April 12, 201016 yr I don't know what it is, but for some reason Kyrie Irving seems to me to be the most complete player in this class. I would switch Knight for Irving really any day.
April 12, 201016 yr Sully is the most complete big man in this class...period. He could easily be the best prospect in this class. He is the most "college-ready" from day 1. I don't know if you're talking about college or the pros, but we don't usually see too many 6'8" guys being huge prospects for the NBA. He'd have to but up Beasley-esque numbers I would think. Don't get me wrong I love his game, but I think other players in this class will be better NBA prospects. That's not to say that he won't be the best in the class at both the NCAA & NBA level.
April 12, 201016 yr I agree with Cats, he won't play center at the NBA level. He better be pretty mobile if he wants to be succesful. I haven't seen much of him though. What do you think Leslie's thoughts are on Patterson being "50/50"? And, it sounds like Knight is all but locked up, but we will find out wednesday.
April 13, 201016 yr I don't know what it is, but for some reason Kyrie Irving seems to me to be the most complete player in this class. I would switch Knight for Irving really any day. I was really hoping Cal could reel in Irving way back in the fall. He plays on the same high school team as Mike Gilchrist, imagine being in high school and having to play against that one two punch.
April 13, 201016 yr Maggard seems to think UK will still get Knight, Lamb, Jones, and Leslie. If they do are they as good or better than last year?
April 13, 201016 yr Maggard seems to think UK will still get Knight, Lamb, Jones, and Leslie. If they do are they as good or better than last year? I was with Marc all weekend and while he still feels good about Leslie, it would be no surprise if he ended up at NC State. There were some rumors swirling Friday on our way to Virginia that Lowe might be fired, but that seems to have passed so they are still a serious contender to land him...
April 13, 201016 yr I was with Marc all weekend and while he still feels good about Leslie, it would be no surprise if he ended up at NC State. There were some rumors swirling Friday on our way to Virginia that Lowe might be fired, but that seems to have passed so they are still a serious contender to land him... Thanks for the info man. Always appreciated.
April 13, 201016 yr Another new name that came out today was Marcus Thornton, he is the Mr. Basketball from Georgia and was released from his LOI from Clemson following Oliver Purnell's firing. He is a 6'8 forward and a 3 star on Rivals.
April 13, 201016 yr Another new name that came out today was Marcus Thornton, he is the Mr. Basketball from Georgia and was released from his LOI from Clemson following Oliver Purnell's firing. He is a 6'8 forward and a 3 star on Rivals. I saw Thornton a few times last year and he would be a solid 4 year type addition. It wouldn't hurt to get a guy or two in that mold for this class...
April 13, 201016 yr I saw Thornton a few times last year and he would be a solid 4 year type addition. It wouldn't hurt to get a guy or two in that mold for this class... Exactly. It will help balance out the one-and-dones that Cal brings in year to year. Some stability is what this team needs down the road, especially with already how young we are as it is.
April 13, 201016 yr Exactly. It will help balance out the one-and-dones that Cal brings in year to year. Some stability is what this team needs down the road, especially with already how young we are as it is. 2011 is very likely to be a repeat of the 2009 group, and it might actually be better if things play out as they are trending right now. To add some guys that will be around for a while with so many scholarships open for 2010 would be a smart move IMO. Cal has a little room to take some core guys while still going hard after his top targets. Should be an interesting few weeks on that front...
April 13, 201016 yr ^Agreed. We free up at least one scholarship next year in Josh Harrellson, not counting the available scholarships we have that weren't used for the 2010 recruits. Also, we could possibly we have a one-and-done or two here for the class giving us 1 or 2 other scholarships. Looks like a big class is on the horizon.
April 13, 201016 yr People I have talked to are freaking out saying that Cal is just going to have 4 or 5 One-and-dones every year and he will never win. People forget that he recruited Bledsoe and Orton to play more than one year. Cal is the master of getting the top talent while developing the other long term players. Give him time and he will build that. This is the perfect year to get some top talent and some prospects to mature and develop.
April 13, 201016 yr People I have talked to are freaking out saying that Cal is just going to have 4 or 5 One-and-dones every year and he will never win. People forget that he recruited Bledsoe and Orton to play more than one year. Cal is the master of getting the top talent while developing the other long term players. Give him time and he will build that. This is the perfect year to get some top talent and some prospects to mature and develop. People you talk with have no idea what they are talking about Coming in to the season, Wall was the only sure fire one-and-done guy. Cousins was a lot better than any one imagined and the other two came out of left field. To my knowledge there has never been 4 Freshman on a single team to be drafted. UK's kids will probably make up half of the Freshman that ultimately declare. It was an odd year to say the least.
April 13, 201016 yr Maggard seems to think UK will still get Knight, Lamb, Jones, and Leslie. If they do are they as good or better than last year? That would be 5 ***** recruits....I'd say that class would be every bit as good on paper. :eek: Crazy how UK could potentially end up with 3 straight classes of 2009 - 4 ***** 2010 - 5 ***** 2011 - 3-4 *****
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.