May 24, 201016 yr Could you give us more details of what is going on behind the scenes? You seem to be very well connected and in the loop. How is that "in the loop"? What he just stated was all over ESPN and all the sports channels, not really inside information.
May 24, 201016 yr I'm in the loop with LeBron, he texted me last night and said UK has nothing to worry about. I've stated that on here before :lol:. Edited May 24, 201016 yr by CatsCatsCats If you couldn't smell the sarcasm in this post, I feel sorry for you.
May 24, 201016 yr How is that "in the loop"? What he just stated was all over ESPN and all the sports channels, not really inside information. Thank you. I figured all that 'in the loop info' was all common knowledge at this point.
May 24, 201016 yr I am so glad you always qualify your statements by mentioning this. Thank you. Might even be more entertaining to watch the Duke fanbase react if K leaves for the NBA. Then we could see who is really nutty. First off, why bring Duke in this conversation? What's the point? Two, the Duke fanbase wouldn't lose their heads. There are really only 2 people who have a chance for that job. Johnny Dawkins and Wojo. I'd be very surprised if they didn't keep that job in house. Maybe you should use another school for an example. Thirdly, Coach K will retire at Duke. He turned down major money to coach the Lakers in 04 and turned down 12-15 million a year from the Nets this year. I think it's safe to say he isn't going anywhere for at least 34 more wins.
May 24, 201016 yr Maybe Greeny should have told him to tell WWW to quit using back door channels to see if any teams would be interested in a Cal/LeBron package. Then he should have his agent tell all NBA teams he isn't coming and to leave him alone. Then he should hold a press conference at the Joe Craft Facility live during Sportscenter with the entire team behind him as he reiterates that he isn't going anywhere instead of just putting it on twitter. He obviously has excellent PR skills yet he can't seem to be able to keep his name out NBA job opening rumors. Excellent PR skills......but yet he is everyone's number 1 choice......hmmmm.......something smells funny....... Until he does that, it is completely logical to think he is simply waiting on LeBron. I have a hard time believting he would say no to LeBron and Derrick Rose. As for his family you know his son would be all for LeBron and DRose. As for his wife, come on, she married into coaching. She understands the routine. All that will never happen and I know you know why just as well as I do...Cal LOVES it...just like Pitino LOVED it....options mean more money and that is what it's all about. Well, that and ego. That is part of the Cal package. I'm a HUGE UK fan and I can assure you that I haven't lost one bit of sleep about it. He either stays or he goes. Nothing I can do about it, right? I wish that is all I had to worry about.
May 24, 201016 yr First off, why bring Duke in this conversation? What's the point? Two, the Duke fanbase wouldn't lose their heads. There are really only 2 people who have a chance for that job. Johnny Dawkins and Wojo. I'd be very surprised if they didn't keep that job in house. Maybe you should use another school for an example. Thirdly, Coach K will retire at Duke. He turned down major money to coach the Lakers in 04 and turned down 12-15 million a year from the Nets this year. I think it's safe to say he isn't going anywhere for at least 34 more wins. Wojo? Really? Duke would hire Wojo with no head coaching experience?
May 24, 201016 yr Wojo? Really? Duke would hire Wojo with no head coaching experience? Yeah, I think so. I expect Dawkins to get first crack at it. Plus, I said I'd be very surprised if the next Duke coach wasn't in house, doesn't mean it will be. Coach K will likely hand pick his succesor and it seems like Wojo has been an assistant coach since the first day he came to Duke. I would be happy if Wojo was the next head coach of Duke. I would much rather have him who has 10+ years in the system than bring in a new guy with a whole new approach just because he has head coaching experience. Edited May 24, 201016 yr by PurplePride92
May 24, 201016 yr All that will never happen and I know you know why just as well as I do...Cal LOVES it...just like Pitino LOVED it....options mean more money and that is what it's all about. Well, that and ego. That is part of the Cal package. I'm a HUGE UK fan and I can assure you that I haven't lost one bit of sleep about it. He either stays or he goes. Nothing I can do about it, right? I wish that is all I had to worry about. Absolutely.:thumb:
May 24, 201016 yr First off, why bring Duke in this conversation? What's the point? Two, the Duke fanbase wouldn't lose their heads. There are really only 2 people who have a chance for that job. Johnny Dawkins and Wojo. I'd be very surprised if they didn't keep that job in house. Maybe you should use another school for an example. Thirdly, Coach K will retire at Duke. He turned down major money to coach the Lakers in 04 and turned down 12-15 million a year from the Nets this year. I think it's safe to say he isn't going anywhere for at least 34 more wins. Wow, sounds like you are a Dukie insider, and know exactly what Coach K's next moves will be. The point of bringing Duke up is in case you missed it, it was all over ESPN this morning about him possibly going to Cleveland. Nice to know that the Dukies house is in good order, and they would never go outside of the "family" to look for their next coach. I wish we had a coach that had turned down 12-15 mm/year for a job. That is a great feather in your cap. UK2K.
May 24, 201016 yr Wow, sounds like you are a Dukie insider, and know exactly what Coach K's next moves will be. The point of bringing Duke up is in case you missed it, it was all over ESPN this morning about him possibly going to Cleveland. Nice to know that the Dukies house is in good order, and they would never go outside of the "family" to look for their next coach. I wish we had a coach that had turned down 12-15 mm/year for a job. That is a great feather in your cap. UK2K. I was wondering why Duke was brought up. Duke insider? I wish. Duke fan? Yeah, for 20 years now. All my answers about Duke are purely speculation on my part. Here's more speculation.....no chance he goes to Cleveland. I wish you guys had a coach like Coach K also. Hopefully Cal sticks around and establishes a family for UK.
May 25, 201016 yr Wow, sounds like you are a Dukie insider, and know exactly what Coach K's next moves will be. The point of bringing Duke up is in case you missed it, it was all over ESPN this morning about him possibly going to Cleveland. Nice to know that the Dukies house is in good order, and they would never go outside of the "family" to look for their next coach. I wish we had a coach that had turned down 12-15 mm/year for a job. That is a great feather in your cap. UK2K. What does that have to do with anything :lol: As for what PP is saying, he is right on the money. Dawkins is out right now at Stanford learning to be a head coach so when the time comes he will be ready for the job.
May 25, 201016 yr What does that have to do with anything :lol: As for what PP is saying, he is right on the money. Dawkins is out right now at Stanford learning to be a head coach so when the time comes he will be ready for the job. I love how all of you Dukies know who your next coach is going to be. You guys have insider knowledge that is unparalleled in college hoops. I can only dream of being such a knowledgeable fan. Is there anyone else currently in the Duke apprenticeship program? Where do you get all of your insider information? It's quite impressive.
May 25, 201016 yr I love how all of you Dukies know who your next coach is going to be. You guys have insider knowledge that is unparalleled in college hoops. I can only dream of being such a knowledgeable fan. Is there anyone else currently in the Duke apprenticeship program? Where do you get all of your insider information? It's quite impressive. http://www.devilsillustrated.com
May 25, 201016 yr I love how all of you Dukies know who your next coach is going to be. You guys have insider knowledge that is unparalleled in college hoops. I can only dream of being such a knowledgeable fan. Is there anyone else currently in the Duke apprenticeship program? Where do you get all of your insider information? It's quite impressive. I guess you missed the part of my post that had the word speculation in it........oh well. It's not like I am not used to this kind of treatment at this point. Have a good one.:thumb:
May 25, 201016 yr I love how all of you Dukies know who your next coach is going to be. You guys have insider knowledge that is unparalleled in college hoops. I can only dream of being such a knowledgeable fan. Is there anyone else currently in the Duke apprenticeship program? Where do you get all of your insider information? It's quite impressive. It's been common knowledge for quite some time now that Dawkins will probably be the predecessor of Coach K whenever he hangs it up. You're stretching a bit trying to belittle my fellow Dukies on this board IMO. No need to hate, oh wait, Duke 2010 NCAA Champs.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.