well, well, well

If I were in position to draw a manufacturing company into our county, I would gladly make them exempt from paying any taxes if they could employee a significant amount of people. The jobs they provide would be more beneficial.

I wouldn't care if the company made billions in profit. Jobs for the ones in need is what matters.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am fine with everything you say here, except the payroll witholding. The adminstrative costs for the government to recover the taxes not paid would be horrific. Keep it coming out of the paychecks. Then, the IRS only has to worry about those who didn't have enough withheld, or any withheld.

That system is far to painless. Right now way to many people that I know view a tax refund as a gift from Uncle Sam rather then what it really is, the government returning money to you that you were over charged. I don't see how administratione costs would rise. You get a statement telling you how much you made and how much to write the check for. You don't pay they come after you, just like now. I can see where it would actually reduce costs because you won't need the buerocrats they now have to make sense of the tax code.

So you guys are okay with all the poor people getting their subsidies, because that is the system we have set up. I said I am great playing by these rules . . . it appears, in other threads that many of you folks are not. When corporations use whatever means necessary to get more money, within the law, that is fine, when individuals do it, and collect their "subsidies" you are not okay with it.

When individuals do whatever it takes to EARN their own it is fine. When the government steals from those who produce to give it to those that don't produce it's a different story.

Your comparing apples to oranges.

There's a huge difference between wanting to keep what's yours(In this case corporations) and wanting to take what is someone else's(Entitlements).

When individuals do whatever it takes to EARN their own it is fine. When the government steals from those who produce to give it to those that don't produce it's a different story.

Your comparing apples to oranges.

There's a huge difference between wanting to keep what's yours(In this case corporations) and wanting to take what is someone else's(Entitlements).

Subsidies obtained by corporations are not earned. They are government give aways.

How so?
If you dont give me my subsidies or my tax abatement or whatever else I want then I'll just take my company elsewhere where someone will kiss my and give me what I want . If that aint coercion then I don't know what is .

If you dont give me my subsidies or my tax abatement or whatever else I want then I'll just take my company elsewhere where someone will kiss my and give me what I want . If that aint coercion then I don't know what is .

Kind of like Unions?

If it didn't work out better for the entity giving the subsidies, it wouldn't happen.

Have guts enough to stand up for your principles and call their bluff.

Besides, unless the government is actually giving them money, it is most likely a tax break. That means they get to keep the money they earned. Yes the money they earned. Once again, they get to keeep the money they earned. I know it is a difficult concept for some to grasp, keeping the money one earns.

Have guts enough to stand up for your principles and call their bluff.

Besides, unless the government is actually giving them money, it is most likely a tax break. That means they get to keep the money they earned. Yes the money they earned. Once again, they get to keeep the money they earned. I know it is a difficult concept for some to grasp, keeping the money one earns.

Then they need to PAY for the roads they use and the police and fire protection they are provided, and the safety afforded because of our national defense, and the court system for when they sue or get sued. You act like they receive no "free" benefit from the government already, yet you forget that all of the services I have mentioned above plus many, many more are used by the company and are not free.

Then they need to PAY for the roads they use and the police and fire protection they are provided, and the safety afforded because of our national defense, and the court system for when they sue or get sued. You act like they receive no "free" benefit from the government already, yet you forget that all of the services I have mentioned above plus many, many more are used by the company and are not free.

I guess at this point you have to ask if the jobs they provide are worth the tax abatements? Then after the tax abatements are up, they are paying taxes and providing jobs. Actually I am never for 100% of tax forgiveness, as everyone should have to pay something. A flat tax rate for everyone and every business.