Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky Recuiting Updates

Featured Replies

I realize he needs time and should take as much as he wants but he's putting himself in positions to make his decision that much harder. He should set a date, he should cut it to a few schools, and go from there. It's just making it harder on himself. Adding schools and not setting a date to announce (taking the pressure off actually choosing a school) are making things more confusing for the kid. It has to be.

 

Or he already knows where he is going and just loves the spotlight...I think it may be harder on some fans than it is the players themselves. It is easy to get caught up in it all, I just try to listen for reports of signings and not worry about the rest until they either become Cats or not. Nothing we can do about it.

  • Replies 268
  • Views 34k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Would be nice to see this starting lineup.

 

BK-PG

Lamb-2

Jones-3

Leslie-4

Kanter-5

 

Miller/Liggins/Hood/Poole coming off the bench.

 

If there's any indication to Miller that he's a bench player he will not be on the bench.

Doubtful we get Leslie AND Jones, regardless of what Knight or Lamb say. If we get even one of them we'd be lucky.

Call me crazy but IMO Miller will start next season reguardless of who Coach Cal signs.

 

I think he'll be starting as well, but not because he's a junior. I think he'll be our best option at the 3.

 

The comparison to Harris and Stevenson is noted, but not completely applicable in this case. It would suggest that Calipari puts more faith in talent than experience. The difference is that Darius Miller is an extremely talented player, much moreso than Harris or Stevenson. In addition, Miller is the guy who filled Harris' spot.

 

If Stacey Poole (or DeAndre Liggins) is better than Darius Miller, then I believe they'll start. I just don't think they'll be better. I expect to see some real improvements from Darius next year. Miller's combination of experience and talent will make him hard to supplant, IMO. Poole is a nice addition, but he's not at the level of a guy like Cousins who ultimately replaced Stevenson, so Miller isn't going to have to compete against a one-and-done talent to keep his job.

 

I like Miller's potential and I think he could be a huge key to our team next season. If he can become more aggressive and realize his potential, he could fill that Patterson role of leadership and stability from an upperclassman that UK will once again be in need of. Not to mention the production he could bring to the table.

Doubtful we get Leslie AND Jones, regardless of what Knight or Lamb say. If we get even one of them we'd be lucky.

 

I'm hoping for one of them.

I would love to have Leslie, simply because he's an athletic freak and most tend to think he'll be here more than a year.

Doubtful we get Leslie AND Jones, regardless of what Knight or Lamb say. If we get even one of them we'd be lucky.

 

We really need one of them, that's for sure.

Lets pretend that Kanter draws the same low post double teams that Cousins drew all season and that Kanter was just as adept at finding Poole (or some other new body) on the weak side perimeter, as Cousins was at finding Miller.

 

If we can find someone who can actually knock down that shot consistently, then there is no reason to believe that someone shouldn't be well ahead of Miller in the Cats pecking order.

 

Perry and Ramon went from starter to bench player when the talent improved. I would hope that JC would do the same with Miller under similar circumstances.

 

You are aware that he made the USA under 19 team last year right? We're not talking about a non talented player here.

If there's any indication to Miller that he's a bench player he will not be on the bench.

 

And then there is this.

You are aware that he made the USA under 19 team last year right? We're not talking about a non talented player here.

 

Hence my reason for expecting him to be better than the player we saw last year.

Hence my reason for expecting him to be better than the player we saw last year.

 

He was the 5th option. Every starter on last years team had games where they seemingly didn't do much. They also had games where they didn't do much. He played w/ 5 guys who will more than likely get drafted in the top 25 this year. What were your expectations?

I think he'll be starting as well, but not because he's a junior. I think he'll be our best option at the 3.

 

The comparison to Harris and Stevenson is noted, but not completely applicable in this case. It would suggest that Calipari puts more faith in talent than experience. The difference is that Darius Miller is an extremely talented player, much moreso than Harris or Stevenson. In addition, Miller is the guy who filled Harris' spot.

 

If Stacey Poole (or DeAndre Liggins) is better than Darius Miller, then I believe they'll start. I just don't think they'll be better. I expect to see some real improvements from Darius next year. Miller's combination of experience and talent will make him hard to supplant, IMO. Poole is a nice addition, but he's not at the level of a guy like Cousins who ultimately replaced Stevenson, so Miller isn't going to have to compete against a one-and-done talent to keep his job.

 

I like Miller's potential and I think he could be a huge key to our team next season. If he can become more aggressive and realize his potential, he could fill that Patterson role of leadership and stability from an upperclassman that UK will once again be in need of. Not to mention the production he could bring to the table.

 

:thumb:

KSR says Cal is visiting 2012 recruit Perry Ellis. Any info on him?

6'8", 210...combo forward...my money has him staying close to home, meaning he commits to Kansas (he's from Wichita).

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.