:

 

 

KySportsRadio

 

I will expand a bit more on relationship stuff later on site. And yes I saw Cal's tweet. Said he loves UK, never said he had no NBA interest

 

KySportsRadio

 

One part of Yahoo article I know is true is poor relationship with Athletic department. Been a real issue behind the scenes all year

 

 

KySportsRadio

 

So Cal tells Andy Katz he isn't interested in Bulls job while Yahoo says he has expressed interest. So like with T Jones, who knows

Could be the reason that Knight didn't sign the LOI. :sssh:

So has Cal had an issue with the Athletics department? Is there really stuff going on behind the scenes that should worry UK that Cal may leave? Is Barnhardt taking advantage of Cal and everything he has brought to UK?

Could be the reason that Knight didn't sign the LOI. :sssh:

 

Now that this has came about, it does seem to make sense.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.