Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cal to the Bulls?

Featured Replies

[/b]

 

 

A shot at Tubby? Surely the great Saint of Marylan would never do anything questionable or illegal!!!

 

I never called him a saint, but exactly how many games have any his teams had to vacate due to NCAA findings? How many banners have been taken down?

 

I didn't want this to about Tubby, and I really do love Calipari and what he has brought to UK so far. I am a little nervous, but so far only am disappointed in the GPA. I don't want him to leave and honestly don't see him leaving.

  • Replies 227
  • Views 23.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I never called him a saint, but exactly how many games have any his teams had to vacate due to NCAA findings? How many banners have been taken down?

 

I didn't want this to about Tubby, and I really do love Calipari and what he has brought to UK so far. I am a little nervous, but so far only am disappointed in the GPA. I don't want him to leave and honestly don't see him leaving.

 

How many games did Tubby bore this old boy to sleep? I can answer that one.

How on earth was that a shot at Tubby? It was a joke. And a fact. He found a fax that helped get Morris back. I'm not sure how referencing that is a slight to Tubby Smith. :idunno:

 

You obviously have never read his posts have you? It was and if you read his followup posts, the intent is unmistakable.

 

A shot at Tubby? Surely the great Saint of Marylan would never do anything questionable or illegal!!!
You obviously have never read his posts have you? It was and if you read his followup posts, the intent is unmistakable.

 

All I mentioned was a fax and a letter. You were the one who mentioned Tubby, as if you were trying to defend him for something questionable he may/may not have done.

While, one it IS NOT a cheap shot but a legitimate concern that me and my UK friends/family have.

 

Two, let's look at the facts as you ask. Where Cal has been a coach, his wins and Final Fours have been vacated by dubious actions of his players that HE RECRUITS and leads.

 

Now, saying that, I think the Memphis situation is ridiculous because the NCAA clearinghouse cleared Rose and then said that Memphis should have known he wasn't eligible.

 

LBBC is right on the money. We love Cal and what he has done (and will do) for UK. He has the ability, personality, and cutting-edge to do some terrific things here. We're as excited as everyone.

 

But by the same token, the facts are facts, and LBBC has laid them out for us. Cal has been the head coach of two Division 1 basketball programs, both of which were dealt punishment by the NCAA. We recognize he hasn't been singled out, and we also recognize the unfairness of the Memphis situation.

 

Still, bad things have followed Cal at this level, and we don't think we're immune to it. On top of that, UK basketball has its own checkered past to deal with too. You're not a hater when you acknowledge these things, because I know I'm the farthest thing from a UK-hater.

 

Now, as for LBBC's thoughts on Tubby...well... :lol:

Edited by Randy Parker
Spelling, as usual

LBBC is right on the money. We love Cal and what he has done (and will do) for UK. He has the ability, personality, and cutting-edge to do some terrific things here. We're as excited as everyone.

 

But by the same token, the facts are facts, and LBBC has laid them out for us. Cal has been the head coach of two Division 1 basketball programs, both of which were dealt punishment by the NCAA. We recognize he hasn't been singled out, and we also recognize the unfairness of the Memphis situation.

 

Still, bad things have followed Cal at this level, and we don't think we're immune to it. On top of that, UK basketball has its own checkered past to deal with too. You're not a hater when you acknowledge these things, because I know I'm the farthest thing from a UK-hater.

 

Now, as for LBBC's thoughts on Tubby...well... :lol:

 

:thumb:

LBBC is right on the money. We love Cal and what he has done (and will do) for UK. He has the ability, personality, and cutting-edge to do some terrific things here. We're as excited as everyone.

 

But by the same token, the facts are facts, and LBBC has laid them out for us. Cal has been the head coach of two Division 1 basketball programs, both of which were dealt punishment by the NCAA. We recognize he hasn't been singled out, and we also recognize the unfairness of the Memphis situation.

 

Still, bad things have followed Cal at this level, and we don't think we're immune to it. On top of that, UK basketball has its own checkered past to deal with too. You're not a hater when you acknowledge these things, because I know I'm the farthest thing from a UK-hater.

 

 

:thumb:

All I mentioned was a fax and a letter. You were the one who mentioned Tubby, as if you were trying to defend him for something questionable he may/may not have done.

 

You expect anyone to believe that the fax/letter was in no way a reference to Tubby? I was born at night, but not last night. :D

 

However, the bottom line of this entire thread is that IMHO, I don't see Cal leaving UK. And, I am hopeful that I am right on this one. He has brought the fun back to UK basketball!!!

That's fine. Personally with as much talent as the 02 team had, only to end up with a third straight ten loss season and somehow managing a Sweet 16 run is not great basketball to me, but to each his own. And seriously, going to the elite 8 with a team full of freshmen in a new system, after previously failing to make the tournament altogether. You're joking, right.

Going to the Elite 8 with a team that might post 4 players in the top 10 of the NBA draft and probably 5 in the top 20, no, I am not.

 

They were easily the most talented team in the NCAA. And they were a joy to watch for most of the season.

LBBC is right on the money. :

 

You had me at hello!!!!!!!!!!:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Going to the Elite 8 with a team that might post 4 players in the top 10 of the NBA draft and probably 5 in the top 20, no, I am not.

 

They were easily the most talented team in the NCAA. And they were a joy to watch for most of the season.

 

I have to agree with Hoopboy (just a little bit) on this one. That was a VERY young team, new coach, new system, etc. LOADED with talent, but the games they lost, you could see the youth and immaturity in some of them. I would love to see how good they could have been this season if they all came back. Goodness, gracious, sakes alive they could have been scary!!!

I have to agree with Hoopboy (just a little bit) on this one. That was a VERY young team, new coach, new system, etc. LOADED with talent, but the games they lost, you could see the youth and immaturity in some of them. I would love to see how good they could have been this season if they all came back. Goodness, gracious, sakes alive they could have been scary!!!

 

Based on Cal's recruiting mindset, do you ever think that it will not be that same way with a lot of young players that are loaded with talent and new to the system.

 

Assuming all stay in the draft and Dodson does go somewhere else, you will have Miller and Liggins as the only returning players.

 

I am assuming that the only experienced players that future UK teams will have will be role players. The stars are going to move on as they did at Memphis and as they did this year at UK.

Based on Cal's recruiting mindset, do you ever think that it will not be that same way with a lot of young players that are loaded with talent and new to the system.

 

Assuming all stay in the draft and Dodson does go somewhere else, you will have Miller and Liggins as the only returning players.

 

I am assuming that the only experienced players that future UK teams will have will be role players. The stars are going to move on as they did at Memphis and as they did this year at UK.

 

Bad assumption. See below quote from Cal. UK will NOT have 4 freshman leave every year for the NBA draft. It never happened at Memphis either. Everything will be just fine in CAT town.

 

 

“It’s extremely unusual for four freshmen from the same team to have this opportunity"

Based on Cal's recruiting mindset, do you ever think that it will not be that same way with a lot of young players that are loaded with talent and new to the system.

 

Assuming all stay in the draft and Dodson does go somewhere else, you will have Miller and Liggins as the only returning players.

 

I am assuming that the only experienced players that future UK teams will have will be role players. The stars are going to move on as they did at Memphis and as they did this year at UK.

Harrellson and Hood???
I have to agree with Hoopboy (just a little bit) on this one. That was a VERY young team, new coach, new system, etc. LOADED with talent, but the games they lost, you could see the youth and immaturity in some of them. I would love to see how good they could have been this season if they all came back. Goodness, gracious, sakes alive they could have been scary!!!

 

That's a start.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.