Kyle Singler

GRC4LIFE

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just out of curiosity, how did you all become fans of Duke? I mean are you from NC? Went there to school? Just always have been? A family thing? Like the program? If you are from Kentucky, how did this happen?

To be honest, it kinda just happened. I always remember my dad hating on Duke for "the shot" and I always like being rivals with him. So I kinda got stuck with Duke. And I love being a Duke fan in KY. I cant go any where wearing a Duke shirt without somone saying something.

Just out of curiosity, how did you all become fans of Duke? I mean are you from NC? Went there to school? Just always have been? A family thing? Like the program? If you are from Kentucky, how did this happen?

I was a silent fan of Laettner and Duke in 90. I got a little louder in 91. After 'The Shot' I was a Dukie for life.

I grew up in Bowling Green, cheered for WKU and UL, always cheered against the Cats. Once Pitino went to UL, I quit cheering for them. I love John Wall and still root for WKU and can honestly say that if Jarrod Polson hits the floor for UK at some point then I will root for UK unless they play Duke. I love Jarrod Polson more than John Wall.

I would like to know the other Duke fans' comments on this, my "fandom" has been very detailed on here, so I won't bore anyone with the explanation again.

Those saying that they will be the favorite to repeat must be counting on the NCAA to give them another easy walk in the tournament.:p

You know it. We'll take that cakewalk right into the National Championship again, and win the National Champion AGAIN:walk:

To be honest, it kinda just happened. I always remember my dad hating on Duke for "the shot" and I always like being rivals with him. So I kinda got stuck with Duke. And I love being a Duke fan in KY. I cant go any where wearing a Duke shirt without somone saying something.

I kind of enjoy the same feeling here in ACC country. It's great being a UK fan in this part of the world. (Well accept for the time from about 2006 to 2009 :D) :thumb:

Those saying that they will be the favorite to repeat must be counting on the NCAA to give them another easy walk in the tournament.:p

:ohbrother::cry:

Not really, but we'll take it. You can say whatever you want.....it won't take the trophy away.:deadhorse::p

I have been a Duke fan since about 8. Me and some of my older brother friends got together and was playing some ball.. They started pickin what team they where gonna be, and back then I didnt watch much basketball, so they had to pick for me. Well of course I got picked to play as Duke lol. Been a fan of them since then. im 20 now.

I even got a duke tat on my leg lol. Every where I go, someone always says Im gonna chop that leg off lol..

not sure how to put a pic on here so I'll put the tat as my display pic lol..