Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rod Strickland picked up for DUI

Featured Replies

According to Ch 27 Assistant UK basketball coach Rod Strickland was picked up for DUI around 3:00AM. Not alot of details yet.

  • Replies 124
  • Views 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WIll this be the end of his days at UK? I think Cal has to worry about anyone or anything that may tarnish what he is trying to do.

 

Plus with Billy Clydes rep, I think Barnhart may put a little pressure on letting him go. They don't want any negative news.

  • Author
WIll this be the end of his days at UK? I think Cal has to worry about anyone or anything that may tarnish what he is trying to do.

 

Good question, I was thinking the same thing. Guess we will just have to wait and see.

I can see him possibly being suspended, do a little rehab, you all know the drill. I immediately thought of Kevin Willard when I saw this on the news but then I heard this is his 4th DUI overall but his first in 9 years. This has to hurt his chances of ever being a head coach.

 

Isn't he a pipeline to top notch recruits like Michael Gilchrist? If so, I doubt he'll be fired but you never know. I guess we'll soon see.

I have always been a fan of Rod. But man his 4th. That alone could really hurt him not only with UK, but ever getting a college job. He may be able to get one in the NBA. Not sure many colleges will take a chance on a guy with 4.

Here we go!!!!! A Sunday night.......Really!!!!

If this is his 4th DUI, then I believe he needs to be fired immediately. That is just flat out ridiculous.

Sounds like he needs some help. Hopefully, he can get the help he needs before he hurts someone else or himself.

Sounds like he needs some help. Hopefully, he can get the help he needs before he hurts someone else or himself.

 

:thumb:

Maybe I'm painting with too broad a brush, but if someone has been caught 4 times, ho many times does that person go "un-caught?"

If this is his 4th DUI, then I believe he needs to be fired immediately. That is just flat out ridiculous.

 

Absolutely agree here. This is unacceptable. Firing him could be a blessing in disguise. It might serve as a serious wake up call, and get him the help he needs.

If he is let go, as he should. Do you think that Delk or Padgett move up the ladder on the Staff ?

Did I understand that this was his first in Nine years?

 

It sounds like he has had some time of sobriety but something fell apart here.

 

I think UK would be justified in having him terminated but could understand another prescription of therapy, rehab and "no tolerance" policy would be understandable as well.

 

Just my take. :walk:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.