Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rod Strickland picked up for DUI

Featured Replies

I don't think anyone has judged a person's worth based on their mistakes. I just feel that there are some things that you can't/shouldn't do according to your job. And it's not limited to mistakes people make. Let me ask you this. How comfortable would you be flying if you knew that the pilot was battling severe depression? Let's say the pilot had attempted suicide a couple of times, should the airline still let him be a pilot?

 

I'd have zero problem with it. If it hasn't affected his ability to get the plane from point A to point B in the past, why would I have any reason to think it would in the future?

  • Replies 124
  • Views 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd have zero problem with it. If it hasn't affected his ability to get the plane from point A to point B in the past, why would I have any reason to think it would in the future?

 

 

What if he decided to attempt sucidie again with a plane load of passengers?

What if he decided to attempt sucidie again with a plane load of passengers?

 

That's what co-pilots are for. :D

What if he decided to attempt sucidie again with a plane load of passengers?

 

That wouldn't be suicide, that'd be murder for one, and two if he's never done it in his past, why would it all of a sudden become an issue?

 

I guess what I'm struggling to understand is how that would be any different than any other pilot just deciding they wanted to off themselves all of a sudden...It's not something you can "prepare" for.

I'd have zero problem with it. If it hasn't affected his ability to get the plane from point A to point B in the past, why would I have any reason to think it would in the future?

 

Evidently you don't fly as much as me because I would have a real problem with it!!!!

Evidently you don't fly as much as me because I would have a real problem with it!!!!

 

Let's put it in the proper context though.

 

He's suffered from depression in the past, has attempted suicide multiple times, but hasn't done so for 9 years. He's never once, even during those dark times put the lives of his passengers in jeopardy. Why should I as a passenger be any more concerned about flying with him than any other pilot?

Let's put it in the proper context though.

 

He's suffered from depression in the past, has attempted suicide multiple times, but hasn't done so for 9 years. He's never once, even during those dark times put the lives of his passengers in jeopardy. Why should I as a passenger be any more concerned about flying with him than any other pilot?

 

Are we really comparing a pilot with a depression disorder attempting suicide to Rod Strickland getting arrested on suspicious of DUI charges?

I know teachers have lost their teaching license for multiple DUI's. Role Model clause in the teaching certificate.

I know teachers have lost their teaching license for multiple DUI's. Role Model clause in the teaching certificate.

 

And understandably so. Teaching children is very different than coaching college basketball.

Are we really comparing a pilot with a depression disorder attempting suicide to Rod Strickland getting arrested on suspicious of DUI charges?

 

LRCW brought it up. I said I wouldn't have a problem flying with a pilot that had never had a history of putting his passengers in danger, regardless of his personal problems.

I'm reminded of a figure of speech from Porky's.

 

Moral turpitude.

And understandably so. Teaching children is very different than coaching college basketball.

 

With the makeup of Cal's teams, the only difference could be the months of June, July and August.

With the makeup of Cal's teams, the only difference could be the months of June, July and August.

 

Huh? :confused:

Huh? :confused:

 

High school seniors vs a team of college freshmen.

Only difference is June, July and August.

High school seniors vs a team of college freshmen.

Only difference is June, July and August.

 

Sorry, but the young men that play college ball, or attend college at all, are adults. They're not children.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.