April 12, 201016 yr From what I've read, if he is let go this would open the door for Kenny Payne to be brought in. He is going to be brought in anyway but I hear he is a great recruiter. Who is Kenny Payne?
April 12, 201016 yr He went over a .08 so I doubt it will be reduced. Unless he wears his UK gear to court. He may have a chance then. I thought I read that he refused the B.A.:confused:
April 12, 201016 yr Who is Kenny Payne? Former University of Louisville basketball player. He has been coaching at Oregan.
April 12, 201016 yr Who is Kenny Payne? Played on Louisville's 1986 title team. Assistant coach at Oregon for 5 or 6 years.
April 12, 201016 yr I thought I read that he refused the B.A.:confused: Correct. I assumed the aggrivating DUI charge was for a high BA, but it's also for a refusal to give a breath test.
April 12, 201016 yr Correct. I assumed the aggrivating DUI charge was for a high BA, but it's also for a refusal to give a breath test. True, which is automattic suspension of his drivers license.
April 12, 201016 yr I would not mind to see UK part ways with him. I just don't think we need him in the program if hes going to be like this. If its his 1st one thats different. 4 DUI's is ridiculous. Being the 4th one I really hope UK replaces him. He does not have 4 DUI's. He went over a .08 so I doubt it will be reduced. Unless he wears his UK gear to court. He may have a chance then. Where did you find that he went over a .08?
April 12, 201016 yr He went over a .08 so I doubt it will be reduced. Unless he wears his UK gear to court. He may have a chance then. Correct. I assumed the aggrivating DUI charge was for a high BA, but it's also for a refusal to give a breath test. You wouldn't get an aggravated DUI for going over a .08. It's not an "aggravation" unless your BAC is 0.18 or higher. There are multiple other aggravating factors, but none relate to your BAC except this one. As you said, refusing to submit to any test or tests of one's blood, breath, or urine when requested by an officer (who has reasonable grounds to believe you were operating the vehicle) is an aggravating factor.
April 12, 201016 yr Or as mcpappa pointed out, it's just the first time he's been caught in 9 years. There is no excuse for 1 DUI, much less 4 DUI's. He needs to be canned. You can't fire someone for things you have no proof of. And, yes, I think 4 DUI's is bad. But I still think that given it's the first in 9 years there should be some consideration of the time he went without one. Plus, I think it's much worse to get 3 so close together 9+ years ago. People make mistakes. I don't necessarily agree someone should automatically lose their job.
April 12, 201016 yr He does not have 4 DUI's. According to KSR this is the 4th time he has been arrested for DUI, and has been convicted of that charge twice already. No matter how you want to try and portray it, the guy is a danger to society, and needs to be fired. UK doesn't need anymore problems with coaches who can't seem to control this particular problem.
April 12, 201016 yr You can't fire someone for things you have no proof of. And, yes, I think 4 DUI's is bad. But I still think that given it's the first in 9 years there should be some consideration of the time he went without one. Plus, I think it's much worse to get 3 so close together 9+ years ago. People make mistakes. I don't necessarily agree someone should automatically lose their job. Things they have no proof of? He has 2 prior convictions for DUI, and is now arrested for another DUI? How much proof do you need?
April 12, 201016 yr Things they have no proof of? He has 2 prior convictions for DUI, and is now arrested for another DUI? How much proof do you need? If it was 9 years ago, he could have those prior DUI's expunged. Therefore, no proof. I don't know, just saying.
April 12, 201016 yr You can't fire someone for things you have no proof of. And, yes, I think 4 DUI's is bad. But I still think that given it's the first in 9 years there should be some consideration of the time he went without one. Plus, I think it's much worse to get 3 so close together 9+ years ago. People make mistakes. I don't necessarily agree someone should automatically lose their job. :thumb: Also, those prior mistakes occurred in the NBA. It doesn't change the fact that he broke a very serious law, nor does it make this one any less important. But I think it's worth noting that the culture in the NBA is very different than what we're familiar with. According to KSR this is the 4th time he has been arrested for DUI, and has been convicted of that charge twice already. No matter how you want to try and portray it, the guy is a danger to society, and needs to be fired. UK doesn't need anymore problems with coaches who can't seem to control this particular problem. I am not doing anything but presenting facts. Rod Strickland has 2 DUI's, not 4. Whether or not he gets his THIRD one remains to be seen. Regardless, I agree with your general premise that Kentucky does not need a distraction of this nature.
April 12, 201016 yr Things they have no proof of? He has 2 prior convictions for DUI, and is now arrested for another DUI? How much proof do you need? In the post I quoted, you said: "Or as mcpappa pointed out, it's just the first time he's been caught in 9 years." You can't assume such a thing, and you can't make a decision about firing someone based on such an assumption. And good grief! Why am I defending a UK basketball coach? :ohbrother:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.