Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cal to the Bulls?

Featured Replies

Going to the Elite 8 with a team that might post 4 players in the top 10 of the NBA draft and probably 5 in the top 20, no, I am not.

 

They were easily the most talented team in the NCAA. And they were a joy to watch for most of the season.

 

Yet you feel that in 02 with Prince, Bogans, Fitch, Hayes, Daniels, Estill, Camara, Parker, etc. etc. etc., they should not have went further. Double standard anyone?

  • Replies 227
  • Views 23.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Based on Cal's recruiting mindset, do you ever think that it will not be that same way with a lot of young players that are loaded with talent and new to the system.

 

Assuming all stay in the draft and Dodson does go somewhere else, you will have Miller and Liggins as the only returning players.

 

I am assuming that the only experienced players that future UK teams will have will be role players. The stars are going to move on as they did at Memphis and as they did this year at UK.

 

I think we will see fewer of the 'one and dones' for one main reason, .... the NBA's collective bargaining agreement. If that was not an issue, IMHO, Bledsoe and Orton come back and the Cats only lose Patterson, Wall and Cousins to the draft. Big different in losing 5 and losing 3 players. Once the new CBA is in place then I think we will see UK have some one and dones, but not the mass exodus we saw from this year's team. Cal never lost 4 one and dones at Memphis and I don't he will at UK in the future.

 

And Cal HAD to bring in that level of talent to rebuild the program and bring the spark back. Look at how many early entrants are declaring this year, primarily because they want to have that guaranteed money that might possibly not be there next season if a new CBA isn't reached.

Yet you feel that in 02 with Prince, Bogans, Fitch, Hayes, Daniels, Estill, Camara, Parker, etc. etc. etc., they should not have went further. Double standard anyone?

 

I don't think the '02 team had nearly as much talent as this past year's team HOWEVER the '02 team had more experience. I thought they should have went further just as I thought this year's team should have as well. But in a lose and go home type situation as the NCAA tourney is, one off night and you are done. Pitino even made that comment in '98 saying that if it were a best of 5 or best of 7 series, he would feel good against any team in the tourney. But one bad game and bye bye means you can't slip up, even a little bit.

Any UK fan that thinks there's no chance Calipari coaches Lebron next year is crazy.

Any UK fan that thinks there's no chance Calipari coaches Lebron next year is crazy.

 

I don't like to say there is no chance, but I think the chance is extremely low. Most likely, somewhere between slim and none, .... but that doesn't completely rule out the possibility. I just don't see it happening.

I don't like to say there is no chance, but I think the chance is extremely low. Most likely, somewhere between slim and none, .... but that doesn't completely rule out the possibility. I just don't see it happening.

 

Depends if Chicago can land LeBron to pair up with Derrick Rose. :idunno:

 

(heard the scenario possibility on Mike and Mike this morning)

Depends if Chicago can land LeBron to pair up with Derrick Rose. :idunno:

 

(heard the scenario possibility on Mike and Mike this morning)

 

I heard that as well. Cleveland would be unlikely to do a sign and trade, so Lebron would probably have to be willing to walk away from around $30 million that he could only get if he stayed with the Cavs or if they worked a sign and trade deal. But if Lebron wants to win a title, Chicago has a better supporting cast then Cleveland right now. I just don't think that Cal walks after just 1 season.

I heard that as well. Cleveland would be unlikely to do a sign and trade, so Lebron would probably have to be willing to walk away from around $30 million that he could only get if he stayed with the Cavs or if they worked a sign and trade deal. But if Lebron wants to win a title, Chicago has a better supporting cast then Cleveland right now. I just don't think that Cal walks after just 1 season.

 

Why not? Just b/c we want Cal to win an NCAA title w/ the Cats doesn't mean that he wouldn't rather coach a Lebron lead team to an NBA title.

Money will not be an option.

Prestige will be.

 

Therefore, should he take a chance in the NBA and fail where does he fall back to? He isn't a young pup anymore and without success in the NBA and 0 National Championships, where does his image go?

 

Sure he could be gobbled up by a big name NCAA program after a few years of failed NBA regime (if he did indeed fail) but he would be pushing 60 and not have the stamina or staying power to possibly start over and win the NCAA.

 

There is no guarantee to win the NCAA at UK but his chances are real good each year and his legacy will be imprinted forever as one of the greats and could potentially be the greatest if he stays around past his anticipated 10 year stint.

Money will not be an option.

Prestige will be.

 

Therefore, should he take a chance in the NBA and fail where does he fall back to? He isn't a young pup anymore and without success in the NBA and 0 National Championships, where does his image go?

 

Sure he could be gobbled up by a big name NCAA program after a few years of failed NBA regime (if he did indeed fail) but he would be pushing 60 and not have the stamina or staying power to possibly start over and win the NCAA.

 

There is no guarantee to win the NCAA at UK but his chances are real good each year and his legacy will be imprinted forever as one of the greats and could potentially be the greatest if he stays around past his anticipated 10 year stint.

 

 

:thumb: That's exactly why I don't think he leaves UK for da Bulls.

If Cal leaves for the NBA this off-season, me and my friends have already decided we'd join in on the couch burnings. I don't know if they'd happen if he'd leave, but I would imagine Lexington would go pretty crazy. I'm a Cal fan, but that would change if he left the Cats high and dry this year.

Money will not be an option.

Prestige will be.

 

Therefore, should he take a chance in the NBA and fail where does he fall back to? He isn't a young pup anymore and without success in the NBA and 0 National Championships, where does his image go?

 

Sure he could be gobbled up by a big name NCAA program after a few years of failed NBA regime (if he did indeed fail) but he would be pushing 60 and not have the stamina or staying power to possibly start over and win the NCAA.

 

There is no guarantee to win the NCAA at UK but his chances are real good each year and his legacy will be imprinted forever as one of the greats and could potentially be the greatest if he stays around past his anticipated 10 year stint.

I totally agree. :thumb: I just hope Cal does, too!

Money will not be an option.

Prestige will be.

 

Therefore, should he take a chance in the NBA and fail where does he fall back to? He isn't a young pup anymore and without success in the NBA and 0 National Championships, where does his image go?

 

Sure he could be gobbled up by a big name NCAA program after a few years of failed NBA regime (if he did indeed fail) but he would be pushing 60 and not have the stamina or staying power to possibly start over and win the NCAA.

 

There is no guarantee to win the NCAA at UK but his chances are real good each year and his legacy will be imprinted forever as one of the greats and could potentially be the greatest if he stays around past his anticipated 10 year stint.

 

He's never coached a big name college program until last year. If he failed in Chicago (he wouldn't if LBJ was there) he could get another college job in a second. He could also retire and go to TV. Why keep recruiting in the grey area when you could be done recruiting and coach Lebron?

He's never coached a big name college program until last year. If he failed in Chicago (he wouldn't if LBJ was there) he could get another college job in a second. He could also retire and go to TV. Why keep recruiting in the grey area when you could be done recruiting and coach Lebron?

 

Gray area? Can you please provide facts? Sounds like Cal's phone has been very busy with incoming calls from recruits lately. Grass isn't always greener, even with Lebron. Nice shot at Cal though. I know all of the UK detractors would love to see Cal go. They could take a deep breath.

I hope he doesn't leave this year (I see it as only a matter of short time before he does though), but I wouldn't be the least bit suprised if I woke up to the news any morning.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.