Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rod Strickland picked up for DUI

Featured Replies

Did I understand that this was his first in Nine years?

 

It sounds like he has had some time of sobriety but something fell apart here.

 

I think UK would be justified in having him terminated but could understand another prescription of therapy, rehab and "no tolerance" policy would be understandable as well.

 

Just my take. :walk:

 

:thumb:

  • Replies 124
  • Views 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did I understand that this was his first in Nine years?

 

It sounds like he has had some time of sobriety but something fell apart here.

 

I think UK would be justified in having him terminated but could understand another prescription of therapy, rehab and "no tolerance" policy would be understandable as well.

 

Just my take. :walk:

 

 

Or as mcpappa pointed out, it's just the first time he's been caught in 9 years. There is no excuse for 1 DUI, much less 4 DUI's. He needs to be canned.

It would not surprise me to see the DUI charged reduced, and Strickland remain on staff.

 

If he is found guilty of a DUI, he should be let go.

If this were his 1st or 2nd, I'd see no reason to punish him. Being his 4th, the man needs a little help. Maybe isn't fit to be coaching. Maybe a rehab program.

If this were his 1st or 2nd, I'd see no reason to punish him. Being his 4th, the man needs a little help. Maybe isn't fit to be coaching. Maybe a rehab program.

 

Very true.

If this were his 1st or 2nd, I'd see no reason to punish him. Being his 4th, the man needs a little help. Maybe isn't fit to be coaching. Maybe a rehab program.

 

He has 2 DUI's...he was acquitted of another DUI arrest.

 

I think that he may be acquitted of this one, too. If not, look for Kentucky to hire Kenny Payne to take Strickland's place.

 

http://www.lex18.com/news/uk-releases-statement-regarding-stricklands-dui-arrest/

Maybe I'm painting with too broad a brush, but if someone has been caught 4 times, ho many times does that person go "un-caught?"

 

You could use that same logic with a large percentage of those who have never received a DUI. I'd say the majority of the population has went "uncaught" at least once in their lives...

If he is let go, as he should. Do you think that Delk or Padgett move up the ladder on the Staff ?

 

From what I've read, if he is let go this would open the door for Kenny Payne to be brought in. He is going to be brought in anyway but I hear he is a great recruiter.

You could use that same logic with a large percentage of those who have never received a DUI. I'd say the majority of the population has went "uncaught" at least once in their lives...

I am not disagreeing with you, but what mcpapa is saying is that it is not normal to constantly tempt fate once you have already been caught... multiple times in this case.

From what I've read, if he is let go this would open the door for Kenny Payne to be brought in. He is going to be brought in anyway but I hear he is a great recruiter.

 

Sounds good. :thumb:

Would be great to see a Louisville Cardinal on that Kentucky staff. It would raise the level of class on that coaching staff......LOL (JUST JOKING)

 

But would like to see one of my favorite Cardinals on staff.

I would not mind to see UK part ways with him. I just don't think we need him in the program if hes going to be like this. If its his 1st one thats different. 4 DUI's is ridiculous. Being the 4th one I really hope UK replaces him.

He went over a .08 so I doubt it will be reduced. Unless he wears his UK gear to court. He may have a chance then.

If this is his 4th DUI, then I believe he needs to be fired immediately. That is just flat out ridiculous.

 

:thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.