Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kyle Singler

Featured Replies

Curry led all freshmen in the country in scoring when he was at Liberty

  • Replies 54
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not a Duke fan, but I do like to hear about kids coming back to school. Duke fans should be stoked.

Duke should head in to the 2010-2011 season and the #1 ranked team.

 

They were going to be top 5 without Singler...with him, I see a repeat.

 

I don't

  • Author
I don't

 

They will clearly be the favorites. Repeating is very difficult, but they are the odds on favorite to. I wouldn't be surprised if they did or didn't.

They will clearly be the favorites. Repeating is very difficult, but they are the odds on favorite to. I wouldn't be surprised if they did or didn't.

 

This isn't quite like picking Tiger over the field. Duke will be great don't get me wrong, but the chances of repeating over many other good teams this day and age, is highly unlikely.( IMO).

  • Author
This isn't quite like picking Tiger over the field. Duke will be great don't get me wrong, but the chances of repeating over many other good teams this day and age, is highly unlikely.( IMO).

 

I definitely agree. They are the odds on favorite though so us Dukies can hope. :banana:

I definitely agree. They are the odds on favorite though so us Dukies can hope. :banana:

 

Probably the same odds of us winning it this year:banana:

I definitely agree. They are the odds on favorite though so us Dukies can hope. :banana:

 

True, but KU and UK were doing the same thing around this time last year, and you saw what happened to all those hopes, lol.

True, but KU and UK were doing the same thing around this time last year, and you saw what happened to all those hopes, lol.

 

Not the same situation. Neither team was returning 2 of their best 3 players as well as the Most Outstanding Player of the Final Four off of a championship winning team. Neither team was returning those two players who will be seniors(senior leadership and experience are key to winning the tournament). Neither team was returning a coach who has coached a team to a repeat(Coach K in 1991 and 1992) as well as coach a team that was expected to repeat but didn't(2001 and 2002) so there is no other coach I would rather have. Neither team was replacing an 18 ppg scorer(Scheyer) with an already proven 18 ppg scorer(Curry). Neither team was replacing one of the the best rebounding tandems in the country(Zoubek and Thomas) with guys capable of being the best rebounding tandem(the Brothers Plumlee) in country who also provide more offense than the guys they are replacing.

 

The deck is definitely stacked in Duke's favor but they have to play the games. With the talent and athletic ability this team is going to have, this Duke team is going to be not only the preseason #1 and the odds on favorite to win the championship but they are going to be a lot of fun to watch. This is Coach K's deepest and most athletic team since 1999. I wish the season started tomorrow.

Not the same situation. Neither team was returning 2 of their best 3 players as well as the Most Outstanding Player of the Final Four off of a championship winning team. Neither team was returning those two players who will be seniors(senior leadership and experience are key to winning the tournament). Neither team was returning a coach who has coached a team to a repeat(Coach K in 1991 and 1992) as well as coach a team that was expected to repeat but didn't(2001 and 2002) so there is no other coach I would rather have. Neither team was replacing an 18 ppg scorer(Scheyer) with an already proven 18 ppg scorer(Curry). Neither team was replacing one of the the best rebounding tandems in the country(Zoubek and Thomas) with guys capable of being the best rebounding tandem(the Brothers Plumlee) in country who also provide more offense than the guys they are replacing.

 

The deck is definitely stacked in Duke's favor but they have to play the games. With the talent and athletic ability this team is going to have, this Duke team is going to be not only the preseason #1 and the odds on favorite to win the championship but they are going to be a lot of fun to watch. This is Coach K's deepest and most athletic team since 1999. I wish the season started tomorrow.

 

No not exactly the same. KU was returning Aldrich and Collins and most people had them hyped up, way up. They were also bringing in a "big time" scorer in Henry. KU was #1 in all the polls and the odds favored them as well to cut down the nets in the tourney. UK was bringing in one of the best classes ever with big athletic, strong guys. They killed people on the boards with Cousins, Orton, Patterson. Then you have Wall coming in and avg around 18 pts a game, replacing meeks avg. Which everyone was excited to see these guys and teams play. In those regards it the same, somewhat. I agree that Coach K being their biggest weapon, he has the defensive, offensive, conditioning, free throw shooting, discipline, etc. instilled within his players.

  • Author
No not exactly the same. KU was returning Aldrich and Collins and most people had them hyped up, way up. They were also bringing in a "big time" scorer in Henry. KU was #1 in all the polls and the odds favored them as well to cut down the nets in the tourney. UK was bringing in one of the best classes ever with big athletic, strong guys. They killed people on the boards with Cousins, Orton, Patterson. Then you have Wall coming in and avg around 18 pts a game, replacing meeks avg. Which everyone was excited to see these guys and teams play. In those regards it the same, somewhat. I agree that Coach K being their biggest weapon, he has the defensive, offensive, conditioning, free throw shooting, discipline, etc. instilled within his players.

 

Your argument for Kansas makes more sense, they just choked (which Bill Self is known for). In regards to UK, they relied heavily on freshman. Won't be the same in Blue Devil land next year.

Your argument for Kansas makes more sense, they just choked (which Bill Self is known for). In regards to UK, they relied heavily on freshman. Won't be the same in Blue Devil land next year.

 

I had to rain on the Duke parade on here:D, I haven't been on BGP much latley and I get back on and BGP is full of Dukies.:scared:

I had to rain on the Duke parade on here:D, I haven't been on BGP much latley and I get back on and BGP is full of Dukies.:scared:

 

There is 4 of us:lol:

There is 4 of us:lol:

 

And we can be loud, proud and we stick together.:ylsuper:

I had to rain on the Duke parade on here:D, I haven't been on BGP much latley and I get back on and BGP is full of Dukies.:scared:

 

It's all good. :thumb:

 

 

Make sure you are around from November-April. We'll be here.:D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.