Tebow to Denver as a TE

Why is this stupid?

I like the move. Let him play TE & try it out. Develop him at QB in the meantime.

People say he's a great athlete but he's not a QB. Why not try him somewhere else?

The work that it would take to do both, would almost be impossible...

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For people who say it is not a good idea. I guess you all don't agree when people draft someone who was a QB in college, and make him a receiver? I mean this happens a lot, and it doesn't seem like to many people have a problem with that. It is the same situation here.

He has never played Tight End, so now you want to move him, and for the NFL? Learning to block/run routes/get hit by several players at once (remember UK last year?)/ Learning to catch the Ball. Ever see the linebackers in the NFL? I'd be shocked if this happens. Like I said...its stupid.

So? Colleges take athletic QB's in high school all the time, and turn them into receivers in College, even though they never been a receiver. Shoot NFL teams have taken College QB's and turned them into a receiver in the NFL. No one really makes a big deal about that, so why care if a team wants to take a QB in college and turn him into a TE in the NFL. It has happened at WR, so why not for TE? Tebow does have the body for it.

Tebow doesn't want to switch- that must be the prerequisite to drafting the guy to switch positions, IMO.

It is one thing to draft Randel-El or Hines Ward and they know they are moving. Tebow has never said he wants to do this; he wants to play QB. I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole unless I wanted him to play QB. It will be an Eric Crouch situation, IMO.

Tebow doesn't want to switch- that must be the prerequisite to drafting the guy to switch positions, IMO.

It is one thing to draft Randel-El or Hines Ward and they know they are moving. Tebow has never said he wants to do this; he wants to play QB. I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole unless I wanted him to play QB. It will be an Eric Crouch situation, IMO.

Tebow is a competitor and I think he'll play wherever he gets an opportunity. Sure, he wants to play quarterback, but I think he wants to play football more than anything.

Tebow is a competitor and I think he'll play wherever he gets an opportunity. Sure, he wants to play quarterback, but I think he wants to play football more than anything.

They said the same thing about Crouch...anyone that takes Tebow had better know EXACTLY what they are getting is all I'm saying. Take him in the top 2 rounds and then tell him he is a TE and you might be surprised how he reacts.

I have not heard Tebow even say he would consider a switch, so I would take him and understand he is a QB. Otherwise, I would take one of the 10 or so guys that have a grade in the first 3 rounds that have not only played the position in college, but want to play it in the NFL. Again, JMO.

They said the same thing about Crouch...anyone that takes Tebow had better know EXACTLY what they are getting is all I'm saying. Take him in the top 2 rounds and then tell him he is a TE and you might be surprised how he reacts.

I have not heard Tebow even say he would consider a switch, so I would take him and understand he is a QB. Otherwise, I would take one of the 10 or so guys that have a grade in the first 3 rounds that have not only played the position in college, but want to play it in the NFL. Again, JMO.

I agree that you must talk with him beforehand, tell him your plans, and see how he responds.

I thought that part was obvious.

Frankly, I don't think it's going to be up to him. He will do it, or not be in the league. I just don't see him being an NFL QB at all.

Bingo. :thumb:

It would be dumb for a couple of reasons. One you are spending a first round pick for a project TE that has never played the position and even more important you are bringing in a kid that is the best QB on your team then trying to convert him to TE. The second is up for debate but I'm not sold on Den QB's right now. Especially when they trade everybody but Royal and Moreno.

The Gates comparison is no good, one was an undrafted FA while Tebow will be drafted on day two. I think Tebow could possibly end up playing TE, if he's placed in that position he'll likely give it his all but chalking up an early pick for a project isn't the best way to go about things. This isn't college, you don't have the benefit of an 85 man roster to experiment, not much wiggle room on an NFL roster.

I find it ironic that those who vehemently oppose & ridicule the move assume that Denver will use it with their first pick.

For a guy who apparently won't be able to play any position in the NFL, there sure is a lot of chatter about him going in the first round.