Kenny Roark out as Middlesboro's football Coach

I heard that he had some serious off the field issues that have gotten progressively worse over the past 4 or 5 years that became undeniable. Their hands were tied.

It's amazing how a team goes 12-2, 14-1, 13-2, etc and you don't ever hear about "off the field issues"; but have a few seasons of .500 or below and all of the sudden "off the field issues" arise.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's amazing how a team goes 12-2, 14-1, 13-2, etc and you don't ever hear about "off the field issues"; but have a few seasons of .500 or below and all of the sudden "off the field issues" arise.

Some things are kept a little quiet. You have to live in Bell County to hear some of it.

I wonder what kind of serious issues, I mean they where serious issues we can over look, until we had a losing season, but I understand there hands where tied. I hope the parents are not in control of this program, if so Middleeboro's best days are behind them.

Like I said, they got progressively worse. This means they were at their worst, this past season. Make no mistake, it was no coincidence that it was their worst season in recent memory.

I spoke to a parent of the program today and the names and numbers I heard thrown around are insane. 130+ applicants, 30 interviews, Coach from a certian small town just south that produces aluminum. 135K.....Seriously insane.:scared:

It makes sense to align with the schools. If you live in Hebron, why would you want to drive all the way to Union 3 nights a week for practice, and vice versa. If you have more than one child playing, it can be a nightmare running all over the county.

It makes sense to align with the schools. If you live in Hebron, why would you want to drive all the way to Union 3 nights a week for practice, and vice versa. If you have more than one child playing, it can be a nightmare running all over the county.

Am I missing something or did you get off on the wrong exit? :confused: Anything new out of M'boro?

I spoke to a parent of the program today and the names and numbers I heard thrown around are insane. 130+ applicants, 30 interviews, Coach from a certian small town just south that produces aluminum. 135K.....Seriously insane.:scared:

I believe that someone is way off on their numbers. I have been told that they would not pay top dollar for a coach............135K is around 15x more than the actual number.

I believe that someone is way off on their numbers. I have been told that they would not pay top dollar for a coach............135K is around 15x more than the actual number.

I don't know what they are going to pay but with all of the budget cuts it will be hard for them to pay too much.IMO

Like I said, they got progressively worse. This means they were at their worst, this past season. Make no mistake, it was no coincidence that it was their worst season in recent memory.

Progressively worse sounds more like 4-8, the talent is not the all ways there year in, year out, I admit some coachs are tough on there kids, but that does not mean it is a crime. Parents expected a 17th winning season got dispointed. Parents believe It is not the kids fault, but the Head coach was to blame, I wonder if your pointing the finger in the right direction on this one. The Coach got his, no thanks for the 16 winning seasons or state title, but a boot out the door. If I am wrong on this so be it, but I will say if anything it had a part in getting this home town coach fired.

Sorry I've been in hibernation for a few days...70K to teach drivers ed and coach, 65K in "supplement". [bingo...lol] I'm in now way saying it's true just throwing out what I've heard.

I heard it was former Cumberland High School coach from back in the 90's, Randy Frazier. I think he left Cumberland for Maynardville, TN. I don't know what he's upto now.

He has been an assistant at Bell County the past 3 season.