Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky Recuiting Updates

Featured Replies

Center but he's only 6'8 or 6'9 from what I remember.

 

I don't know if you're talking about college or the pros, but we don't usually see too many 6'8" guys being huge prospects for the NBA. He'd have to but up Beasley-esque numbers I would think. Don't get me wrong I love his game, but I think other players in this class will be better NBA prospects. That's not to say that he won't be the best in the class at both the NCAA & NBA level.

 

Sullinger has a good enough mid range game to play a 4, but on his high school team he played the 5.

 

See his game in the McD's All American Game...hit several outside shots and that wasn't out of the norm.

 

I'd compare him to a Sean May from a few years ago. He'll be a VERY GOOD college player and likely All American, but probably won't have as good of an NBA career as several others in this class.

 

As far as college goes, he's the most ready to step in from day 1 and has the best all around game for his position.

  • Replies 268
  • Views 34k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sullinger has a good enough mid range game to play a 4, but on his high school team he played the 5.

 

See his game in the McD's All American Game...hit several outside shots and that wasn't out of the norm.

 

I'd compare him to a Sean May from a few years ago. He'll be a VERY GOOD college player and likely All American, but probably won't have as good of an NBA career as several others in this class.

 

As far as college goes, he's the most ready to step in from day 1 and has the best all around game for his position.

 

I have no doubt he'll be a nice College player. He lacks the height for the NBA along with his weight issues and lack of athleticism for the pros. Solid college player, average NBA prospect I think. Also post players are so overrated anyway. There just aren't that many good bigs around the country, and I think almost all big guys get extremely overrated in HS and college, especially when they lack height & athleticism.

I have no doubt he'll be a nice College player. He lacks the height for the NBA along with his weight issues and lack of athleticism for the pros. Solid college player, average NBA prospect I think. Also post players are so overrated anyway. There just aren't that many good bigs around the country, and I think almost all big guys get extremely overrated in HS and college, especially when they lack height & athleticism.

 

Sullinger is more polished than some college seniors for his position. You're seriously underrating his athleticism as well. Kid has unreal footwork and gets up and down the floor with ease.

 

If you think he lacks athleticism, you obviously haven't seen him much:

 

 

I think Lamb would be a huge signee for UK. Hes not an NBA ready talent and I believe he will stay for probably 3 years atleast. He can score and he seems like a good kid from what I've heard. He would be a great signee.

I think Lamb would be a huge signee for UK. Hes not an NBA ready talent and I believe he will stay for probably 3 years atleast. He can score and he seems like a good kid from what I've heard. He would be a great signee.

 

We said Orton would stay for 2 or 3 years as well. And that Bledsoe guy? We thought he would stay for a few also.

A question I have is, would a NBA lockout in 2011 cause these signees to stay 2 years or does it not affect the draft?

We said Orton would stay for 2 or 3 years as well. And that Bledsoe guy? We thought he would stay for a few also.

 

Good point, but I just wonder how much the potential lockout factored into those decisions.

 

I agree with LMB on Lamb. I think he'd be around at least 2 years, if not 3. I feel like Kanter will be gone next year, if he's as good as he was in the all-star game Saturday. Knight is almost certainly a one-and-done.

 

Will be interesting to see how it plays out if Cal gets the monster class that most expect him to get in 2011 & some guys from 2010 come back (in addition to Miller, Liggins, & Dodson...if Dodson is still here).

A question I have is, would a NBA lockout in 2011 cause these signees to stay 2 years or does it not affect the draft?

 

I'm pretty sure it would keep them at UK if there was to be a lockout.

We said Orton would stay for 2 or 3 years as well. And that Bledsoe guy? We thought he would stay for a few also.

 

Thats true, but I don't see Lamb being the athlete Bledsoe is and hes not 6-11 like Orton. You never know what the future holds, but I believe he would stick around for a while.

Good point, but I just wonder how much the potential lockout factored into those decisions.

 

I agree with LMB on Lamb. I think he'd be around at least 2 years, if not 3. I feel like Kanter will be gone next year, if he's as good as he was in the all-star game Saturday. Knight is almost certainly a one-and-done.

 

Will be interesting to see how it plays out if Cal gets the monster class that most expect him to get in 2011 & some guys from 2010 come back (in addition to Miller, Liggins, & Dodson...if Dodson is still here).

 

Dodson is gone, IMO.

I'm pretty sure it would keep them at UK if there was to be a lockout.

Or go play pro in Europe...

 

The way I understand it, the desire to declare will be for these guys to get in under the current collective bargaining agreement not necessarily because they think their stock is as high as it can be.

I'm pretty sure it would keep them at UK if there was to be a lockout.

 

If that is the case then Cal should be thinking about saving some scholarships for 2011. As GT has said it's looking likely UK will sign three top players in 2011.

 

The way I understand it, the desire to declare will be for these guys to get in under the current collective bargaining agreement not necessarily because they think their stock is as high as it can be.

 

Correct...

If that is the case then Cal should be thinking about saving some scholarships for 2011. As GT has said it's looking likely UK will sign three top players in 2011.

 

We won't have 13 players on scholarship this year for that very reason. I think Cal is looking to land 4-5 absolute studs in the 2011 class, so he has to make sure there's room available for them.

Sullinger is more polished than some college seniors for his position. You're seriously underrating his athleticism as well. Kid has unreal footwork and gets up and down the floor with ease.

 

If you think he lacks athleticism, you obviously haven't seen him much:

 

 

 

Players seem to get "pigeon-holed" way too early in the process due to size, lack of size or quickness, etc., some can just play the game and often times prove the experts wrong. It seems to be more of a problem in football, but it occurs in basketball as well. The little that I have seen of Sullinger makes me believe that his motor alone will help him overcome any obstacles that he may face in the future due to a lack of height to play inside.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.